Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

No but think that Eduoard faked it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I think it was borderline....I mean yes it was technically on a break but the ref did step outy from between them....I don't think he said fight yet though?......On the other hand the rule is protect yourself at all times!!! I mean how many fighters do you see that even when the ref is breaking them they put their hands up or when they get into a moment where one kind of gets behind the other in a clinch and the ref is breaking them you see the fighter put him hand up to the back of his head etc just in case........

I guess it all depends on how you look at it....I do think it changed the fight greatly because Eduoard was caught totally off guard and just went down hard...I thought he was done to tell the truth......IMO both men are done as fighters even Manfredo SR said he would like to see Peter get out of the game....

On the other side in the Pryor/Rodriguez fight man was that ref a bit biased...He found every reason he could to say something to Pryor...That point deduction was horrible...If Rodriguez was not holding like that he would have never had the elbow hit him and it was clear it was not intentional....Even at another point when Rodrigiez was holding Pryor around the waist and Pryor was being walked backward and he kind of turned a bit the ref made a comment to him about turning....Fucking terrible scores at the end as well....I am not even disputing who should have won or should not have the gap in one was insulting
    I couldn't agree more about the Pryor vs. Rodriguez fight bro. That ref was a little cunt ! Rodriguez was hitting Pryor in the kidneys and back and in the back of the head all night long and didn't get so much as a serious warning. That point deduction was total crap. Pryor barely touched the guy with his arm, incidental contact, and gets a point deducted !?

The scores were bullshit as well. It was a close fight. Not a 98-91 fight. Pryor had the fight within his grasp til that point deduction and giving away the last round.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information