Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How can I find a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Jesus christ, I assumed this was a new thread made as a joke. @Gandalf why on earth did you leave, posting here might be the only way for you.
    I leave because at times I get too busy with grading and want to get on with life. You say yourself some of the arguments here are a waste of time and I agree.

You have to put threads like this into context though. I have lived in several cities in my time overseas and a new job in a new town is often difficult. You don't know anybody and if like me you don't even socialize through a bar environment which most people do then it is different. It is very different to Sam Jones in his hometown around the same old faces he has always been around. I recently did it again having been at my old place for 4 years, having built up a solid group of friends, and then decided that I needed a new job and thus went on my travels a further 2 hours drive away. Thus you have to start all over again. In a way it keeps things fresh and interesting, but inevitably there will be a rootlessness and some loneliness too. I really was the most sociable creature you could ever have known in my early years here, but it was all based around going out. I am older and don't really like to drink. However, I have made a few new friends here and will go for coffee and talk politics and culture and occasionally will meet other friends from other towns, but mostly electronic communication due to time and distance. The truth is my very best friends have married and moved back to their home countries and that is the path most take.

And I a meant trolling in the nicest possible meaning of the word. Walrus, stop moaning. You have my email address and it is only your idleness stopping you from sending me any more of those pictures.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How can I find a friend?

I read the first and last sentences because Im in no mood for a paragraph. All of the arguments here are a waste of time, there are better ways to spend it, you know this damn well.

Thread Information