Saturday, Jan. 8
    NFC: New Orleans at Seattle (NBC), 4:30 p.m. ET
    AFC: N.Y Jets at Indianapolis (NBC), 8 p.m. ET
    Sunday, Jan. 9
    AFC: Baltimore at Kansas City (CBS), 1 p.m. ET
    NFC: Green Bay at Philadelphia (FOX), 4:30 p.m. ET
    Divisional playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 15
    AFC: Indianapolis or Kansas City or Baltimore at Pittsburgh (CBS), 4:30 p.m. ET
    NFC: Seattle or New Orleans or Green Bay at Atlanta (FOX), 8 p.m. ET
    Sunday, Jan. 16
    NFC: Philadelphia or Seattle or New Orleans at Chicago (FOX), 1 p.m. ET
    AFC: Kansas City or Baltimore or N.Y. Jets at New England (CBS), 4:30 p.m. ET

Who've you guys got? I'm hoping for an Eagles-Patriots Superbowl with the Eagles avenging the loss from Superbowl XXIX. Tough game against Green Bay in the wild card though, they're a quality team throwing the ball. New Orleans should walk all over Seattle, and I like Indy over the Jets and Baltimore over KC.

Despite my interest in the sport I'll admit that my knowledge is fairly limited, so if my picks are bullshit feel free to tell me

Rankings
    BoxingGorilla 5-3
    Killersheep 5-3
    Cressa121 4-4
    VanChilds 3-5
    Last edited by Cressa121; 01-17-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Put the rankings in the main post...thanks again Killersheep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL playoffs

Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets
    Ravens vs. Cheifs = Ravens
    Saints vs. Seattle = Saints
    Packers vs. Eagles = Packers

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Ravens vs. Steelers = Steelers
    Falcons vs. Packers = Falcons
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats
    Falcons vs. Bears = Falcons

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

I understand taking the eagles early as Vick has a ton of momentum, but I think that the Jets D has played pretty efficiently and will figure out how to close in and stop Vick which pretty much eliminates their entire offense. Of course Sanchez may very well attempt to get the record for pick 6s in a playoff game so it will be close.

I didn't know you followed the NFL would you be interested in our Fantasy league next season?
    Last edited by killersheep; 01-05-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Wrote down Seattle beating Saints in Wild Card, As if..............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets
    Saints vs. Seattle = Seattle

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

I understand taking the eagles early as Vick has a ton of momentum, but I think that the Jets D has played pretty efficiently and will figure out how to close in and stop Vick which pretty much eliminates their entire offense. Of course Sanchez may very well attempt to get the record for pick 6s in a playoff game so it will be close.

I didn't know you followed the NFL would you be interested in our Fantasy league next season?
    Jets and Eagles are from different conferences and don't play each other unless they both make it to the SB.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

Jets and Eagles are from different conferences and don't play each other unless they both make it to the SB.
    Fuck me, I got my wires crossed. Take back what I said, Packers are going to roll over the Eagles.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

Yeah I've followed it for a few years now. You a Seahawks fan by any chance?

I'm up for fantasy football but I suck at it. I did the CBS fantasy football this year and went 6-8 after a 4 game streak at the end of the season. It saved me from finishing dead last. I guess I probably shouldn't have turned down a trade for Vick in week 2.

Home field advantage could see the Falcons through, I think Matt Ryan's something like 19-2 at the Georgia Dome, so it won't surprise me to see them in Dallas. I'll keep hope that the Eagles get there, but it'll be hard enough to get by the Packers, never mind the Bears in the divisionals. Hopefully Vick's healthy, I'm not a fan of Kolb and the Packers shouldn't have too hard a time winning if he starts.

I love the whole playoff system in the NFL, its just a straight up knockout tournament so the upsets can happen, like when the Cardinals got to the Superbowl a few years ago, or when the Giants stopped the Pats' perfect season - the underdogs cam always win. That's what makes it great for me, in some of the other sports that have best of 7 series the better team usually gets through, but in the NFL upsets can happen reuglarly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

I'm up for fantasy football but I suck at it. I did the CBS fantasy football this year and went 6-8 after a 4 game streak at the end of the season. It saved me from finishing dead last. I guess I probably shouldn't have turned down a trade for Vick in week 2.

Home field advantage could see the Falcons through, I think Matt Ryan's something like 19-2 at the Georgia Dome, so it won't surprise me to see them in Dallas. I'll keep hope that the Eagles get there, but it'll be hard enough to get by the Packers, never mind the Bears in the divisionals. Hopefully Vick's healthy, I'm not a fan of Kolb and the Packers shouldn't have too hard a time winning if he starts.

I love the whole playoff system in the NFL, its just a straight up knockout tournament so the upsets can happen, like when the Cardinals got to the Superbowl a few years ago, or when the Giants stopped the Pats' perfect season - the underdogs cam always win. That's what makes it great for me, in some of the other sports that have best of 7 series the better team usually gets through, but in the NFL upsets can happen reuglarly.
    Yeah I'm not a Seahawks fan, but I would love to see them pull off a few wins. getting into the playoffs at 7-9, that could be quite a story.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you guys have an ESPN account there is a playoff mini game there. It runs kinda like fantasy football.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

I love the whole playoff system in the NFL, its just a straight up knockout tournament so the upsets can happen, like when the Cardinals got to the Superbowl a few years ago, or when the Giants stopped the Pats' perfect season - the underdogs cam always win. That's what makes it great for me, in some of the other sports that have best of 7 series the better team usually gets through, but in the NFL upsets can happen regularly.
    Yeah I'm not a Seahawks fan, but I would love to see them pull off a few wins. getting into the playoffs at 7-9, that could be quite a story.

I don't understand the fuss over a 7-9 team getting into the playoffs, they won their division that should be enough. But yeah it would be great for them to get at least one win, I'll be pulling for them against the Saints. Can't see it but it'd be good if they pulled it off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wild-card weekend

New Orleans at Seattle
    N.Y Jets atIndianapolis

Baltimore at Kansas City
    Green Bay at Philadelphia

Winners in bold with green font.

I am confident in the New Orleans pick only.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand the fuss over a 7-9 team getting into the playoffs, they won their division that should be enough. But yeah it would be great for them to get at least one win, I'll be pulling for them against the Saints. Can't see it but it'd be good if they pulled it off.
    I agree. There has been talk about taking home field advantage away from a team that wins the divison but has a record less than .500

That's the first step in getting rid of divisions. It's bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Wild-card weekend

New Orleans at Seattle
    N.Y Jets at Indianapolis

Baltimore at Kansas City
    Green Bay at Philadelphia

Winners in bold with green font.

I am confident in the New Orleans pick only.
    I did not realize we were picking straight through to the Super Bowl.

So...

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
    Indy @ New England

Indy @ Pittsburgh

Saints @ Chicago
    Green Bay @ Atlanta

Saints @ Atlanta

Indy Vs. Atlanta
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 01-10-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO vs SEA - NO
    IND vs NYJ - INDY
    BAL vs KC - BAL
    GB vs PHI - GB

BAL VS PIT - PIT
    INDY vs NE - NE

NO vs CHI - NO
    GB vs ATL - ATL

NE over PIT and ATL over NO

NE over ATL in the SB

As far as Seattle's record goes I got no issue with them in or a home game. Winning your division has to count for something even if it sucks. What I dont' understand is how Oakland is undefeated in their division with a equal conference record as KC and not in the playoffs.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Big Ben and Polamalu are back in shape, I really believe my Steelers could make it, defense most often win the big games and the Steel Curtain is back in force. The Steelers offense is very solid with Big Ben/Mendenhall Mike Wallace and Ward as WR, the O-Line just has to keep a bit of consistency, which they failed to do at some point during the season.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my picks

Wild Cards
    Jets vs. Colts = Jets

Div Playoffs
    Jets vs. Pats = Pats
    Bears vs. Saints = Bears

Conference Championship
    Steelers vs. Pats = Pats

Super Bowl
    Pats vs. Falcons = Pats

I love the whole playoff system in the NFL, its just a straight up knockout tournament so the upsets can happen, like when the Cardinals got to the Superbowl a few years ago, or when the Giants stopped the Pats' perfect season - the underdogs cam always win. That's what makes it great for me, in some of the other sports that have best of 7 series the better team usually gets through, but in the NFL upsets can happen regularly.

Yeah no problem with with a team with a 7-9 record getting in, if they win the super bowl they will make a movie about it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweet it lets me start a group, let me know if you are interested in doing the playoff game on ESPN anyone I'll email you an invite and the password.

Thread Information