I've been living in this new town for three weeks now and I realise that I miss good old fashioned company. I simply don't have any friends. It hasn't been so bad when the wife has been here because she usually just nags me and I am grateful to have someone to argue with (oh how I love to exagerate ), but this week she went to her sisters hospital as she has injured her ankle and next week will spend two final weeks finishing up her notice on her office job in the other city. It's Thursday and my weekend has already begun and whilst I could read a book or kill Zombies on the Playstation, I realise that I am starved of human companionship. It wouldn't be so bad if I was in my old city as I could just call someone up or just head out on my own as I know where people go, but I don't know anyone here. I was so bored that I even did the washing up earlier and that is just weird behaviour.

I wouldn't mind going out on my own to a quiet pub looking for conversation, but that's a bit scary considering that this is a small town and I teach young adults. Where do young adults spend their time? That's right, in the pub. It would be awful to have one of my students see me having a beer alone in a pub. I would look like a right sad old git. I could just spend all my time online annoying you lot and entertaining Bilbo, but likewise typing away on the internet is not the same as having a proper conversation with another human being. After all, a lot of you are shapeshifters and it isn't even clear if some of you are actual people.

So, a simple thread. How can I find a friend?