What do you think about it ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali tribute

Vitali is better than Wlad, what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Vitali is better than Wlad, what do you think?
    I think so... I enjoy watching him fight more,,, like his character more etc... But Wlad is certainly not a poor mans Vitali and would give him a run for his money if they weren't brothers...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

would have been nice to see a prime Foreman vs Vitali a slugfest for sure.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually that was very unimpressive.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think by the end of their respective careers both Wlad & Vitali will be considered top 10 HW all time.
    I already consider them top 10 but I'm talking about general sensus...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I think by the end of their respective careers both Wlad & Vitali will be considered top 10 HW all time.

I think the general lack of worthy challengers is going to hurt both their legacies. Too bad they didn't come along during the days of Tyson, Lennox (though Vitali DID fight Lennox, but it was rather inconclusive), Holyfield, Bowe, etc. No fault of their own, and they probably would've done rather nicely against these opponents. But when you talk "top 10 all time", that's a LOT of ground to cover. And BOTH of them? I think it's kind of a stretch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how many rounds has vitali lost in his career?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I think the general lack of worthy challengers is going to hurt both their legacies. Too bad they didn't come along during the days of Tyson, Lennox (though Vitali DID fight Lennox, but it was rather inconclusive), Holyfield, Bowe, etc. No fault of their own, and they probably would've done rather nicely against these opponents. But when you talk "top 10 all time", that's a LOT of ground to cover. And BOTH of them? I think it's kind of a stretch.
    The way the division is going I think people will be able to look back on this era and see that not only did the Klitschko's fight and beat the best heavyweights out there but their competition wasn't so horrible. I mean certainly there are some poor fighters on there but they had some dangerous fights....or fights that were considered dangerous at the time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

The way the division is going I think people will be able to look back on this era and see that not only did the Klitschko's fight and beat the best heavyweights out there but their competition wasn't so horrible. I mean certainly there are some poor fighters on there but they had some dangerous fights....or fights that were considered dangerous at the time.

Wlad hasn't been truly tested. I mean rea-a-a-a-a-ally tested. He suffered two early KO's, where he developed a rap for a glass chin, and after that..... nothing. Boxers come in pawing, hiding.... just looking not to get KTFO'ed. As I've said before, something most great fighters have in common is the EPIC fight. Ali has his Frazier. Leonard had his Hearns. Who does Wlad have? Who has pushed Wlad to the limit? Where he's had to show resourcefulness and dig down a little deep? What are Wlad's memorable fights?

I'm sorry... I truly respect your opinion. But when you say their competition wasn't "so horrible".... that's where we kinda disagree. Some have come in with a bit of fanfare, then have truly disappointed. It's maddening. For the Klitschko's sake, I hope someone comes along soon that will take the brothers to a whole new level. THEN they can take their place among history's HW top 10 p4p.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The top of this era not in the ten of all time...It really has nothing to do with skill, wise either but comp wise....Sorry to disappoint and mind you I am a fan of both brothers perhaps Wlad a little more but .....To put them in the company of guys like Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Tyson, Holmes etc is a bit unfair to those guys....wins over guys Byrd, Peters, Brock do not compare to the guys that beat the other ATH hwts and reigned in such dominate eras or had such a special style to them they can not be mimicked
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This definition will appear in a boxing almanac when talking about the era of HW boxing in which they both participated...

The Klitschko Effect
    [thuh-clee-itsh-co e-fekt] - A strange phenomenon in the Heavyweight division of boxing where a fighter previously considered world class and or top rated, is immediately demoted to the status of "bum" or "worthless" upon losing to Vitaly or Wladimir Klitschko. (ex. Byrd, Lamon, Hide, Arreola, Brock, Chambers, Chagaev, Mahone, Gomez, Johnson, Ibragimov & Peter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This definition will appear in a boxing almanac when talking about the era of HW boxing in which they both participated...

The Klitschko Effect
    [thuh-clee-itsh-co e-fekt] - A strange phenomenon in the Heavyweight division of boxing where a fighter previously considered world class and or top rated, is immediately demoted to the status of "bum" or "worthless" upon losing to Vitaly or Wladimir Klitschko. (ex. Byrd, Lamon, Hide, Arreola, Brock, Chambers, Chagaev, Mahone, Gomez, Johnson, Ibragimov & Peter)

Ha ha very funny.....Very true as well
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

Wlad hasn't been truly tested. I mean rea-a-a-a-a-ally tested. He suffered two early KO's, where he developed a rap for a glass chin, and after that..... nothing. Boxers come in pawing, hiding.... just looking not to get KTFO'ed. As I've said before, something most great fighters have in common is the EPIC fight. Ali has his Frazier. Leonard had his Hearns. Who does Wlad have? Who has pushed Wlad to the limit? Where he's had to show resourcefulness and dig down a little deep? What are Wlad's memorable fights?

I'm sorry... I truly respect your opinion. But when you say their competition wasn't "so horrible".... that's where we kinda disagree. Some have come in with a bit of fanfare, then have truly disappointed. It's maddening. For the Klitschko's sake, I hope someone comes along soon that will take the brothers to a whole new level. THEN they can take their place among history's HW top 10 p4p.
    OK Point #1 When Wlad was considered "done" after shock losses to long time underacheivers Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewsterand when he even had trouble and was knocked down vs DaVaryl Williamson what did he do? He went after the most dangerous heavyweight in the division at the time. Sam Peter didn't come in pawing and hiding he came after Wlad those are FACTS. What slowed Sam Peter down was Wlad's power and when Wlad was hurt he did the right thing and tied up. But You cannot tell me Wlad didn't test himself with the best opponent out there or that he wasn't tested during that fight.

Point #2 After the Corrie Sanders and (more importantly the) Lamon Brewster fights people said "The best way to beat Wlad is to pour the pressure on him" and it was only after the first Sam Peter fight and the Chris Byrd rematch when fighters started to second guess that idea as those two were beaten senseless.

Point #3 Wlad has earned a reputation for being "boring" because he held vs Sam Peter (which won him the fight and helped him regain much needed confidence), he held vs Sultan Ibragimov (the first dangerous southpaw he fought since Sanders and really Sultan initiated a lot of those clenches and was only trying to survive), and because he didn't step on the gas vs Chagaev to end the fight sooner. I've been telling anyone that will listen that Manny Steward had the same issues with Lennox Lewis that he now has with Wladimir and it's mainly a problem of perception. Right now Manny and Wlad know they are head and shoulders above the rest of the division and although Sam Peter took a massive beating in the rematch you (well I saw) saw Wlad throw power punches sooner, throw combinations, and go for a knockout. I think Wlad will continue this and will become an exciting fighter though his competition will not give a solid effort vs him and that my friend is the real trouble.

Thread Information