Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Yes yes I know "Protect your self at all times" but after watching it over and over again, it really looked like the ref told the two fighters to break and Eduordad took a step back and Manfredo took a step forward and clocked him !

You could tell Eduordad relaxed and stepped back and got sucker punched.

Def took away Daniel's legs for the rest of the fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Did think it was on "break" but never showed full replay....end of the day though shame on Edouard. Ref was no where in picture and carrying thru command so its on him to cover his own ass, props to Manfredo for shifting it with one shot. Really thought corner might stop it late, was there to be tko'd I believe

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else think that shot Manfredo hit Eduoard with was a cheap shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did think it was on "break" but never showed full replay....end of the day though shame on Edouard. Ref was no where in picture and carrying thru command so its on him to cover his own ass, props to Manfredo for shifting it with one shot. Really thought corner might stop it late, was there to be tko'd I believe
    I recorded the fight on DVR and played it back several times and the ref stepped in close to the fighters and looked to instruct them to break.

Eduarod then followed instructions and relaxed, while Manfredo sucker punched him, changing the entire fight.

Also if you watch closely, after Manfredo knocks Eduorad down, he looks at the ref, as if waiting to be scolded, then once he sees the ref is not going to scold him but in fact count it as a knockdown, THEN Manfredo puts his arm up and goes to the nuetral corner.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking back it probably was, but Eduoard should have been protecting himself. Boxing is a dangerous game and fighters will try to take advantage of a situation and that happened here. It cost him the fight IMO as he was looking really good until that point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i think it was looking at it

Found this vid, see for yourself.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Looking back it probably was, but Eduoard should have been protecting himself. Boxing is a dangerous game and fighters will try to take advantage of a situation and that happened here. It cost him the fight IMO as he was looking really good until that point.
    Yes it cost him the fight. And Eduoard shouldn't have dropped his hands, BUT it happens.

If anyone remembers what happened in Hopkins vs. Echols I, Bernard himself relaxed as the ref came in and seperated them and told them to break then Echols clocked Bernard and dropped him. Echols then was penalized and Bernard was given time to recover.

I believe that is what should have happened here.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for replay. Nah, Ref was non factor...a verbal bark in the heat of it is just that. He didnt assert it at all, step in or even motion and dont think he needed to, there was nothing there to break in the first place? Manfredo did what more guys should and 'punched out' of close quarters and was hook-hook combo. Edourd got caught napping...literally.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for replay. Nah, Ref was non factor...a verbal bark in the heat of it is just that. He didnt assert it at all, step in or even motion and dont think he needed to, there was nothing there to break in the first place? Manfredo did what more guys should and 'punched out' of close quarters and was hook-hook combo. Edourd got caught napping...literally.
    Your WRONG its WRONG !!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ref was just saying your holding. Manfredo kind of knew he got lucky, I think Edouard was expecting a break but it didnt come.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF IT WAS A suicker puinch i dont think manfredo did it intentionally there were a few instances after were eduardo had his hands down all the way down and manfredo didnt just go in n clock him,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the words of the Wu-Tang, "Proteck yo neck."
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to agree with that one....

Is it 100% fair to clock your opponent when he relaxes his guard thinking they are both breaking?? Maybe not 100% fair, but if your tired and leaning on your opponent with your hands down, your asking for trouble.. And if your opponent can still throw, you gotta be protecting yourself...
    It was tough to watch because you know Eduoard wasn't expecting it and for it to eventually cost him the fight, that's tough as well.... But I don't feel the ref played enough of a part in the break for Eduoard to relax that much and expect his opponent not to take advantage of it...

Got really lazy, and payed dearly for it... That is boxing right there!!!!
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Lacy v Reid fight the ref shouted break or stop 3 times and both fighters did stop and looked to the ref, then Lacy turns to Reid and fires a right hook while Reid is talking to the ref!! Then the ref gives Reid a count rather than give him time to recover from an ilegal shot or even warn, take points or disqualify Lacy!

Reid was known for a good chin up until then but that first ilegal shot took his resiliance away!

Oh, also! In the same fight, Lacy lands on his ass and the ref actually helps him up but around the same time, Tyson gets pushed to the floor and is sat on his ass, he holds his arm out for the ref to help him up but the ref says he cant because the fighter has to do it himself! So why did the little prick Lacy get given a hand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    In Lacy v Reid fight the ref shouted break or stop 3 times and both fighters did stop and looked to the ref, then Lacy turns to Reid and fires a right hook while Reid is talking to the ref!! Then the ref gives Reid a count rather than give him time to recover from an ilegal shot or even warn, take points or disqualify Lacy!

Reid was known for a good chin up until then but that first ilegal shot took his resiliance away!

Oh, also! In the same fight, Lacy lands on his ass and the ref actually helps him up but around the same time, Tyson gets pushed to the floor and is sat on his ass, he holds his arm out for the ref to help him up but the ref says he cant because the fighter has to do it himself! So why did the little prick Lacy get given a hand
    Reid v Lacy horrible fight to watch same as when he fought Ottke very frustrating to watch. Even though he probably would have lost against Lacy in the end he was done no favours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it was borderline....I mean yes it was technically on a break but the ref did step outy from between them....I don't think he said fight yet though?......On the other hand the rule is protect yourself at all times!!! I mean how many fighters do you see that even when the ref is breaking them they put their hands up or when they get into a moment where one kind of gets behind the other in a clinch and the ref is breaking them you see the fighter put him hand up to the back of his head etc just in case........

I guess it all depends on how you look at it....I do think it changed the fight greatly because Eduoard was caught totally off guard and just went down hard...I thought he was done to tell the truth......IMO both men are done as fighters even Manfredo SR said he would like to see Peter get out of the game....

On the other side in the Pryor/Rodriguez fight man was that ref a bit biased...He found every reason he could to say something to Pryor...That point deduction was horrible...If Rodriguez was not holding like that he would have never had the elbow hit him and it was clear it was not intentional....Even at another point when Rodrigiez was holding Pryor around the waist and Pryor was being walked backward and he kind of turned a bit the ref made a comment to him about turning....Fucking terrible scores at the end as well....I am not even disputing who should have won or should not have the gap in one was insulting

Thread Information