Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will wlad be stripped of his titles

By the way he is talking and his general negative attitude it is looking increasingly like wlad is going to pull out of the haye fight

if he does shouldnt he be stripped of his titles? chisora twice and haye once, wont have fought for 9+ months?

or at least an interim champion should be installed (even tho i dont agree with this idea, a fighter should be stripped until he can fight)

dont champions have to defend reasonably regularly?

what do you think? could it happen to the main guy in the division or would boxing politics take over?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will wlad be stripped of his titles

Not really bothered what happens to any of that shit to be honest. Its all mashed anyways. Only thing is I'll get some amusement reading the inevitable defensive post from Lyle as to why its ok for Wladimir Klitschko to pull out of a fight with David Haye. Can't wait for it. I'm certainly going to have a good chuckle, thats if he pulls out that is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you'd only wish he would get stripped haha when was the last time Haye fought a mandatory? wasn't it Ruiz? and that was nearly a year ago, cause you know damn well Harrison wasn't a mandatory

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    you'd only wish he would get stripped haha when was the last time Haye fought a mandatory? wasn't it Ruiz? and that was nearly a year ago, cause you know damn well Harrison wasn't a mandatory

its probably best not to turn this into another haye v wlad thread

we are talking about the heavyweight champ of the world not fighting for more than 9 months

IMO if he pulls out he should be stripped

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

we are talking about the heavyweight champ of the world not fighting for more than 9 months

I'm almost positive that Sam Peter was a mandatory fight and I'm pretty sure that Wlad has been fighting his mandatories on time. Wlad holds the WBO and the IBF belts and Haye holds the WBA belt. The Haye fight is actually a unification title fight and not a mandatory at all. Therefore, Wlad will not be stripped if he has to back out of the Haye fight due to injuries. The more reasonable question is would Wlad be stripped if he backed out of the Chisora fight again. I'm not sure when that would become an issue though because like I said he has basically been fighting his mandatories for some time now. In fact, Haye would be his first fight that wasn't within the parameters of the WBO/IBF organizations. It's sanctioning bodies title belt crap bs anyway. If you really wanted to be cynical though, the WBO and IBF would give Wlad so many passes on mandatories just to keep him paying sanctioning fees whenever he fights that it wouldn't matter anyway.

At the end of the day, setting aside the sanctioning oranizations bs, Wlad is the #1 ranked heavyweight and it would be great if he fought the #3 ranked heavyweight in Haye, but if he doesn't, and his brother does, that's a good fight too.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

of course you do haha cause that's the only way Haye will win either Klitschko's titles, luckily he's not going to pull out, and it has been 6 months since his last fight, he fought September 11th and against better opposition than Haye's last fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he won't and he shouldn't

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won't, but I'm convinced we won't see Haye vs Wlad. Vitali is going to be the one

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

of course you do haha cause that's the only way Haye will win either Klitschko's titles, luckily he's not going to pull out, and it has been 6 months since his last fight, he fought September 11th and against better opposition than Haye's last fight
    if he pulls out of the haye fight it will be 9+ months dude, and considering he will have to take time to recover further

when was the last time the hw champ didnt fight for that long?

im not bothered who has the titles, give them some other fat bum if you want, my question has nothing to do with haye

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
    why not?

9 months without a fight, could even push towards a year?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
    why not?

9 months without a fight, could even push towards a year?
    Per the WBO, Wlad has 12 months to defend his title against a mandatory challenger, but as always, the WBO has the ability to grant an exception to that time frame.

http://www.ibf-usba-boxing.com/userfiles/File/RulesGoverningChampionshipContestsEffectiveSeptemb er1_2006with10_21_10amendments.pdf The IBF also gives Wlad 12 months to defend his title against the mandatory challenger. The IBF does not mention any possibility of exception.

It's been six months since his mandatory defense against Sam Peter so that means he has another six months to defend it against a mandatory. Given the WBO's rules regarding exceptions, because of injuries, he may be permitted more time than that. One more thing, I'm pretty sure there are exceptions for unification fights (e.g. with David Haye). I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Per the WBO, Wlad has 12 months to defend his title against a mandatory challenger, but as always, the WBO has the ability to grant an exception to that time frame.

http://www.ibf-usba-boxing.com/userfiles/File/RulesGoverningChampionshipContestsEffectiveSeptemb er1_2006with10_21_10amendments.pdf The IBF also gives Wlad 12 months to defend his title against the mandatory challenger. The IBF does not mention any possibility of exception.

It's been six months since his mandatory defense against Sam Peter so that means he has another six months to defend it against a mandatory. Given the WBO's rules regarding exceptions, because of injuries, he may be permitted more time than that. One more thing, I'm pretty sure there are exceptions for unification fights (e.g. with David Haye). I hope this helps.
    i am sure there are exceptions

so the champ only has to fight once a year?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

i am sure there are exceptions

so the champ only has to fight once a year?
    That is what it appears. For non-heavyweights, it is every 9 months.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he won't and shouldn't. He has apparently (according to the Mirror) said he is starting training in the next couple of weeks anyway. But even if he did pull out he is the HW champ IMO and luckily his main belt is the IBF who to me seem to be the most sensible when it comes to stripping fighters. They were the only body that kept Kostya Tszyu as their champion when he was out GENUINELY injured for some time and the WBA and WBC both stripped him. If he had no intention of fighting fair enough, but if an injury is genuine I don't like to see a legit champ stripped.

Thread Information