Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales close for April 16th 2011, MGM Grand

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales close for April 16th 2011, MGM Grand

I doubt Morales will make 135.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales close for April 16th 2011, MGM Grand

This is sad and wrong on so many levels. This should not be allowed unless it is at welterweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad fight, i think Marquez stops him in 8-9 rounds. This fight was made strictly on the money it can produce. It would do extremely well in Mexico if thats were they decide to have it. As far as him moving up to prove to Pacquiao that he deserves the fight, i think he realises he's not going to get that fight no matter what. And if he did it would be 2 years down the line, when he is much older. I have no problem with this fight as long as he goes on to fight Soto, or Guerrero at 135 after that. Or jumps up to 140 and fighs some of the guys up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales is completely shot and will take a beating. Mid round TKO for Marquez.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is such a chicken shit for making this fight at 135lbs. At least he could have gone to 140. Morales could have given him some problems at 140lbs staying on the outside but at 135 he won't have any stamina. This fight will be over before the 6th round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Id be surprised if Morales could make 135. He got owned by Diaz at that weight years ago and has only got worse since. Marquez isnt going to prove anything in this fight but wants to cash in and get another faded name on his record.

A decade ago it would have been a good fight. Morales would give as good as he got and had the edge over Marquez IMO. Juan would try to slow it down but Erik could raise the tempo and win exchanges. Now though he would be too slow and weight drained. Marquez will do exactly what he wants when he wants and finish it in the middle rounds.
    I don't think this is a good fight now but I also don't think that Diaz owned Morales either!

Prime for prime I'd go with Erik but now he is a lot more shopworn of the 2 and will get beaten easily IMO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Marquez is such a chicken shit for making this fight at 135lbs. At least he could have gone to 140. Morales could have given him some problems at 140lbs staying on the outside but at 135 he won't have any stamina. This fight will be over before the 6th round.
    ummm Morales himself said he wants a title at 135 and has mentioned he wanted Marquez

Marquez and chicken don't belong in the same sentence, you don't have a track record like his being a chicken shit, Morales is done and Marquez would school him at any weight at this point, if it was Morales in his prime than obviously he'd be my pick but it's far from that, and from what i've read he barely won his last fight at 140, Marquez is going to seriously hurt Morales, and the fact that this fight is even being made is a joke, but at least it's not as bad as Khan looking to fight the same Morales

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM should win this fight, it would be a huge upset if Eric gets a W over JMM at this point of his career.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Id be surprised if Morales could make 135. He got owned by Diaz at that weight years ago and has only got worse since. Marquez isnt going to prove anything in this fight but wants to cash in and get another faded name on his record.

A decade ago it would have been a good fight. Morales would give as good as he got and had the edge over Marquez IMO. Juan would try to slow it down but Erik could raise the tempo and win exchanges. Now though he would be too slow and weight drained. Marquez will do exactly what he wants when he wants and finish it in the middle rounds.
    I don't think this is a good fight now but I also don't think that Diaz owned Morales either!

Prime for prime I'd go with Erik but now he is a lot more shopworn of the 2 and will get beaten easily IMO.
    Prime for prime I go for Erik too. The ownage statement was to say that if he couldnt beat Diaz back then then why would he be able to beat Marquez now. Whether he deserved to win or not he lost to a guy he would have smashed in his prime but I wish him well vs JMM and it would serve Marquez right if he lost for trying to pick on washed up leftovers. Same for Pac if he lost to Mosley. Never write greats off cuz they might just be able to pull off 1 last great win ( even though thats exactly what Im doing in writing off Mosley and Morales in their next fights )

Its true that all fighters have 1 last great win in them but Magarito was Shanes and Pac was Morales'. With Mexican pride on the line Morales will not go down easy though. Marquez will be in for the fight of his life even if Morales cant pull the trigger anymore he will certainly give it his all and leave it all in the ring. I dont expect him to sit it out winking in this one after 3 rounds. He will take Marquez to the trenches before he is done I and with a bit of luck fortune goes his way with a cut or something that puts Juan off his game and makes it a more competative fight. Hope we get to see it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna pick Morales, just because nobody thinks he can win and I'll look like a genius if he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I'm gonna pick Morales, just because nobody thinks he can win and I'll look like a genius if he does.
    What if he loses?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody will remember I said that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is much, much worse than Pac - Mosley. Waaaay more of a mismatch. JMM is a bit past his best IMO, but Morales hasn't been a top-tier fighter for about five years.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales is catching alot of flak, he hasn't lost on this comeback. Sometimes a year or two off is good for fighters, lets them rejuvinate, heal up. I just hope he trains to his fullest then I expect a good fight, but I know Marquez is gonna be pressing from the get go. Can Morales counter and move enough, I dunno...If Morales works his jab Marquez may have more problems than people wanna think. Ala Mayweather.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Morales is catching alot of flak, he hasn't lost on this comeback. Sometimes a year or two off is good for fighters, lets them rejuvinate, heal up. I just hope he trains to his fullest then I expect a good fight, but I know Marquez is gonna be pressing from the get go. Can Morales counter and move enough, I dunno...If Morales works his jab Marquez may have more problems than people wanna think. Ala Mayweather.
    Morales does not have the resistance to take on the best fighters in the world today, he has only fought C level fighters so far in his comeback.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information