Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Maidana....one of the dirtiest fighters I've seen awhile

First off, I use to a Maidana fan but after this fight, I've lost a bit respect for Chino.

1st round: Pure bitch move for swinging when Khan wanted to touch gloves.

Throughout the fight, when Ortiz told them to break, Maidana through at least 3-4 punches after being told to break. He did this entire fight.

When Ortiz took away the point from Maidana for throwing the elbow, i thought he was nuts...then I saw the slo-mo instant reply and could not beleive Maidana would do something so stupid!

It was a great fight but Maidana is something else...had the fight been a 15 rounder like back in the day, Khan would have been finished but the kid pulled through.

Can't remember who said this but "Khan has world class abilities with world class flaws" his chin is MUCH better then everyone expected, (myself included) but he needs to shore up his defence a bit more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maidana....one of the dirtiest fighters I've seen awhile

I disagree. I thought the point deduction was absurd. There was not even a warning, just a straight up deduction. It was a poor deduction much like the one made against Hatton against Mayweather. Out of the blue and not even a warning or a chance.

To be fair to Maidana he was being held continually and was needing to punch with one arm as the other was being twisted by Khan. Maidana would even try to punch with the one arm free. He wanted to fight and was anxious to get his punches off. Cortez was indecisive. Sometimes he would break the clinch and other times he would let it continue. This sometimes meant that Maidana was getting off punches when Cortez was close and that's fair enough. If you have a referee who isn't consistent, then you are occasionally going to have a messy situation.

It's interesting how you want to put all the blame on Maidana, but one fighter spent a lot of the fight engaging in constant use of the clinch. Now it was okay for Khan to do that, but not okay for Maidana to engage in the use of the elbow just once?

Sure, Maidana is scrappy, but likewise nobody wants to see constant holding either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sanchez,

i disagree with you that maidana was dirty because he swung at khan when amir wanted to touch gloves. i don't think it's dirty at all, in fact, i like fighters who don't play games and are aggressive like maidana.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight made me like Maidana a little more. It's like he's addicted to hitting. He just needs to hit something. Yeah he pays the price when he loses a point. But I'm sure he knows that and still elects to fight that way.

And Con's gay ass seemed to wanna touch gloves all the damn time. Maidana wasn't having that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I disagree. I thought the point deduction was absurd. There was not even a warning, just a straight up deduction. It was a poor deduction much like the one made against Hatton against Mayweather. Out of the blue and not even a warning or a chance.

To be fair to Maidana he was being held continually and was needing to punch with one arm as the other was being twisted by Khan. Maidana would even try to punch with the one arm free. He wanted to fight and was anxious to get his punches off. Cortez was indecisive. Sometimes he would break the clinch and other times he would let it continue. This sometimes meant that Maidana was getting off punches when Cortez was close and that's fair enough. If you have a referee who isn't consistent, then you are occasionally going to have a messy situation.

It's interesting how you want to put all the blame on Maidana, but one fighter spent a lot of the fight engaging in constant use of the clinch. Now it was okay for Khan to do that, but not okay for Maidana to engage in the use of the elbow just once?

Sure, Maidana is scrappy, but likewise nobody wants to see constant holding either.
    BINGO !

If anything Khan shoulda lost a point for all the nonsense holding. Plus Cortez ROYALLY SCREWED Maidana over with all the damn seperating the fighters and not letting Maidana work.

As far as touching gloves, its a FIGHT. If Maidana doesn't wanna touch gloves he doesn't have to. I did not like his cheap shot attempt in the first round but after that what kind of a dumbass would continue trying to touch gloves with the crazy bastard Only a moron.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

You're exaggerating Miles about the holding part. Khan only held for the last half of the 10th and onwards when he was hurt. Other than that I wouldn't call it "constant" holding from 1-9. And as for clinching, it's been a part of boxing for decades, while elbowing someone is not, in fact it's a foul. By your logic then it was alright for Mike Tyson to just bite Holyfield's ear just once and commit a foul because when Tyson was in close Holyfield would clinch. The only thing I would agree with you is that Maidana should have gotten a warning 1st.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually really liked his dirtiness! Made the fight what it was.

I like pure fighter/ brawler types. Playing the bad guy comes with the territory.

It's all part of the rough house tactics he employs.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan should of done something absurd when someone pisses you off...like punch em in the mouth more. Khan needed this,solid tooth and nail rough scrap. Take some of the shine off and get that 12 round acid test under him. It'll help facing a sac twister like Maidana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously, he let his emotion took over. He fought a very angry fight.

Wtf was he thinking? He wasn't very smast last night. He should've taken his time and clock Khan at the perfect moment... just like what he did against Ortiz.

Never touch glove with that fool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest, khan was doing alot of holding as well. and why is maidana getting slammed for not touching gloves with khan? this is boxing and it's a brutal sport. no need to play patty cakes!

Thread Information