Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: well KHAN sure knows how to RUN... Run Khan Run....that's what I learned tonight.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default well KHAN sure knows how to RUN... Run Khan Run....that's what I learned tonight.

Another Golden Boy runs in the ring. Not convinced of anything. Khans a bitch, and all ball suckers will come to his rescue here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: well KHAN sure knows how to RUN... Run Khan Run....that's what I learned tonight.

Well I will be glad to field this statement for most of the saddoians.

You are a moron if that is all you learned tonight from this possible FOTY. Khan fought an amazing fight, and managed to stay away from what would be his undoing... a large left hand from Maidana.
    When you stay away from an opponent and land punches, that is what is known as boxing. Khan did this well, yes, but he also throws many many meaningful punches with vicious intent. I think he blends a strong counter punching style and great footwork. He has phenomenal punch speed, which he used almost all night to get Maidana off of him.

Khan is not pansy, he worked his ass off for his victory and I was not really a big fan of his to start with. My hat goes off to him tonight for his resounding victory, and his testament to the boxing world that his chin may be a little suspect, but his heart and determination are going to be there.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: well KHAN sure knows how to RUN... Run Khan Run....that's what I learned tonight.

LOL, if anything Khan should be more safety first.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan got the win, but the hero of the night was Maidana. He was not only fighting Khan, but fighting Cortez as well. He got up off the floor, got himself back together and turned the fight around. If it was a 15 rounder, Khan would have been wasted.

The point deduction was bogus and Khan was allowed to hold on throughout the entire championship rounds. Some of those rounds were so one sided, you could argue that the fight should have been stopped or at the least be given to Maidana 10-8.

Rematch! Khan did what we usually see, quick flurries and then a lot of running about. Maidana came to fight and at the end of the day, his stock has risen. He finished the fight the far fresher of the two. Khan was practically begging for Cortez to help him and for them to hurry the clock.

We've now seen what happens when Khan faces a puncher. He wilts and unfortunately Maidana wasn't composed enough to give himself space. He will do it better next time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    LOL, if anything Khan should be more safety first.
    I'm with you, If he could keep his chin tucked in a bit more and stop leaving himself so open he would have the potential to be a great even with a suspect chin. Gotta take my hat off to Khan though, if someone told me he was going to take so many big shots before the fight I would have bet on him losing via a big KO. He showed he has learned how to survive in a crisis and that is one thing that I didn't think he would be able to do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Khan got the win, but the hero of the night was Maidana. He was not only fighting Khan, but fighting Cortez as well. He got up off the floor, got himself back together and turned the fight around. If it was a 15 rounder, Khan would have been wasted.

The point deduction was bogus and Khan was allowed to hold on throughout the entire championship rounds. Some of those rounds were so one sided, you could argue that the fight should have been stopped or at the least be given to Maidana 10-8.

Rematch! Khan did what we usually see, quick flurries and then a lot of running about. Maidana came to fight and at the end of the day, his stock has risen. He finished the fight the far fresher of the two. Khan was practically begging for Cortez to help him and for them to hurry the clock.

We've now seen what happens when Khan faces a puncher. He wilts and unfortunately Maidana wasn't composed enough to give himself space. He will do it better next time.
    No they weren't! Only the 10th I believe it was could have been 10-8. Khan actually did more in the 11th and 12th. Maidana was just walking forward not doing anything. Khan did occasionally come out of his shell and throw and land multiple combinations. Even Roy Jones thought Khan could knock Maidana out in those rounds, he kept saying he was just one body shot away from finishing him.

Both were exhausted, but obviously Khan a prior history of weakness and so we were all more focused on him. But there was only one round you could argue might have been 10-8, the other two you could even make a case for Khan winning them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post

You are a moron if that is all you learned tonight from this possible FOTY. Khan fought an amazing fight, and managed to stay away from what would be his undoing... a large left hand from Maidana.
    When you stay away from an opponent and land punches, that is what is known as boxing. Khan did this well, yes, but he also throws many many meaningful punches with vicious intent. I think he blends a strong counter punching style and great footwork. He has phenomenal punch speed, which he used almost all night to get Maidana off of him.

Khan is not pansy, he worked his ass off for his victory and I was not really a big fan of his to start with. My hat goes off to him tonight for his resounding victory, and his testament to the boxing world that his chin may be a little suspect, but his heart and determination are going to be there.
    Seconded!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still don't know how Bilbo scored the 11th or the 12th for Khan, a shoeshine here and there doesn't win a round. But they weren't 10-8 rounds. Round 10 was but that's about it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tomcy03 View Post

Seconded!
    Thirded! Can we get everyone to sign this

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see how long you'd last in a ring with Maidana with a tactic of brawl with him!

You pick any fighter and there would be moments when they were running from Maidana. He's a huge hitter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still don't know how Bilbo scored the 11th or the 12th for Khan, a shoeshine here and there doesn't win a round. But they weren't 10-8 rounds. Round 10 was but that's about it.
    Maidana didn't really do anything in the 11th. He shot his bolt in the 10th. He kept coming forward but the only decent punches landed were by Amir. Watch it again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcy03 View Post

Seconded!
    Thirded! Can we get everyone to sign this
    4th - Khan deserves a lot of credit for surviving and putting on a beating on Maidana. Who else has done that?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike the guy but come on you got to give him credit for that. Maidaina is the best puncher in that division - by no means the best boxer - but because of that I feel he is Khan's most dangerous opponent at that weight. And Khan won a UD - ok he was hanging on at the end but he got there.

After the first two rounds I couldn't see a way back for Maidana and he amazed me (couldn't believe he actually got up from that body shot by looks of pain he was in). Lets be honest none of us ever saw a way of Maidana winning on the scorecards did we ? Thought at same time I never saw nothing but Khan domination as the fight went to the later rounds so I was wrong there

There are still big question marks over Khan , and yes he was one other clean shot away from defeat in the 10th, but he came through it so his chin must have improved somehow ! Any opponent facing him knows the best chance of beating him is KO .

Can't see him granting Maidana a rematch though . I think Khan would be less confident in a rematch given how the fight panned out in later rounds
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo was clearly watching the HBO broadcast and forgot that the commentary is essentially propaganda for the house fighter. 10-8 rounds are subjective, but Maidana was clearly dominating down the stretch. You could see most of Khan's flurries missing a mile off. He was running on fumes and there was little accuracy on them towards the end.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no intention of watching it again Maidana never lands that clean but he landed his usual rights to the back of the head and uppercuts. Khan just tried to stay on his feet and moved and held and threw the occasional flurry. He just tried to survive the 11th. There's a better case for the 12th but there he mainly just tried to steal it with a flurry at the end.

He was also nowhere near stopping Maidana at any point in those two rounds. Roy is technically right that a body shot could have stopped him at any point but for some reason Khan just didn't throw enough body shots after that first round.

In all honesty I'd like to see a rematch. But its a fight Khan SHOULD easily win if he just keeps things tighter.

Thread Information