Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Lucas Matthysse vs DeMarcus Corley

Anyone see this fight?

Chop Chop took a knee nine times in the fight. Matthysse's body shots are incredibly accurate. Seven of the eight knockdowns were due to left hooks to the body - very Cotto-esque.

Good fighter Matthysse. Still believe he was robbed against Judah. He should still be unbeaten. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Marcos Maidana.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Matthysse vs DeMarcus Corley

He's a pretty solid body puncher and better boxer then I thought. Nice straight shots and up to head opened Judah up big time. Wish he'd get a rematch...think he knocks Judah out. 7 knees ?? Just to get up off that body damage speaks of Corleys brass but that's all he has left. Needs to retire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Demarcus Corley is one of my favorite boxers because he's fought with unbreakable will and determination throughout his career and he definitely showed that here like never before. But the quickness he had in his prime is diminished and he should think of retiring soon. What a beast though, eight times.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucas has certainly proven he's better than his brother was

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWolf View Post
    Yeah, Demarcus Corley is one of my favorite boxers because he's fought with unbreakable will and determination throughout his career and he definitely showed that here like never before. But the quickness he had in his prime is diminished and he should think of retiring soon. What a beast though, eight times.
    Plus he's a snappy dresser! Iwas also thinking Matthyse vs Maidana would be a good scrap. I think Maidana is a bit overrated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those, like me, who missed it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Plus he's a snappy dresser! Iwas also thinking Matthyse vs Maidana would be a good scrap. I think Maidana is a bit overrated.
    Yeah I agree. Maidana has a chin but I'm not that convinced it's as "bolten" as everyone says; Amir was able to stun him with a sharp hook to the chin...or maybe it was one of those perfectly planted hooks on the temple. I'ma have to re-look. >>

Lol In this fight, he kinda looked like Deadpool. I heard Corley designed everyone of his outfits, someone should cosign him with Marvel or D.C. cause he's got a good mind for it.
    And let's not forget, he's one of the only boxers out there that makes the warrior skirt look badass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Yeah I agree. Maidana has a chin but I'm not that convinced it's as "bolten" as everyone says; Amir was able to stun him with a sharp hook to the chin...or maybe it was one of those perfectly planted hooks on the temple. I'ma have to re-look. >>

Lol In this fight, he kinda looked like Deadpool. I heard Corley designed everyone of his outfits, someone should cosign him with Marvel or D.C. cause he's got a good mind for it.
    And let's not forget, he's one of the only boxers out there that makes the warrior skirt look badass.
    it's not so much his chin, it's how fast he recuperates, just look at that body shot Khan banged him with in the first round and look at the last 3 rounds of the fight, Maidana although limited is either better than what most give him credit for, or Khan isn't anywhere as good

Thread Information