Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana And Abner Mares vs Vic Darchinyan My Scorecards.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana And Abner Mares vs Vic Darchinyan My Scorecards.

Abner Mares is one of my favorite upcoming fighters, now he's gone up even more in my book. Alot of heart shown from Abner Mares. Despite all that went again him with the Knockdown, Cut, Point Deduction.

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    4 Even round because of the point deduction 9-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

Fight was alot closer than i remember, had Macos Maidana not of had a point deducted. It would of been a draw IMO. No way Amir Khan won any of the championship rounds, i don't know what some of you guys are watching.

Amir Khan basically was on the backfoot the whole round, and except for a few flurries. Marcos Maidana was the aggressor and outlanded Amir Khan, and controlled the round more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana And Abner Mares vs Vic Darchinyan My Scorecards.

Well said, Ice. I had the same score for the Khan fight, though I think one of our rounds must be reversed. I didn't score the Darchinyan fight, but after a decent start he did lose it down the stretch. Good showing from Mares.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana And Abner Mares vs Vic Darchinyan My Scorecards.

I didn't actually score the Khan-Maidana fight, but i also had Maidana winning 10-12

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Abner Mares is one of my favorite upcoming fighters, now he's gone up even more in my book. Alot of heart shown from Abner Mares. Despite all that went again him with the Knockdown, Cut, Point Deduction.

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

Fight was alot closer than i remember, had Macos Maidana not of had a point deducted. It would of been a draw IMO. No way Amir Khan won any of the championship rounds, i don't know what some of you guys are watching.

Amir Khan basically was on the backfoot the whole round, and except for a few flurries. Marcos Maidana was the aggressor and outlanded Amir Khan, and controlled the round more.
    I think you need some glasses mate. No way Maidana won round 11. Landed practically nothing. Khan landed one spectacular uppercut and around 3 or 4 flurries.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

I rewatched the Khan fight today as well and scored it round by round. I actually agreed exactly with Harold Leaderman, which was identical to yourscore card except I gave him the 11th.

I thought Khan boxed really smart in that round. Kept away for a minute and a half to clear his head and then came back to land the only meaningful punches of the round. Actually rewatching the fight again I really think Khan had his wits about all the time. Even in the 10th he winked at the referee to let him know he was ok and smiled at Maidana a couple times when he had him against the ropes. The kid has heart.

Maidana definitely won the 12th but I don't think Khan was ever in trouble in that round. He basically just kept away and kept safe like he did in the final round against Kotelnik.

The 11th round seems the only hard to score round in the fight imo, everyone it seems agrees on the rest of the fight. I though Maidana looked tireder than Khan in that round, and coming forward but not doing anything doesn't win a round for me.

I wouldn't argue anyone who saw it differently, depends what you like I guess but it a close round. I preferred Khan's more accurate work.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

I think you need some glasses mate. No way Maidana won round 11. Landed practically nothing. Khan landed one spectacular uppercut and around 3 or 4 flurries.
    ICB, I had the exact same scorecard if I recall correctly. Good post.

Ono, see the below links.

Amir Khan vs. Marcos Maidana - CompuBox Stats

CompuBox at Ringside: Khan-Maidana, Ortiz-Peterson - Boxing News

A Note on Khan vs. Maidana: Overly Involved Joe Cortez - Boxing News

Maidana landed about twice as many punches as Khan per round in rounds 10-12. Khan's output dropped by half from rounds 1-9 and rounds 10-12. Maidana controlled the pace of those rounds. Khan retreated. It's tough to win a round if you are retreating the whole time. I'll rewatch it though just to make sure.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 12-13-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

Maidana landed about twice as many punches as Khan per round in rounds 10-12. Khan's output dropped by half from rounds 1-9 and rounds 10-12. Maidana controlled the pace of those rounds. Khan retreated. It's tough to win a round if you are retreating the whole time.
    It's not all about punchstats though. Khan threw nothing for the first minute and a half, but when he did he caught with crisp, flush shots. Maidana did nothing apart from walk forward, Khan blocked everything. I'm not saying your wrong to give it to Maidana, but it wasn't a bad round for Khan. To me he showed real maturity in that round and got his head back together and then came back firing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

Maidana landed about twice as many punches as Khan per round in rounds 10-12. Khan's output dropped by half from rounds 1-9 and rounds 10-12. Maidana controlled the pace of those rounds. Khan retreated. It's tough to win a round if you are retreating the whole time.
    It's not all about punchstats though. Khan threw nothing for the first minute and a half, but when he did he caught with crisp, flush shots. Maidana did nothing apart from walk forward, Khan blocked everything. I'm not saying your wrong to give it to Maidana, but it wasn't a bad round for Khan. To me he showed real maturity in that round and got his head back together and then came back firing.
    He might have done. But Khan still landed the much cleaner shots.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

ICB Guest

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

Well i could say the same mate, i think Marcos Maidana for certain won the championship rounds no question. Just my opinion and the punchstats mean nothing.

Infact this fight scoring wise reminded me of ODLH vs Felix Trinidad. ODLH with a 6 rounds to 3 lead going into the last 3 rounds. With Felix Trinidad sweeping the last 3 rounds making it a draw in most people's eyes.

And going by the punchstats in that fight. You'd think ODLH won by a landslide. But the rounds Marcos Maidana won he may of not landed loads of punches, except in the 10th round.

But he was rocking and reeling Amir Khan in the rounds he won, and the rounds he did win were quite clear rounds. Just like Amir Khan's rounds he won, and Bilbo seems to be right with the 11th round being the most debatable.

But no doubt in my mind that Marcos Maidana won the last 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that it is not all about punch stats although they definitely play a role in scoring. Although Maidana outlanded Khan by 2x in that round, another reason why I gave that round to Maidana was that he controlled the pace of the round.

It's not only that Khan didn't do anything for most of the round as you said or that, to me, it's more that he spent the round retreating. A round full of retreating with only one, maybe two, strong flurries doesn't win a round for me especially when the other guy is outlanding by two times the amount and controlling the pace.

Listen, I'll be the first to say that he deserves props for withstanding Maidana's final onslaught. He showed a ton of heart in that 11th round too. He could have given up. It was a necessary round for Khan, even a smart round for Khan. We can agree to disagree.

What did the official judges think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 Mares 10-9
    2 Darchinyan 10-8
    3 Darchinyan 10-9
    5 Mares 10-9
    6 Darchinyan 10-9
    7 Mares 10-8
    8 Darchinyan 10-9
    9 Mares 10-9
    10 Mares 10-9
    11 Mares 10-9
    12 Mares 10-9

114-111 Abner Mares

1 Khan 10-8
    2 Khan 10-9
    3 Maidana 10-9
    4 Khan 10-9
    5 Khan 10-8
    6 Maidana 10-9
    7 Maidana 10-9
    8 Khan 10-9
    9 Khan 10-9
    10 Maidana 10-8
    11 Maidana 10-9
    12 Maidana 10-9

113-112 Amir Khan

I haven't seen the Khan fight, but you were spot on with Mares V Vic. I had it exactly the same way, people down here are whinging about the Vic decision, what they don't realise is Abner Mares took the fight to Vic and out worked him throughout the fight especially the latter rounds. Mares is one tough kid, he took some fearful punches and still managed to come on strong in the final rounds. Vic did not have a bad night, he was simply beaten by a fighter more determined to work harder, i can't wait to see how he goes against Agbeko and i would like to see him fight Vic again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that it is not all about punch stats although they definitely play a role in scoring. Although Maidana outlanded Khan by 2x in that round, another reason why I gave that round to Maidana was that he controlled the pace of the round.

It's not only that Khan didn't do anything for most of the round as you said or that, to me, it's more that he spent the round retreating. A round full of retreating with only one, maybe two, strong flurries doesn't win a round for me especially when the other guy is outlanding by two times the amount and controlling the pace.

Listen, I'll be the first to say that he deserves props for withstanding Maidana's final onslaught. He showed a ton of heart in that 11th round too. He could have given up. It was a necessary round for Khan, even a smart round for Khan. We can agree to disagree.

What did the official judges think?
    Bizarrely I believe the three judges gave Maidana the 11th but Jerry Roth gave Khan the 12th. I don't see that, I though Maidana won the last round. To me though Maidana just walked forward and did nothing in the 11th.

But it's what you like at the end of the day. I think it was the only difficult round to score in the whole fight, and regardless of who you give it to Khan still emerges the winner so not a big deal in the scale of things.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just watched round 11 again and I've changed my mind and gave it to Maidana.

Khan had a 30 second spell where he landed some good clean combos, Maidana had the other 2.30 minutes of scruffy, but dominant pressure. Has to win it really.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I've just watched round 11 again and I've changed my mind and gave it to Maidana.

Khan had a 30 second spell where he landed some good clean combos, Maidana had the other 2.30 minutes of scruffy, but dominant pressure. Has to win it really.
    I interperated it as 2.30 minutes of Khan 'luring him in'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is the full fight for anyone who hasnt seen it..

Now Khans chin wtf has he had a transplant? Not just talking about the 10th round look on that video at 9.59 gets caught with a huge right hand he didnt see in the first round and he didnt even flinch, very impressed with Khan and I think he wanted to make a point he can fight with the best of them great guts from him.

Thread Information