Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Movie scenes that make grown men cry

Now I'm a double hard bastard but this past week I have caught scenes from two classics that always choke me - Field of Dreams and just last night Armageddon. There are only a handful that do so this has probably been the gayest week of my life

So here they are along with a few others where I think its ok for guys to shed a tear - anyone else got any, am sure you have.

in no particular order....

1) Field of Dreams : Costner plays catch with his old man

2) Armageddon : the Brucemeister makes his sacrifice speech, but its afterwards when flying back with the world saved that Michael Clarke Duncan's character looks out window and says " yo Harry, you da man" that gets me

3) Rocky : Round 14 , need I say more "what is keeping him up Bill ?" , "down down stay down". Rocky disobeys Mick's orders and scrambles back up as Adrian comes out of dressing room. He waves a disbelieveing Creed back in

4) Rudy : the end scene where he finally takes the field for the last 10 seconds, then makes that tackle and is carried off by his team mates

5) Backdraft : "look at him - thats my brother goddamnit "
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Movie scenes that make grown men cry

Bambi, and ET.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Now I'm a double hard bastard but this past week I have caught scenes from two classics that always choke me - Field of Dreams and just last night Armageddon. There are only a handful that do so this has probably been the gayest week of my life

So here they are along with a few others where I think its ok for guys to shed a tear - anyone else got any, am sure you have.

2) Armageddon : the Brucemeister makes his sacrifice speech, but its afterwards when flying back with the world saved that Michael Clarke Duncan's character looks out window and says " yo Harry, you da man" that gets me

3) Rocky : Round 14 , need I say more "what is keeping him up Bill ?" , "down down stay down". Rocky disobeys Mick's orders and scrambles back up as Adrian comes out of dressing room. He waves a disbelieveing Creed back in

4) Rudy : the end scene where he finally takes the field for the last 10 seconds, then makes that tackle and is carried off by his team mates

Also -

“Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Air Force, ma'am. Requesting permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met.”

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post

Also -

“Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Air Force, ma'am. Requesting permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met.”
    fucking hell, thats the corniest thing I've heard. Makes me cringe.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am too hard to cry in any movie accept Toy Story 3.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Old Yeller as a kid.

As adult, Waterworld. Fucking $11 down the drain. What a piece of shit movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Am Sam (his effort despite of his illness)

Killing Fields (when they both got reunited)

Pursuit Of Happiness is a good one too (the spiderman doll scene with his kid)

Short Circuit (I don't know which part). When they destroyed and took him apart.
    Last edited by :::PSL:::; 02-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post

Also -

LOL yeah coz you still a bit weakened by the guy giving up his life for the other guy, so this one gets ya too...

Number 2 and number 4 on your list are the ones I was going to mention...

I just find in general the girly stuff that girls cry over does nothing for me.... When blokes really give up something or risk it all to save others, that hits you a bit harder coz as a guy you kinda know what it means to do that for someone type thing...

This will probably receive several more cringes, but the Notebook when they both die together in the bed at the end is a bit, you know...

I'm sure there is a few more but I can't think of any right now...

This is a bit off topic of movie but end of Season 5 of Supernatural for me because that has been my favorite show of all time and I have an incredible affinity with the characters and associate myself a lot with the stuff that goes on, and it has a pretty awesome ending... and at the time I thought that was it and i'd never see supernatural again so that got me too....

GAYYYYYYY
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh got another one....

Saving Private Ryan at the end...

I think also Good Will Hunting, but maybe that is just the character cries... I know it's an emotional scene though.. when Robin Williams gets through to him..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

E.T. always gets me. That's a real heart tugger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One that is always talked about in this respect but I have never personally seen myself is Brian's Song..? anyone seen that?

Final one I can think of is Jerry Mcguire,,, when the guy gets the touchdown near the end and you think he's hurt but he's all good and they win.... Not all that "you complete me" garbage...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, its not a movie, and I've mentioned it on an old thread, but the Fresh Prince when Will's real dad comes back but then goes again. The scene when Will realises he has gone makes me produce a little wail, like a whale dying.

ahh man, i just watched it again and it made me cry, just a manly tear or two. I must have abandonment issues.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Dizaster;947378]One that is always talked about in this respect but I have never personally seen myself is Brian's Song..? anyone seen that?

[QUOTE]

after i wrote this i googled the topic and found that Brian's Song seems to come up top a lot. I tend to think I am quite up on movies but this is one I had never heard of.

May have to check it out when I fancy another gay week ......

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    One that is always talked about in this respect but I have never personally seen myself is Brian's Song..? anyone seen that?

after i wrote this i googled the topic and found that Brian's Song seems to come up top a lot. I tend to think I am quite up on movies but this is one I had never heard of.

May have to check it out when I fancy another gay week

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post

May have to check it out when I fancy another gay week
    You fucked it twice Mark.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Thread Information