Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Degale understated

yep smith isnt a world beater

and he has had some bad results, fights he has looked bad in where he should have looked good and his other loss before degale didnt look great, although i did see the fight and remember thinking he shouild have got away with it

but he is decent, he seems to have a little bit of everything, without having anything much of anything (if you get me)

id say he is an average british champion, there have been worse, there have been a lot better

still, to beat him up like that after just 8 or 9 fights in his home town on such a big bill was very impressive

degale took one or two punches, but appart from that he looked very good, cool calm fast accurate and powerful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people have given degale he's due,He took smith apart and even thou the guy can act and sound retareded,he does put on a show and i like that.

Still,why do i feel that groves will shade it against degale??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I think he was great but he was in against an over rated champion who is limited, he got beat of Bendall and won close decisions against Quiqley ( Cleverly beat him in his 7th fight I think, quite easily ) and way past it Dodson, Smith has always been a bit over rated.

I think Groves is a good fight to make but a fight with Brian Mcgee will be a much bigger/better test than Smith.

But hats off to Degale went to the fellas backyard and did a number on him.
    Magee ay?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Islington haye maker View Post
    I think people have given degale he's due,He took smith apart and even thou the guy can act and sound retareded,he does put on a show and i like that.

Still,why do i feel that groves will shade it against degale??

i used to think it would be close, after both of their last 2 performances I'd say groves wasnt quite ready

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and yes magee is the next step for degale

i reckon there might be a couple more british title fights first, what do you think?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    and yes magee is the next step for degale

i reckon there might be a couple more british title fights first, what do you think?
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-degale-2.html

I threw that name out a month ago. It's probably just as big a step up as Smith was from his last fight.
    Unfortunately, unless he wants a step up (domestically) I don't think there is anyone else

Howard Eastman maybe?
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 12-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Booth wanting to put Groves in now after both there last performances, I would bevery surprised if Warren put him in with Magee who is on the verge of a world title shot, I think a couple of tests similar to Smith will be next before looking to Euro level, he might even get a shot at the vacant euro title if Magee gets the world title shot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Booth wanting to put Groves in now after both there last performances, I would bevery surprised if Warren put him in with Magee who is on the verge of a world title shot, I think a couple of tests similar to Smith will be next before looking to Euro level, he might even get a shot at the vacant euro title if Magee gets the world title shot.

I'd fancy DeGale to beat Magee, even at this early stage, but you are right it would be an unneccesary risk.

Not sure if these guys are a bit big, as DeGale shouldn't be climbing weight classes but I'd like to see him in with either Tony Oakey or Danny McKintosh. Oakey would surely make him work hard for the win, and McKintosh would have the proverbial punchers chance.

Both would likely be fun fights.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eric,

I think the last three pages have proved that there are plenty of people who thought Degale fought well and performed on the night to dominate against Smith. There were doubts about how talented Smith was, edging Quigley (depending on opinion) and labouring against Dodson, he was going to be made for Degale to look good against, which he did.

Doesn't stop him coming across as a bit of an arsehole, and there's nothing like arrogance to make people root against a fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I'd fancy DeGale to beat Magee, even at this early stage, but you are right it would be an unneccesary risk.

Not sure if these guys are a bit big, as DeGale shouldn't be climbing weight classes but I'd like to see him in with either Tony Oakey or Danny McKintosh. Oakey would surely make him work hard for the win, and McKintosh would have the proverbial punchers chance.

I agree if the fight was made now I fancy De Gale Magee is a solid fighter though and has been in with some of the best, I think youre right aswell the 168 divison other than Groves and Magee looks a bit bare now at domestic level hard one for Warren to juggle what do you do? Push him along again or just give him a little more experience at British Title level.

I think he would do fine against the names you stated and Tony Bellew has said in the past him and De Gale have had some wars in sparring, so the 175 guys would not be a problem. If he cant get Groves would anyone like to see him with Kenny Anderson?? I honestly think a full cmp behind him he could of beat Groves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His performance Saturday was excellent, he did even better than I expected and showed he can handle pressure with ease.

I like Degale as a fighter, he looks like he could well be the real deal and when they do fight i totally expect him to whip George Groves. As a person though he seems a total tit and I will be cheering Groves on to win, I just don't think my cheering will work.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I agree if the fight was made now I fancy De Gale Magee is a solid fighter though and has been in with some of the best, I think youre right aswell the 168 divison other than Groves and Magee looks a bit bare now at domestic level hard one for Warren to juggle what do you do? Push him along again or just give him a little more experience at British Title level.

I think he would do fine against the names you stated and Tony Bellew has said in the past him and De Gale have had some wars in sparring, so the 175 guys would not be a problem. If he cant get Groves would anyone like to see him with Kenny Anderson?? I honestly think a full cmp behind him he could of beat Groves.
    I don't think I'm familiar with Kenny Anderson, I never saw the Groves Anderson fight so don't know how good, or bad either looked.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Degale understated

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Good for you, my man.

There's no thread dude, just you get to be a super cool guy like Fenster, Jaz (not really that cool) and Kirkland (Lyle ran him off the site so don't expect to see him post) and the other member of SDS that i can't remember.

Welcome.
    I don't like the idea of letting just anyone into the club Fenster, it reduces the the coolness. Eric has to prove he's a true SDS member. I think he should have to attempt to kill Lyle to prove his loyalty, if only to Kirkland (we'll see you on the other side KL).

Btw I'm much cooler than you, I'm Saddo's Ernie Hudson

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Good for you, my man.

There's no thread dude, just you get to be a super cool guy like Fenster, Jaz (not really that cool) and Kirkland (Lyle ran him off the site so don't expect to see him post) and the other member of SDS that i can't remember.

Welcome.
    I don't like the idea of letting just anyone into the club Fenster, it reduces the the coolness. Eric has to prove he's a true SDS member. I think he should have to attempt to kill Lyle to prove his loyalty, if only to Kirkland (we'll see you on the other side KL).

Btw I'm much cooler than you, I'm Saddo's Ernie Hudson
    i havent attempted any physical harm to lyle but i did stop reading his posts

i told him i wasnt going to read them anymore and then i didnt

does that count?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Doesn't stop him coming across as a bit of an arsehole, and there's nothing like arrogance to make people root against a fighter.
    i agree man hes a tit

Thread Information