Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: will jogging two miles two times a day bring the same results as jogging four miles?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default will jogging two miles two times a day bring the same results as jogging four miles?

will jogging two miles two times a day bring the same results as jogging four miles straight? I jog 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the night. Will that give me the same results as if i were jogging 4 miles straight once a day? or is running the miles straight always better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are looking to enhance your endurance, the four miles straight is your best option. However, if speed is what you are after, two and two is best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: will jogging two miles two times a day bring the same results as jogging four mil

are you looking to jog or box? cause unless you need to cut fat, 4 miles a day is a waste o your time...try interval running, some sprints and agility work, then box for cardio...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: will jogging two miles two times a day bring the same results as jogging four mil

Jogging twice a day will merely cause joint and muscle soreness.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as already mentioned, depends on your goals

If its fitness you are after theres nowt better than some circuits down your local boxing gym
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've actually read in many running references that up to daTE research says it's actually better. It means your metabolism gets a double boost. Also the same gains are supposed to be reported.

I don't recall whether or not they studied gains of endurance versus speed / calorie expenditure. I suspect endurance would not improve to the same extent. However some ultra runners do two runs in a day to get their kms up - i guess the gap between runs allows some initial recovery and refueling enough to do the extra kms that might be too stressfuL on a regular basis within one day otherwise.

Best test - give it a go and see how it works for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4 miles on flat land is always the best. Up and downhill is bad for the knee.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    I've actually read in many running references that up to daTE research says it's actually better. It means your metabolism gets a double boost. Also the same gains are supposed to be reported.

I don't recall whether or not they studied gains of endurance versus speed / calorie expenditure. I suspect endurance would not improve to the same extent. However some ultra runners do two runs in a day to get their kms up - i guess the gap between runs allows some initial recovery and refueling enough to do the extra kms that might be too stressfuL on a regular basis within one day otherwise.

Best test - give it a go and see how it works for you

sounds about right

for fitness/weight loss you are better breaking your runs up throughout the day but you would need to make sure you benefit from the break, so run it as quick as you can, then do it again, dont just carry on jogging at the same pace you left off
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would suggest swimming.

Note disregard this post unless you are fighting Manny.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think so much running is aways bad! First we are too big, second bad schoes and asphalt which leads to bad form. It is a recepy for desaster!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nikola_ganchev View Post
    I think so much running is aways bad! First we are too big, second bad schoes and asphalt which leads to bad form. It is a recepy for desaster!
    Four miles is not far at all. 20 I could understand the fear. Plus who's too big? I fought as a bantamweight and was lighter than most runners. These things need to be considered on an individual basis.

A whole heap of things factor into this. The surface is a big one - i actually find an undulating trail or grass better. The impact is less on your joints and the differing slopes stop you from stiffening into a particular posture as easily as a constant flat surface.

If you do two sprint sessions every day you'll need to have an exceptional recovery rate. If you do one sprint, one easy occasionally or two easy ones you'll probably cope very well.

Two runs one before breakfast and one after dinner could be really helpful to those trying to make weight as the workouts are timed perfectly for calorie expenditure.

Having said that two aerobic sessions of any kind would have similar benefits and rowing and swimming are good candidates being full body, low impact choices.

If you want really constructive input i'd perhaps also post this on a running forum.

Thread Information