Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Does Pacquiao deserve all the hate

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Pacquiao deserve all the hate???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does Pacquiao deserve all the hate???

Simple question.
    Is it all justified?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Pacquiao deserve all the hate???

Didn't have time to wrap em
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not too sure what those Kleenex are for; but my intentions are not to create a Pacquiao bash thread, not at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to kick back and watch this bait thread erupt between Milmascaras, Hornfinger, Miles, and Tysonbruno to battle it out against Bilbo, PSL, and a few other Pacquiao fans.

As Buffer, would say, "Let's get readyyyyyyyyyyyy to Rummmmmmmmmmmmble!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore_crash View Post
    Simple question.
    Is it all justified?
    To keep it short and simple after taking everything into account, I would say no. Maybe his team sometimes deserves a little. But Pacman, no I don't think so. The guy is nothing short of a phenomanon. How many fighters do we see that can do the things he can do. I think this fellow should be appreciated while he's around. Because it could be along time before we see a fighter as dynamic and simply breathtaking as this guy
    Last edited by paddy448; 12-24-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any fighter that uses performing enhancing drugs deserves the hate. It's that simple. And before anyone responds with the lame "he's never tested dirty" excuse need not bother. He hasn't tested dirty cuz he refused the sophisticated testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    I'm going to kick back and watch this bait thread erupt between Milmascaras, Hornfinger, Miles, and Tysonbruno to battle it out against Bilbo, PSL, and a few other Pacquiao fans.

As Buffer, would say, "Let's get readyyyyyyyyyyyy to Rummmmmmmmmmmmble!"

This thread has a threat of becoming quite political so we can count Miles out... Unless Bilbo has managed to corrupt him in the 24 hours since I was last hear... But I think he'll still be on the wagon for a week or two yet.

As the for the thread title, it's entirely subjective whether you think he deserves the hate or not....

Everything he's done since 135 is just AMAZING if you take into account the boxing norm... He's fought the fighters who were THE most recognized over the past 4 years (aside from Floyd)... And beat them all well....
    The funny thing is, the people who he beat are responsible for the downfall of the others he beat... He didn't get that much credit for beating Cotto because Margarito beat him.... He didn't get the credit for Margarito because Mosley beat him.. He won't the credit for Mosley because Mayweather beat him...

The fact is he did great things against people who would still beat the rest of their division... But at the same time, argument can be made that there are more dangerous, younger, hungrier fights he could have fought.. But no one knows whether he would have destroyed them all the same, or even more....

You just really have the facts there, and if that doesn't win certain people over, then they are entitled to say they are not very impressed with what he's done...

If he fought everyone except Cotto, people would be saying he should fight Cotto otherwise he's avoiding them. or Ricky, or Margarito... The fact is he went through them all..
    If someone wants to play those guys down as "done", then I really don't personally think that's fair considering they are still top of their divisions...

But the only way he'll get credit is beating Mayweather or fighting Martinez or something at 154.... Same as Mayweather really, he didn't step up to a new challenge/weight so he still has his bashers now.....

It's all subjective, but we'd be having the same discussion if he'd stopped at 135 and just cleared that out.. The fact he's fought a huge guy at 150 pounds instead of staying at 135 is enough to win me over and most people who are really fans of boxing in general....

But others, they want you to be incredibly outstanding every time out there, or you don't deserve shit for credit...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No !

In some people eye's though he will never get credit till he either fights Floyd, or submits to Floyds requests and completes the drug testing he wants him to do.

Regardless who he has fought in the last 4yrs it will mean jack because of the drug claims some will label him with.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not hated. He's currently the most popular fighter in the sport and well on his way to becoming one of the biggest sporting icons since Ali.

The only critics he has are a few cretinous keyboard warriors on the internet who barely count as human beings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said Bilbo. As boxing fans surely we should appreciate the talents of Manny. I'm not a fan boy or a hater but a fan of boxing and Manny's a credit both in and out the ring.

I've never understood why people suddenly believe what the Mayweather clan have to say. They made up a story about Manny using PED's and then suddenly like sheep some people start believing it. What happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Where's the evidence that Manny's been using PED's? If someone can provide me with evidence then I'll be at the front of the queue in calling for Manny to be banned from the sport. It's going to take more than a few idiots "claiming" Manny must be on PED's before I actually believe it....how about starting with some evidence first eh....

I could accuse anyone on these boards of being a rapist or a murderer and your guilty until you can prove to me that you have never done one of the other. It sounds ridiculous but that's basically what the Mayweather's have done!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    He's not hated. He's currently the most popular fighter in the sport and well on his way to becoming one of the biggest sporting icons since Ali.

The only critics he has are a few cretinous keyboard warriors on the internet who barely count as human beings.
    exactly, being that popular tho you cant please all the people all the time

with all the love comes some hate

besides psl loves him enough to wipe out all the hate

p.s. this is the last pacquiao thread i comment on

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Egg nog and Jim beam

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe I have had my head in the sand but I didn't know Pac was hated (obviously there will be a few haters there always is - even people like Santa Claus, there will be one or two who even think he is a cunt)

so I am mystified by this thread
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No.

The man has got a lot of people talking about boxing,always in exciting fights,wants to fight the best.

Why would anybody hate him
    Balls

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Thread Information