Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto vs Randall Bailey

Clottey would be a good opponent for Berto. Clottey called him out before. I think after the Judah fight. And Berto can always try to beat Clottey worse then Pacman did.

My pick at this moment would be a very big 140lber in Ortiz. Ortiz came into the fight against Peterson weighting about 155-160. Although, I'm not sold on Ortiz, he has a star potential name and a good fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre can only fight who is in front of him.. I heard people suggesting he fight 154 opponents. As a welterweight trinket holder I don't think it should be held against him if he dosent.

There is really no one out there at the moment.. Shane at this point in his career is just a guy living off his name and is an illusional threat to PAC. Just like if Berto beat him he would get 0 credit because he is old.

Clottey dosent deserve to be cleaning lady at Cowboys stadium let alone a 3rd straight title shot.. I was high on Clottey but he is the 147 version of Rocky Juarez.

I would agree with Colazzo but I believe he is on the back of a l
    Milk carton. Even if he signed against Berto do you even think it would be competitive given the lack of activity and competition for
    Colazzo?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Yup, 36 year old Randall Bailey.

No mention of it on here.

Looks like it's happening.

And he wonders why he has no fans and no one big name wants to fight him...
    Where is your source for this ?

I read on The Ring online yesterday that Berto's next opponent is either the winner of Mike Jones vs. Jesus Soto Kariss OR a rematch with Collazo.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Selcuk Aydin Berto's mandatory? Anybody?
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Is Selcuk Aydin Berto's mandatory? Anybody?
    He is yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto would beat the crap out of bailey and do aydin even worse. Berto is no big world beater type of threat but he's good at what he does. He's lightning quick, pretty strong and had got the hug and maul game down pretty good.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Andre can only fight who is in front of him.. I heard people suggesting he fight 154 opponents. As a welterweight trinket holder I don't think it should be held against him if he dosent.

There is really no one out there at the moment.. Shane at this point in his career is just a guy living off his name and is an illusional threat to PAC. Just like if Berto beat him he would get 0 credit because he is old.

Clottey dosent deserve to be cleaning lady at Cowboys stadium let alone a 3rd straight title shot.. I was high on Clottey but he is the 147 version of Rocky Juarez.

Milk carton. Even if he signed against Berto do you even think it would be competitive given the lack of activity and competition for
    Colazzo?
    Cintron and Clottey are better challenges than a 36 year old Bailey moving up in weight. Your Clottey point is the wrong angle. As fans we don't deserve to see another gimme Berto fight. Clottey would be a good yardstick to see where Berto stands because Clottey has been in with Pacquiao/Cotto/Margarito. Other than in his Pacquiao fight, he gave them all hell. And frankly, set aside the Pacquiao fight, and he isn't all that boring. His Cotto fight was entertaining as was his Margarito fight at least to an extent. It's better than Randal IMO. Cintron is the best option out there. If he was willing to go to 154 for a Cotto fight, why not Cintron?

On the other hand, I hear your point. if he's a welterweight, then it makes sense for him to remain there. Still, unifying the titles at 147 makes more sense than fighting Bailey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Colazzo?
    Cintron and Clottey are better challenges than a 36 year old Bailey moving up in weight. Your Clottey point is the wrong angle. As fans we don't deserve to see another gimme Berto fight. Clottey would be a good yardstick to see where Berto stands because Clottey has been in with Pacquiao/Cotto/Margarito. Other than in his Pacquiao fight, he gave them all hell. And frankly, set aside the Pacquiao fight, and he isn't all that boring. His Cotto fight was entertaining as was his Margarito fight at least to an extent. It's better than Randal IMO. Cintron is the best option out there. If he was willing to go to 154 for a Cotto fight, why not Cintron?

On the other hand, I hear your point. if he's a welterweight, then it makes sense for him to remain there. Still, unifying the titles at 147 makes more sense than fighting Bailey.
    I disagree, the guy would have had 3 straight world title fights and the last quarter of the fight with Cotto and the entire bout with Pacquiao he did nothing.. He essentialy quits for those 2 fights.. So what, give him a 3rd straight title fight so Bero can fire 5-6 punch combos into his high guard all night

Good then all you guys will complain he picked a punching bag of an opponent and knew what the result was going to be all along because of his last 2 opponents

There is a good reason Roach and Arum picked Clottey

A) Money stays in house

B) Clottey was a PERCEIVED risk without the chops to go for the kill

At least Bailey will punch and fight

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Colazzo?

I disagree, the guy would have had 3 straight world title fights and the last quarter of the fight with Cotto and the entire bout with Pacquiao he did nothing.. He essentialy quits for those 2 fights.. So what, give him a 3rd straight title fight so Bero can fire 5-6 punch combos into his high guard all night

Good then all you guys will complain he picked a punching bag of an opponent and knew what the result was going to be all along because of his last 2 opponents

There is a good reason Roach and Arum picked Clottey

A) Money stays in house

B) Clottey was a PERCEIVED risk without the chops to go for the kill

At least Bailey will punch and fight
    He may have stamina issues or issues with fast fighters, but he's never been stopped, he has been in with tough opposition, and he has good defense. Clottey was in a very close fight with Cotto and Cotto at that time was a champion. That he took the last third of the fight off is irrelevant. Bottom line: I would give Berto more credit for beating Clottey or Cintron than Bailey. We can agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just believe it comes down to be realistic. What fighter has gotten 3 straight cracks at a title whilst crapping the bed in his previous 2 trys? Not to mention how much money should Clottey get paid in a fight pairing 2 guys that don't exactly fill seats? There isn't enough money in the pot. Bailey would come at a dented can price.

The irony In your statement is, he Has trouble with fast fighters.. Berto has arguably the fastest hands in the sport, which again validate my point of people would use that as an excuse to denigrate the outcome.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just believe it comes down to be realistic. What fighter has gotten 3 straight cracks at a title whilst crapping the bed in his previous 2 trys? Not to mention how much money should Clottey get paid in a fight pairing 2 guys that don't exactly fill seats? There isn't enough money in the pot. Bailey would come at a dented can price.

The irony In your statement is, he Has trouble with fast fighters.. Berto has arguably the fastest hands in the sport, which again validate my point of people would use that as an excuse to denigrate the outcome.
    Watch the Cotto fight again. That wasn't crapping the bed. That was a solid fight. Don't forget many people thought the fight was very close.

He does have trouble with speed, which makes the fight a decent style match up for Berto. But, he has a helluva chin. It would be a testament to Berto if he knocked him out.

Bailey is old though and a natural 140. I hear you on the risk/reward argument, I guess. Clottey is more of a risk than Bailey is for sure.

Do you agree that Cintron is a better fight than either of them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard to say.. He is a lively competitor but seems to lack the chops when the going gets tough.

Just about 2 years ago we were considered to be in the golden era of Welters. Now Cotto is damaged and at 154 along with Citron and Margarito. Mosely is an opponent and at the end leaving Mayweather who is a train wreck outside the ring and Pac who is cherry picking....

Tough time now

Thread Information