Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British board likely to refuse the Chagaev fight

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    This is a blessing. After watching Chagaev in his last fight, he would get absolutely pummeled by Haye worse than Ruiz got it.

Echoing Drago, a fight against either Klit is the only way to go. Sam peter is done, Arreola is Grotesquely out of shape, Chambers is a fat cruiserweight, Povetkin will never be ready and I can't be bothered even thinking about anyone else. I wouldn't mind seeing Haye Adamek as the only possible substitute fight around.
    Great post.
    I echo those sentiments as well. Really, if it isn't a Klitschko, Adamek is the only way to go. Solis is the other contender I'd consider, but as he's just agreed to fight Vitali that is out of the question. Wouldn't be stunned if the Valuev rematch happened now.
    Its truly the only way. The whole heavyweight thing for me just makes boxing look horrible, it really does. Haye, The Klits and Adamek are the only true athletes at heavyweight. Nearly all the other guys make it into a heavyweight category through either being out of shape or plain fat (or ludicrously tall like Valuev). If Valuev was 6 - 8 inches smaller allround he would get totally iced at heavyweight. Hell, even Solis manages to weigh in huge realted to his height. I reckon he'd be classed as obese on a BMI. He'll get smashed by Vitali.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 01-11-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he really is not going to have anything to do with the Klits he should just retire now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    If he really is not going to have anything to do with the Klits he should just retire now.
    Yeno, if Haye is smart, he should offer Adamek more money to take a fight in June, that way, he really would put Wlad in a corner. Adamek would take more money to fight Haye IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No wonder Haye wants to retire - really, who is there that's worth fighting? None of that lot make an exciting fight. Bums, the lot of them!

Even in the 90s we had the Trio of Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis with characters like Mercer, Morrison, Hide and McCall (not forgetting Foreman's comeback win v Moorer) but these days there aren't any challengers to the 2 robot brothers - where did it all go wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitman View Post
    No wonder Haye wants to retire - really, who is there that's worth fighting? None of that lot make an exciting fight. Bums, the lot of them!

Even in the 90s we had the Trio of Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis with characters like Mercer, Morrison, Hide and McCall (not forgetting Foreman's comeback win v Moorer) but these days there aren't any challengers to the 2 robot brothers - where did it all go wrong?
    no stop u gonna make me cry, the 90's were great! we even had people parachuting into the ring in title fights back then

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post

no stop u gonna make me cry, the 90's were great! we even had people parachuting into the ring in title fights back then
    That really is gunna make me cry. Nowadays we're struggling to get fighters in the ring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That really is gunna make me cry. Nowadays we're struggling to get fighters in the ring!
    plus

holyfield fought moorer with a hole in his heart for fks sake!
    lennox sent a guy in a chicken suit to follow bowe abt!
    tommy morrison used to drink 10 pints a night!
    herbie hide used to hit the deck 10 times a round!
    mike tyson used to bite peoples ears off!
    bowes crew broke a mobile phone on goloto's head!

the heavyweights in the 90's rocked!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

plus

Don't dude, the tears are rolling pretty fast here. Remember the 1st Tyson-Holyfield fight. The card on that was truly unbelievable. 3 Heavyweight title fights on one night. Those were the days when it meant something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

plus

Fuck you man!

If I could Sad Click you I would. I'm so fucking depressed right now....
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all getting a bit silly now.... even Tarvers jumped in an called out Haye

Antonio Tarver: David Haye is Vulnerable, I'll Expose Him! - Boxing News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

You no what I would rather him fight a Tarver or a Toney then some of these fat bums, that list I put up is quite depressing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You no what I would rather him fight a Tarver or a Toney then some of these fat bums, that list I put up is quite depressing.

Agree but either way whoever he fights next he'll just get ripped apart by the Lyles of this world.

Fucked if he does ...fucked if he doesn't situation.

As far as Heavyweight Champs go he really hasn't had a mega pay cheque as yet.

Be interesting to know his ring earnings to date, i can't imagine they're that great in comparison to other belt holders.

Tarver might be a wise move, bit of a face for the stats but again it proves nothing "Tarvers shot etc"

All in all Hayes in a pretty shit place at this stage of his career when realistically he's probably at his peak and i reckon we've still not seen the best of him at all.

Totally f*cked up and i'd back him heavily to Smash Wlad to bits ... think Vitali would be a massive ask if im honest...Vitalis got a cracking chin so Haye might scrape a points win.
    Depends what Vitalis got left really but it's hard to judge all 3 of them really as they all keep fighting shit. lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather he fought Holyfield than Tarver or Toney. Holyfield, even at 46, might be the most dangerous American Heavyweight out there just for his all round skill. How sad is that?!?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truth be told, like the Klitschko's have found, there are few options out there in the heavyweight division. The only big fights are Adamek, Haye, and the Klitschkos. With Solis fighting Vitali and Adamek lined up for Wlad, Chagaev is really one of the best out there.

Haye hasn't made any real noise in the division yet. He took his title from Valuev and defended it against Audley and Ruiz. That doesn't qualify as a legacy. Now that I think about it, what was Haye's best win? Probably Valuev or Enzo or Mormeck. Right? That doesn't say very much at all. I'll go as far to say that beating Chagaev would maybe be his best career win. Maybe for that reason, it is worth pursuing. Adamek has better wins than Haye in his career by a good amount, I would say.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-12-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

plus

Don't dude, the tears are rolling pretty fast here. Remember the 1st Tyson-Holyfield fight. The card on that was truly unbelievable. 3 Heavyweight title fights on one night. Those were the days when it meant something.
    herbie hide & michael bentt rolling around scrappin in the street
    tyson blowing ruddock kisses
    oliver mccall having a breakdown in the ring
    mercer telling ferguson to take a dive in the ring

Thread Information