Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins and how?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Peter vs Robert Helenius 4-2-2011

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Sam Peter vs Robert Helenius 4-2-2011

Well this is quite interesting in my opinion. Sure Sam Peter may be heavily damaged after that last beating he took from Wladimir, but I for one am not sold on Helenius being all that great. Yes Helenius took out Lamon Brewster who was old and was also suffering after a devistating prolonged beat down from Wladimir, but I think Sam Peter is still a very live fighter and if he comes to fight in shape he can bull through Helenius. The fight will be held in Germany so I believe that will probably affect anyone who thinks Sam Peter would win a decision.

What are your views?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peters is another fat lazy pathetic excuse for a heavyweight...if this fight happens Peters will stick around for a few rounds and then look for the exit door...hope he gets paid well cause this will possibly b his last big pay check

job biscuit (another rubbish heavyweight)!!!

eh eh!!!

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Sam Peter vs Robert Helenius 4-2-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    Peters is another fat lazy pathetic excuse for a heavyweight...if this fight happens Peters will stick around for a few rounds and then look for the exit door...hope he gets paid well cause this will possibly b his last big pay check

job biscuit (another rubbish heavyweight)!!!

eh eh!!!
    Just because Wlad made it look easy to beat him and just because he quit vs Vitali, which IMO he redeemed himself from with his efforts vs Nagy Aguilera and vs Wlad who he tried hard to land punches on but he couldn't close distance.

He's not a bad fighter, yes he did suffer from being lazy in a few bouts, but I think he's still a serviceable heavyweight and he could earn another title shot if he keeps training hard and keeps his weight in the 235-241 range. I just think Helenius is a bit green and at 14 (9 KO)-0-0 with his biggest wins to date being vs an old one eyed Lamon Brewster who accused Helenius of loading his wraps and former Valuev punching bag Taras Bidenko I just don't see it being an easy fight.

Helenius is not always in phenomenal shape himself and say what you will about Sam Peter, the guy is durable.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really don't matter...all heavyweights should all get a reality check..most people couldn't give a toss about this pitiful division....i wish i could say the future is going to get bettet and the next coming of a Tyson or Lewis is going to ignite this once great division back to its full glory but i can't cause it aint...to be honest with u they should banish the division before it gets ignored by every one but fools will b fools and will go back for more and then complain they have been short changed.

job biscuit (thank god for the other weight divisions)!!!

eh eh!!!

El Kabong Guest

I don't complain about the division probably because I don't rest all my hopes on it to "bring boxing back". There are good fights and bad fights in all weight classes and no division takes more shit than the heavyweights...some of it is deserved but a lot of it isn't.

Sam Peter-Robert Helenius is a crossroads matchup, both fighters have a lot to lose and a lot to gain. Sam Peter is trending down, he's older, he's been beaten convincingly by top fighters, and Helenius is trending upwards he's 27, he's unbeaten, he hasn't really been tested, and I think he'll look to make a statement vs Sam Peter as opposed to just winning the fight which is where things can get exciting.

The big issue with the heavyweight division is that the entertaining fights aren't always on tv and the intriguing matchups don't always live up to the hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helenius has been presented by some people as possibly the next big thing, but i don't see something special about him. If Sam Peter comes in at around 240 pounds and motivated he wins this one by KO.

El Kabong Guest

After having looked at a few clips of Helenius I think I've got him pegged. He's extremely upright, he looks a bit soft around the middle, he's robotic, he's got a good jab, solid power, loves to throw a sweeping right hook to the body (that'll haunt him), he's got a good uppercut as well, and although he punches with power he seems to arm punch a little....the jab and occasionally the right cross seem to have snap on them but other than that he's pushing his punches which tells me if he gets someone that can apply constat pressure and either has good defense or a good chin he's going to gas out and lose.

The more I've seen of Helenius the more I think Sam Peter can take him, but Sam is going to have to be in shape and he's going to have to want to win, Helenius won't just lie down for him.

There is a chance if Peter unloads a left hook at the right time that we'll see a Jeremy Williams-esque KO in Sam Peter's favor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who necks?

Who necks to kick his ass? I think Helenius.

El Kabong Guest

Have you seen Helenius or do you think he'll win just because you think Sam Peter is washed up?

Sam Peter COULD very well be washed up but I think even if he is he's in better shape than Brewster was when he fought Helenius and it will be a hard fight for him.

Helenius really doesn't impress me at all having seen him on youtube...his punches aren't crisp, his defense seems lackluster.....it looks like everyone he fights is there for a paycheck and not to compete.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well this is quite interesting in my opinion. Sure Sam Peter may be heavily damaged after that last beating he took from Wladimir, but I for one am not sold on Helenius being all that great. Yes Helenius took out Lamon Brewster who was old and was also suffering after a devistating prolonged beat down from Wladimir, but I think Sam Peter is still a very live fighter and if he comes to fight in shape he can bull through Helenius. The fight will be held in Germany so I believe that will probably affect anyone who thinks Sam Peter would win a decision.

What are your views?
    Boy you are on a one man crusade to hype up Sam Peter in order to make Wlad's wins over him look better aren't ya ? You crazy son of a bitch...
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Sam Peter is pretty bad as far as boxing skills go, he may have power, but he has trouble getting inside on tall guys. Helenius has power as well and reach on him. Peter just comes in with his head up in the air asking you to jab him in the face. Little to no upper body movement, and he gets tired mid rounds. After about the 5th or 6th all you see from him is pawing jab, and then he tries to throw one big shot and usually misses. He does alright against smaller guys. I still cant believe he knocked down Wlad 3 times in that first fight. His most impressive win to me was Jameel McCline, he probably would have lost that if McCline didnt gas out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I think Sam Peter is pretty bad as far as boxing skills go, he may have power, but he has trouble getting inside on tall guys. Helenius has power as well and reach on him. Peter just comes in with his head up in the air asking you to jab him in the face. Little to no upper body movement, and he gets tired mid rounds. After about the 5th or 6th all you see from him is pawing jab, and then he tries to throw one big shot and usually misses. He does alright against smaller guys. I still cant believe he knocked down Wlad 3 times in that first fight. His most impressive win to me was Jameel McCline, he probably would have lost that if McCline didnt gas out.
    most those knockdowns on Wlad came from shots behind the head so not so shocking, and IMO the Maskaev win was a lot more of a big win than McCline

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got knocked down three times against McCline, and came back to win, thats a lil more impressive than knocking out a guy known for having a weak chin. 7 losses 7 k.o.'s and look who else has knocked him out....Nagy Aguilera, Lance Whitaker, Corey Sanders(not the one who knocked out Wlad the 350lb whale one).

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

What are your views?
    Boy you are on a one man crusade to hype up Sam Peter in order to make Wlad's wins over him look better aren't ya ? You crazy son of a bitch...
    Haha, nah I'm not hyping Sam Peter but I do respect him because like him or not when he was offered fights vs the Klitschko's he took them and he tried albeit he didn't do so well.

The reason I think Sam Peter can win is because I think Helenius is garbage. Watch him and tell me he's "the next big thing"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

What are your views?
    Haha, nah I'm not hyping Sam Peter but I do respect him because like him or not when he was offered fights vs the Klitschko's he took them and he tried albeit he didn't do so well.

The reason I think Sam Peter can win is because I think Helenius is garbage. Watch him and tell me he's "the next big thing"
    I used to like Sam Peter, he looked great against James Toney in their rematch. Showed good poise and boxing ability. But against Maskeav he looked like shit, and in most matches since he has looked like shit. He did not put up a good effort agianst Vitali, but I'll agree against Wlad he showed great heart.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information