Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik v De Gale

Warren been throwing out a challenge to Pavlik, Pavliks manager says pay us $3-$4 million we will do it, Warren has lost the plot, beating an average Paul Smith now he thinks he is ready for Pavlik, I don't care how fucked up Pavlik is I wouldn't risk De Gale against him.

Obviously this own't happen just Warren making noises, but Pavlik will never go back to 160 it says so he is now a 168 fighter do you think he can ever be as good as he once was?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik v De Gale

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Warren been throwing out a challenge to Pavlik, Pavliks manager says pay us $3-$4 million we will do it, Warren has lost the plot, beating an average Paul Smith now he thinks he is ready for Pavlik, I don't care how fucked up Pavlik is I wouldn't risk De Gale against him.

Obviously this own't happen just Warren making noises, but Pavlik will never go back to 160 it says so he is now a 168 fighter do you think he can ever be as good as he once was?

i think its over for him at the very top

degale would take him for definate if he was a few fights further on, maybe not at the minute tho
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon 2D Pavlik is mentally gone for boxing at high level. I reckon they are looking for a spring board for DeGale to hop straight over Euro level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Palvik is still dangerous. At 168, he my never beat Ward, Bute, Froch or Dirrell. For they are moving fighters. But a fight against Kessler, Johnson, Green or Abraham could be fire works. Fighters that come straight forward. His team have to hand pick his fights until his confidence is up where he BELIEVES he should be at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik may well be done at world level but he will always stand a punchers chance.Warren must have alot of confidence in Degale after just 9 fights to be mentioning the likes of Pavlik its still a huge step up for Degale it this fight happens which i carnt see it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Pavlik may well be done at world level but he will always stand a punchers chance.Warren must have alot of confidence in Degale after just 9 fights to be mentioning the likes of Pavlik its still a huge step up for Degale it this fight happens which i carnt see it.
    Can this fight sell in England? Otherwise, it doesn't seem to be worth the money for Warren. 9 fights in, I'm sorry but no one is ready for Pavlik.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Can this fight sell in England? Otherwise, it doesn't seem to be worth the money for Warren. 9 fights in, I'm sorry but no one is ready for Pavlik.
    Degale is a star but Warren is just chattin shit. Truth is, he is trying to get media attention to scare George Groves off. No way does he have any interest in making a fight with Pavlik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren wont chuck his star man in with Pavlik he would wait to see how Pavlik looks after his rehab and wait till Degale has a few more fights.It does get Degales name out there maybe late this year or next year we might see this fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well too early for Degale a fight of this level. Even if Pavlik is weak at the momment with losing fights and coming out of rehab. Pavlik after he beat Taylor had the 160 weight class under his feet. He was going to good places. Could we ever see this in pavlik again? well the top fighters have found out he is fairly 2 demisonal and this will effect him at the top level. However he would be a tough fighter with his power punching and relentless pressure for any fighter at 160-168. I believe he would be too much for an inexperience Degale at the top level, maybe in a year or two Degale will beat him safely, but right now no. Degale needs to get more domestic names under his belt and top european level fights and throughout 2011 i want to see good progression which has shown in 2010. There is no need to rush because by mid to late 2012 with the way he is progressing now he will definatly be in contention for a world title shot. Degale needs to keep his focus and he will be a world champion within no time. Put please Degale keep away from Pavlik for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No mate it can't Warren is chatting shit De Gale doesn't really have a fan base he is not like Khan or Hatton in that sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No mate it can't Warren is chatting shit De Gale doesn't really have a fan base he is not like Khan or Hatton in that sense.
    agreed

pavlik isnt a name in the UK and it would be sold on his record and the fact he is a former world champ alone. Either way i see JDG taking his head off with his far superior hand speed. Ive never rated pavlik even when he was beating up on jermaine taylor i always said a world class fighter would take him just like i said about abraham
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless he know something about Pav, it must be hype. De Gale is good but would be rushing him needlessly for this type of fight far too quickly.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pav is done. He can't beat guys who can move for 12 rounds, he's lost his power due to the staph infection, his confidence is low and he's having his huge out of the ring battle.

Thread Information