Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Berto v Ortiz in negotiations for April 16th

Breaking news: Berto-Ortiz on April 16?

Not a bad fight strange GBP let Ortiz in with Berto I think Berto takes him out, I would of thought it would of been better if Ortiz fought Khan after this date.

Maybe Ortiz can't make 140 anymore.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Berto v Ortiz in negotiations for April 16th

People will laugh, but I think Ortiz might be the biggest threat to Khan at 140. He can box, put punches together, and has legitimate power. I might actually pick him to stop Khan.

Berto will just be too big for him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    People will laugh, but I think Ortiz might be the biggest threat to Khan at 140. He can box, put punches together, and has legitimate power. I might actually pick him to stop Khan.

I don't rate Ortiz personally, looks like an accident waiting to happen for me.

I don't no about Betro being to big though he is quite small Berto for a welterweight and Ortiz is huge at 140, I just had a look and Ortiz has not made the 140 limit for some time now I don't think he is comfortable at 140.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be a good fight. Ortiz is a big 140 lber, and i'm not sold on Berto yet. Isn't April 16 the possible date for JMM-Morales fight? same card?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are both well beyond 140. Look at Ortizs lats and wing span right now...he has 154 written all over it. Bertos stocky as all hell and negates his speed more and more.........this is a healthy needed match of two guys with frankly limitations as far as the elites go. Bit of a chance to throw them in the fire and cancel one out. Both young and still green after all this time.

It'll be a draw....ok I lean towards Ortiz

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Berto facing Randal Bailey ?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I'm not laughing. I totally agree!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What happened to Berto facing Randal Bailey ?

Randal Bailey would be a lose/lose fight for Berto. Although I think Berto would win, what really would he have won? Fight Bailey is no where near as big of a fight as Bradley vs Alexander. And ultimately teh sweepstakes is to fight Pacman. You will have to say the winner of Bradley vs Alexander wil be ranked P4P higher then Berto. Berto needs to close the gap by fighting someone with more of a challenge and threat. And not to mention, star potential!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is a big jr welterweight, and easily could compete at welter, if he's in the right mindset i think he can surprise quite a few people and give Berto hell, i mean he's a powerful southpaw, with an awkward style, decent speed, i'd say better power and a good variety of punches, and well to me at least Berto has had question marks all over his chin since the Cosme Rivera fight (where his corner had to cut off his glove to buy him time), should be a good fight and Ortiz is a lot more credible than Bailey or some other no name at welter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this would be a solid fight. Like most have stated Ortiz looks bigger at 140 than most. Berto looks to be a bit small at welterweight. This could be a great clash if it happens.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a bad fight at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Ortiz is a big jr welterweight, and easily could compete at welter, if he's in the right mindset i think he can surprise quite a few people and give Berto hell, i mean he's a powerful southpaw, with an awkward style, decent speed, i'd say better power and a good variety of punches, and well to me at least Berto has had question marks all over his chin since the Cosme Rivera fight (where his corner had to cut off his glove to buy him time), should be a good fight and Ortiz is a lot more credible than Bailey or some other no name at welter
    Not so sure about that one El............

Berto won't be fighting Bailey or someone like Aydin anytime soon I wouldn't say, he'd get sparked by both IMO. The same Berto that hugged and clinched the hell out of Juan Urango in the hope of not getting iced.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 01-14-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

Berto won't be fighting Bailey or someone like Aydin anytime soon I wouldn't say, he'd get sparked by both IMO.
    are you kidding me? i'm not high on Berto what so ever, but Ortiz would ruin Bailey at this stage as would Berto, Randall Bailey has always been chinny and easy to find, he's nothing more than a B level fighter with loads of power but no chin or stamina to match, if Urango knocked him the fuck out, Ortiz and Berto would wreck the guy badly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto won't be fighting Bailey or someone like Aydin anytime soon I wouldn't say, he'd get sparked by both IMO.
    are you kidding me? i'm not high on Berto what so ever, but Ortiz would ruin Bailey at this stage as would Berto, Randall Bailey has always been chinny and easy to find, he's nothing more than a B level fighter with loads of power but no chin or stamina to match, if Urango knocked him the fuck out, Ortiz and Berto would wreck the guy badly
    Kidding fine sir I am not. Berto and Ortiz have done nothing to nail it on that they would wreck Bailey. Berto, aside from stopping Quintana, does nothing to impress me at all, and Ortiz, first drop from Bailey would have his heart fall out of his arse. He already straight up quit once.

I like Bailey, especially at welterweight where he's not starvin, and I like hin to quake the boots of Berto.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kidding fine sir I am not. Berto and Ortiz have done nothing to nail it on that they would wreck Bailey. Berto, aside from stopping Quintana, does nothing to impress me at all, and Ortiz, first drop from Bailey would have his heart fall out of his arse. He already straight up quit once.

I like Bailey, especially at welterweight where he's not starvin, and I like hin to quake the boots of Berto.
    umm Berto dominated and man handled the last guy to knock Bailey the fuck out in Urango, what has Randall Bailey done at a world stage to prove that at 36 he'll be a threat to a top rated fight in Berto? hell who the hell has Bailey ever beaten of note period, his biggest win is a 8 round UD against a shot Demarcus Corley to whom he had already lost to, he couldn't be Ngoudjo who was like 15-1 at the time and that was his last decent showing, Ortiz packs more power than Urango IMO and Berto would be on him and overwhelm him, in short if Bailey fought either guy he'd get KTFO

the biggest names on his record all have one thing in common they're all on the L part of his record, Cotto, Corley, Smith, and Urango

Thread Information