Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I hate my cleaning job...!

I'm just doing it part time after work two times a week, but seriously just hate it... Once I finish I feel really dirty.. I'm sweaty and my hands are filthy.. I've been picking up bins where people eat some of the most foul shit and just dump it raw into their bin... At the moment one of the places, a big car showroom with offices, is totally infested with crickets/roaches/locusts.
    Tonight when I got in there, 10 seconds in a cricket flew straight into my eye about 100 miles an hour.. It felt like someone flicked my eyeball...
    It just makes me so angry cleaning up other people's mess.. Adults...

The very worst part though, is this one "professional" office that has about 45 workers... They have a dishwasher, and signs up all over the kitchen/eating area saying it needs to be emptied and filled twice a day..
    But we always get in and it's totally full with dirty shit.. OR, half full with clean stuff, and people have just opened it and instead of unloading, just put their dirty shit in there...

The signs also say "There is no kitchen roster, if you make a mess, you clean it!! If you have dirty dishes, RINSE THEM and dry them.. Or RINSE THEM and put them in the dish washer.... Or if the dishwasher is full, RINSE THEM and cleave them on the sink to be washed, dried, and put away by the cleaners (me)...

But no one does that... There was one manager who had made a complaint that her and a managers coffee mug hadn't been collected from her desk at the end of the day.. "ever"... We know that the other cleaners who clean 3 nights a week weren't collecting them,,, but that cleaner who is a big shit talker got in first and said how wonderful they are and how "anal" and basically we got the blame...

But it got worse from there... My guess is this manager told the whole office that it's the cleaners responsibility to get mugs and stuff of desks at the end of the day,,,, so basically EVERYONE is leaving stuff on their desk...

One desk actually had FOUR mugs on their desk... Which means they finished 3 coffee's during the day, and instead of taking that mug back to the kitchen to get another one, they just left them there and got a new one... Fucken adults!!

But it gets worse... A lot of people have a bowl with cereal or oats or porridge for breakfast in the morning, and they don't even rinse THOSE out... They just leave them on the desk the whole day.. With bits of food and fruit going crusty hard on the bowls.. What would be a 5 second rinse under the water when they finish, turns into a 3 minute soak and 1 minute scrub for me to get their shit clean....

And it's fucken filthy cleaning up other people's food left overs.. Same goes for coffee mugs.. It's easy to rinse out the last bit of coffee at the bottom of a mug when you finished, but after it's sat there all day, it gets hard and you need to really give it a good clean...

GODDDDD it makes me mad... I too work in a professional office.. And if anyone there left a filthy bowl on their desk,,, it will stay there.. It will get cob webs on it before an office cleaner is obligated to clean in..

Yet because one dumb middle management bitch cracked the shits because she can't even read her own fucken office's sign saying rinse your own dishes, we now have to make sure we pick up at least 60 mugs, and about 15 filthy breakfast bowls from people's desks every night..

And not one of them can we even put in the overloaded with filthy shit dishwasher...

Don't even get me started on what a state these "professional" "ADULTS" leave the toilets and toilet bowls in...

I'll tell you, one of THEEEEEE single most disappointing moments of my life, was when I realised that adults aren't what your parents made them out to be.. You get brought up being convinced kids do the wrong thing, and are messy, and don't pick up their toys, and are immature, and think they know everything, and need to be told everyone 100 times....
    But not adults.. They are all responsible and do everything right and we should respect and look up to them..

But then you get that point when you realize adults are nothing more than big spoilt babies.. They will leave any sort of mess that they possibly can if they feel like someone else will come along and clean it up... They do for themselves first and not worry about other people...

It actually makes me angry when I think just how much respect I had for adults, only to realize it's a complete facade...

I really want to have respect and look up to other adults and think the best of them.. and think they are everything I was brought up to think,,,, and everything that I thought was expected of me... But it just leads to enormous dissapointment...

Bring back capital punishment to teach all these giant babies how to behave and act BEFORE they become 30 year olds who are happy to leave a giant shit stain down a toilet bowl and their breakfast spread out all over their company desk and coffee half dranken just left to grow mold on it...

Rant over... but not forgotten..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I hate my cleaning job...!

God dam it, thats bad, I would resign and get a bar job mate.

I do understand your frustrations tho, the office i work has about 50-60 peeps, and the shit the communal kitchen gets left in is a disgrace, what so f'kin hard in putting ya used pots in the bloody dishwasher, or flushing the friggin toilet when ya finished, that really pisses me off summit rotten, dirty bastards dont flush or wash then wonder why people in the office keep getting bug's and the flu and shit !!
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 nights a week after doing your actual job?

Got to admit you kind of lost me after the first few sentances... but if you hate it that much and it's only giving you a small suppliment to your income then it's probably not worth doing unless you literally live penny to penny.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cleaning is for women! But more seriously, I don't know how you can put yourself through that. You work all day and then jump into that, it just doesn't sound worth it to me. You should make your girlfriend do it so that you can then stay home drinking a quiet beer and playing on your Playstation like any respectable gentleman.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles who are you trying to kid? Your Mrs would kick the piss out of you.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Miles who are you trying to kid? Your Mrs would kick the piss out of you.

To be fair, I do very little work around the house. My sole job is cleaning the bathroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would drive me mad!! My job is to care for ppl and I'll get that there too ! Family come over make a roast leave the dishes for me under no circumstance are we supposed to perform domestic chores ! But once the family piss off home there is no one to do it ! Even night carers leave shit in the sink for me the next morning !!!! They obviously think they are above you ! Lazy, trampy bas@&rds !!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight View Post
    That would drive me mad!! My job is to care for ppl and I'll get that there too ! Family come over make a roast leave the dishes for me under no circumstance are we supposed to perform domestic chores ! But once the family piss off home there is no one to do it ! Even night carers leave shit in the sink for me the next morning !!!! They obviously think they are above you ! Lazy, trampy bas@&rds !!
    Standard practice init. Doesnt matter what you do there are pisstakers in every job/walk of life.

They dump their shit on other people safe in the knowledge that someone else will give a shit where hey dont.

I was getting shat on in my last job, getting paid less than others then being expected to cover up cracks in their skills or lack of.

In the end I had to email my boss and tell him I wasnt doing it anymore. In his absence one of the people I was basically covering for had to have a one to one with me about it, that was interesting
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information