Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robberies

This term is thrown around quite a bit in this forum. I usually try not to partake in too much of the B.S. that is brought up but after last night's Cruiserweight fight between Lateef Kayode and Nick Iannuzzi. I have to stand up and say what a crock of shit this was. There is a point in giving a fighter the benefit of the doubt in winning a round and then there is just blatent biases. I understand there are ways to build fighter's up because of who trains them or what their amatuer pedigree was,but to literally give fighter's a round when they clearly have not done anything during that round should launch a full investigation.

The end of the show last night was all a bit fishy with the deducted point at the end of the fight. When Kayode hit Iannuzzi twice in the back of the head well after the bell had sounded for the final round. Iannuzzi through right back at him in protest ala Evander Holyfield - Riddick Bowe trilogy. Raul Caiz Jr. was all to quick to deduct the point from Iannuzzi. Then the blatent score cards in which the only people in the arena had thought won the fight was Kayode and his promoter.Freddy Roach couldn't even smirk that his fighter was gift wrapped a Unanimous decision. I don't believe the judges who gave the scores even thought Lateef won the fight.

I might be going a bit overboard here but after watching this fight twice I can not see Iannuzzi just winning 2 rounds or even 3. You want to know why people keeping poking at boxing. This is it and what will be done about it. Nothing.

Steve Marrow 98-91
    Ralph McKnight 97 -92
    and an understandable Ray Balewiscz with 95-94

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robberies

You are exaggerating this. I actually had it 96-93 Kayode , so I dont see the problem here. the 98-91 card is quite bad but we've seen worse. Def not a robbery to me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie Roach even said to Kayode you need a knockout in the last round. Real shitty decision made by the ref, to take a point in the last seconds of a close fight. Ianuzzi was actually just responding to Kayode hitting him after the bell. Sometimes boxing just seems like a popularity contest. It's sickening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For some reason I just hated that Funika vs Guzman 1st fight. Guess thats just apart of the game. I still love boxing but I hate the game. old saying. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Thread Information