Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gatti-Ward I Was a Draw

This was on reply a few night ago so I decided to score the fight and pay closer attention to the low blows Gatti was throwing. I felt Frank Cappuccino took a point way too soon the first time I watched this fight but Gatti was throwing low the entire fight and might have deserved to have a 2nd point taken away as well. He was warned in the 2nd, between rounds after the 3rd, again in the 4th and final had a point taken away after another low blow when Ward went down. So no issue there anymore.

Gatti won the first 3 rounds and I had Ward winning the next 3 including getting the extra point for the Gatti low blow. Gatti won the 7th and won the first 2:30 of the 8th until Ward came on big in the last :30 seconds but I still gave it to Gatti.

The 9th was amazing as well as the critical round to score. Ward knocks Gatti down and dominates him for the 1st min, Gatti does his Superman impression and dominates Ward for the next 1:20 and then Ward almost gets McGirt to stop the fight. Now the reason Gatti lost this fight is because one of the judges (from Wards home state no less) scored this round 10-7 Ward but I disagree. Gatti was close to turning a 10-8 into a 10-9 round until Ward came back the end of the round. As bad and annoying as Cappuccino was in this fight he has to get credit for not stopping the fight at the end of the 9th as most refs would have I think. What's more amazing to me is Gatti winning the 10th. My score card is 94-94.

Anyway you look at it it was one of the best fights of the the last 10 years.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gatti-Ward I Was a Draw

I had Gatti winning all 3.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I had Gatti winning all 3.
    So did I. It's been a while since I've watched them but I think I had Gatti taking the first fight by a point or two

ICB Guest

I remember thinking it was a classic draw, none of the rounds were that hard to score. As each man mostly won clear rounds with no real debate. But i had no problem with Micky Ward winning, considering he scored a knockdown and Arturo Gatti had a point took away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't even score it. Couple rounds in started pacing the carpet, transfixed. Was a beautiful cascade of gloved explosions, numbers don't do it justice. Can't wait to see that movie! Hope they do Ward right.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Didn't even score it. Couple rounds in started pacing the carpet, transfixed. Was a beautiful cascade of gloved explosions, numbers don't do it justice. Can't wait to see that movie! Hope they do Ward right.
    Same here, I've watched it many times and I'm just amazed any one could take that kind of punishment and still be standing. My God, man just fall down!

From the previews, the movies looks more like life drama. I hope they are holding out on the good parts.

Thread Information