Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley - Alexander Fight Thread

I am so glad that this match up is taking place. Its great to see the 140 weight class getting good fight again as the weight class hasnt been at its greatest since Tszyu left, Cotto, Hatton and Mayweather all moved up. We now have some elite fighters in this weight class and this match up is surely going to be one of the biggest in the world in 2011.

Both fighters have a lot on the line with this match up and they know this. heres a link with fightnews on how they are feeling towards the fight: Boxing - Fighting For History. as a boxing fan i can say im really excited to see this fight and believe it will be very close. As to how I think the fight will go I am favouring Bradley. I think he has the greater ability to adapt to difficult situations and change the fight if its not going his way. I think Alexander struggled a bit with what should of been a routine performance against Andrey Kotelnik. I know a lot of people on here thought i was a bad choice of fight but Kotelnik is an ex champion and will push any fighter. Although Alexander got the nod I think in comparison to Bradley at this stage of his career he hasnt matured to the levels Bradley has reached. This is why im picking Bradley to win either a close UD or SD. Im going with Bradley in the fight though. whats your picks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley - Alexander who have you got ?

I personally think they are both limited but should be a good fight, like Bradley to take control in the second half of the fight and win a clear decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley will win a clear decision. He's much more durable, I just see Alexander surviving, but clearly losing.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be close early on, but Bradley will adjust and be in the better condition down the stretch. He will show why he is the best fighter at 140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was in on the press confrence today and I was suprised that after all the mud slinging back and forth they both showed real respect towards one another but Bradley seemed to be more confident....When both fighters were asked how they felt the fight would go believe it or not Bradley was pretty much under the assumption most everyone here is...It will be close in the early rounds as they felt each other out and he will take over as the fight progresses....Alexander said he thinks he will stop Bradley.....I think in the early rounds it will be close with Alexander having a slight edge but Bradley will come on strong as the fight progresses and that will really play on Alexander who in the Kotelnik fight seemed very discoursged later on....

I noticed something funny about Devon though the more he talked the more it seemed obvious...I think he is already suffering the effects of too many punches to the head...Maybe from his amateur days? He slurred his words a lot...Anyone else ever notice that about him?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I was in on the press confrence today and I was suprised that after all the mud slinging back and forth they both showed real respect towards one another but Bradley seemed to be more confident....When both fighters were asked how they felt the fight would go believe it or not Bradley was pretty much under the assumption most everyone here is...It will be close in the early rounds as they felt each other out and he will take over as the fight progresses....Alexander said he thinks he will stop Bradley.....I think in the early rounds it will be close with Alexander having a slight edge but Bradley will come on strong as the fight progresses and that will really play on Alexander who in the Kotelnik fight seemed very discoursged later on....

I noticed something funny about Devon though the more he talked the more it seemed obvious...I think he is already suffering the effects of too many punches to the head...Maybe from his amateur days? He slurred his words a lot...Anyone else ever notice that about him?
    Yeah I noticed that in a few post fight interviews.

I hope Bradley wins but got a funny feeling Devon might stop him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i said right from the get go when this fight was made that devon alexander has the ability to box any guy at 140s head off

just strikes me as the kind of guy that rises to the occasion, i can see him taking a points win and possibly even flooring bradley mid fight
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    i said right from the get go when this fight was made that devon alexander has the ability to box any guy at 140s head off

just strikes me as the kind of guy that rises to the occasion, i can see him taking a points win and possibly even flooring bradley mid fight
    I'd be stunned if he took a decision on points. My feeling is either Devon stops him or Bradley decisions him. No way do I see him outboxing Bradley.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been an undercover Bradley fan since the Witter fight so I have that feeling that this is a HUGE fight for Bradley. I just hope Bradley see's it that way. He can't go into this fight underestimating Alexander. Kotelnik fought a smart fight, Bradley has to do the same. If Bradley gets too rugged, he'll get picked apart and maybe really hurt.

Bradley really has to be shrewd and keep his head for 12 full rounds. He's the smarter guy but Devon has the tools so Bradley has just GOT to be smart.

I think he will be... From the footage I've seen, he seems very focused so I'm predicting that Bradley takes a few rounds to work things out and then cutesy-brawls he's way to a clear UD.

The thing that worries me most is Bradley admitted that Peterson gave him hell to the body. (I hate it when Fighters divulge highly sensitive info). So I'll be looking for Devon (If he/his team are smart) to work towards the body.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 01-13-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

I'd be stunned if he took a decision on points. My feeling is either Devon stops him or Bradley decisions him. No way do I see him outboxing Bradley.
    Feel the exact same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seem to agree with the majority here. Alexander does have the skillset early to give Bradley lots of trouble. I think it's Bradley's will and determination that will pull him through this fight. I can only think when Kendall Holt just about knocked his head 180 degrees around and Bradley getting up to take a clear cut desicion. He will walk through some hell but will a desicion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post
    I've been an undercover Bradley fan since the Witter fight so I have that feeling that this is a HUGE fight for Bradley. I just hope Bradley see's it that way. He can't go into this fight underestimating Alexander. Kotelnik fought a smart fight, Bradley has to do the same. If Bradley gets too rugged, he'll get picked apart and maybe really hurt.

Bradley really has to be shrewd and keep his head for 12 full rounds. He's the smarter guy but Devon has the tools so Bradley has just GOT to be smart.

I think he will be... From the footage I've seen, he seems very focused so I'm predicting that Bradley takes a few rounds to work things out and then cutesy-brawls he's way to a clear UD.

The thing that worries me most is Bradley admitted that Peterson gave him hell to the body. (I hate it when Fighters divulge highly sensitive info). So I'll be looking for Devon (If he/his team are smart) to work towards the body.
    Do you think that Bradley admitting that is part of his game plan? In order for Alexander to get to Bradley's body, he have to get close. Alexander key factor is his jab. He's a little longer then Bradley. With his power coming at the end of his punches. Especially on a 1-2 combo. Kinda like Holt. And not to mention, Bradley has been putting a lot of work on body punches himself. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cards and the stars just don't seems to line up right in boxing anymore. Bradley vs Pacman could be a good fight. But soemthing is telling me, that's not going to happen. Bradley, IMO, is who the sport needs to win. But, I've always been on the underdog side. And Alexander is skilled enough to get the job done.

Alexander by TKO rd 7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch View Post

Do you think that Bradley admitting that is part of his game plan? In order for Alexander to get to Bradley's body, he have to get close. Alexander key factor is his jab. He's a little longer then Bradley. With his power coming at the end of his punches. Especially on a 1-2 combo. Kinda like Holt. And not to mention, Bradley has been putting a lot of work on body punches himself. Just a thought.
    Na, Bradley admitted really having to tough it out after some body work from Lamont Peterson right after their fight over a year ago. So it's definitely not a ploy of any kind.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually scrap that... Apprarently Lamont Peterson hurt Floyd Mayweather to the body before his fight with Marquez so, relatviely speaking, it's a moot point

Thread Information