Who wins and why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Foreman vs Alvarez @ 154?

Foreman is slick but hittable and hurtable If Saul lands he'll do major damage but if Yuri manages to keep Saul at bay and uses his jabs and straights and not get hit squarely Yuri might just pull it off. Yuri beating Daniel Santos impressed me a lot.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik - I got Foreman over Alvarez at the moment but I think Alvarez will improve and would beat down Foreman. The sooner they fight the better for Foreman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An easy win for Alvarez by stoppage. From what I'vs seen of Foreman in his last two outing's he is nothing special. Can't punch, boxes good but no where near where he could upset Alvarez. I am not sold on Alvarez yet but Foreman I just don't think is that good.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is curious to me that Alvarez is taken so seriously. I don't know a thing about Foreman, and only took the time to watch Alvarez to be conversant here..but he ain't much. He really doesn't look good at all and it has nothing to do with his age. By 20 he should be on top of his game. Watch Chavez or Barrera at 20. With Alvarez, I don't see any skill but punching power and, against a tough determined guy like Hatton, he didn't show any smarts that allow you to time a guy and hurt him.
    Which isn't to say that I think Foreman can beat him, because I've never seen Foreman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see how Foreman looks coming back from that knee injury. With that being said i think Alvarez might edge him out...maybe, i'm not sure.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit. As a fighter I really like Foreman. Showed me some serious brass balls vs Cotto when lesser fighters may have turned the back given the situation. He had some moments but once the knee went he turned brawler and the clock started ticking. Ooops. Hope knee is 100% as that's a serious handicap for any fighter, let alone a pure mobile boxer throwing golfballs. He'll have a face first opponent Sat and should answer some questions.

I have a serious 'wait & see' vibe with Canelo. He fell into predictable patterns once Hatton didn't fold up. If any type will baffle him it's mobile boxers with fast hands and good combos, solid chin and level head required as well. If Hatton can land 3 punch volleys and turn out I sure as shit can see Foreman pulling it off, 12 rounds is a lifetime though and Alvarezs body work will be very taxing. Foreman is not a softy and can lower his head, literally, and get gritty if need be. But that knee, I just think Foreman may not recover totally, be slowed a step. You can't punch a guy in the knee but you can tie up and twist him, turn him and make him work it into problems. I'm waiting 24 hrs to see how Foreman moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, but I see Alvarez putting a beat down on foreman. Main reason is foremans lack of power. I am not one of these people underating alvarez after the matthew hatton fight. Hatton came to fight that night and put up a damn good show, and still Alvarez won nearly every round. If Alvarez keeps his feet on the ground the man is goin to be frightening in a few years, he's still a boy. And yes even at this age I think he smashes foreman up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll see how Foreman does tomorrow. I am not going to buy that PPV. Actually I dont think that should be PPV. We just had Donaire vs Montiel for free but this is PPV Anyways I am more interested in seeing Foreman tomorrow than Cotto beating up Mayorga.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez blasts him out in inside of 3. If you can't hurt Alvarez you can't beat him. Foreman can't hurt him.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Alvarez blasts him out in inside of 3. If you can't hurt Alvarez you can't beat him. Foreman can't hurt him.
    I don't think he gets him that early, i think Yuri Foreman can mess him about a bit with his movement. But i do think Saul Alvarez walks him down and stops him similar to how Miguel Cotto did.

Yuri Foreman actually has underrated power, believe it or not when he sat down on his punches it had an effect on Daniel Santos. But the trouble is he's constantly on his toes moving around the ring throwing arm punches.

He's getting no power in his punches, and a good pressure fighter can walk him down and walkthrough his punches.

He'd be better served to either learn to get more power while being on the backfoot, or improving his inside game and learn to stand his ground and fight more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I don't think he gets him that early, i think Yuri Foreman can mess him about a bit with his movement. But i do think Saul Alvarez walks him down and stops him similar to how Miguel Cotto did.

Yuri Foreman actually has underrated power, believe it or not when he sat down on his punches it had an effect on Daniel Santos. But the trouble is he's constantly on his toes moving around the ring throwing arm punches.

He's getting no power in his punches, and a good pressure fighter can walk him down and walkthrough his punches.

He'd be better served to either learn to get more power while being on the backfoot, or improving his inside game and learn to stand his ground and fight more.
    I think Yuri will do even better than that. Yuri took some shots from Cotto I am pretty sure he can take shots from Alvarez too. I am not saying he is better and would win but I think Yuri takes it 12 rounds. Hatton did I think Yuri will too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So did the Foreman hype end already?
    He is supposedly a great technical boxer. It was obvious how Wolak would fight and yet that didn't help him a bit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i actually believe him that his head wasn't in the fight, he looked off from the get go, i think he can come back strong he just needs to get his shit in order, but honestly it's hard not to like Foreman the guy is so humble and such a nice likable person a real class act, i just hope he comes back with fire and does well, if he chooses to retire well good luck in whatever path he chooses

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love how he put it...."I was mushy tonight" and thats before Wolak started tenderizing his back and ribs. I like the dude but holyshit he looked too beefed up, and hands were practially motionless, jab was non existent. He looked like guy stuck in between styles and props to Wolak for not having any of it...he owned him. Still think Foreman is a fine boxer, knee looked fine but as Alex Garcia said....somenights you eat a steak and somenights you just eat cheese

Thread Information