Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sauerland make offer for Kessler vs. Stieglitz, WBO Super-Middleweight Title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sauerland make offer for Kessler vs. Stieglitz, WBO Super-Middleweight Title

Kessler-Stieglitz: Offer of 500,000 EUR Confirmed By SES - Boxing News

The fight would take place in Denmark. This is an acceptable first fight back I guess. We could do with keeping the big fights at 168 going, because after all the drop outs in the Super-Six, and Bute's exclusion from it, there are still plenty of big fights we have yet to see.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sauerland make offer for Kessler vs. Stieglitz, WBO Super-Middleweight Title

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Kessler-Stieglitz: Offer of 500,000 EUR Confirmed By SES - Boxing News

The fight would take place in Denmark. This is an acceptable first fight back I guess. We could do with keeping the big fights at 168 going, because after all the drop outs in the Super-Six, and Bute's exclusion from it, there are still plenty of big fights we have yet to see.
    You know, I was expecting this to happen. Like Dirrel, a handy excuse to drop out of the tournament and go their own way. Bit dissapointing really, id have liked to see Kessler get some more wins in it and at least try and avenge the Ward fight.

Hope he doesnt go all Ottke from now on

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sauerland make offer for Kessler vs. Stieglitz, WBO Super-Middleweight Title

I doubt kessler goes all ottke, the mans been a warrior and honestly this isn't even that easy of a fight back...easy route would have been to take sartison or whatever the hell his name is on again and pick up a title since kess already demolished him before. kess isn't as sharp as he used to be but he still takes stieglitz handily I think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was "Doctors recommendation" that he didn't fight for atleast 9 months for his eye to heal properly..... Maybe i'm wrong without looking again. Sure it was though. Stiegltiz hasn't beat anyone of real note at SM to be honest, Kessler should beat him comfortably I'd say.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mac I think you are correct they said 9 months but hasn't it been already like 6? so by the time the fight rolls around I'm sure it would have been 9 months...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I thought it was "Doctors recommendation" that he didn't fight for atleast 9 months for his eye to heal properly..... Maybe i'm wrong without looking again. Sure it was though. Stiegltiz hasn't beat anyone of real note at SM to be honest, Kessler should beat him comfortably I'd say.....

Same with Dirrels brain damage. Its just convenient it ruled them both out of the tournament but gave them a time frame to get back in to action without too long a gap

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kesslers last fight was 9 months ago, so by the time he steps in the ring it'll most likely be 12-14 months don't see how he's bsing here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time flies man, hell, thats really passed hasn't it. I like Kessler and I'd love to see him get a couple of good outings in and give Froch a rematch. Hope he sticks with Jimmy Montoya... I'd even say that with Montoya and without bad cuts he'd have a better stab at Ward at a second time round too.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent fight...Stieglitz is game.

Stieglitz' promoter has mentioned him training for a March fight. After that, we might see this happen.

Kessler in about 6-7 rds.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad to see him back. I hope he can put together a couple of wins and then rematch Ward.

Thread Information