Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maidana/Morales

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Maidana/Morales

I haven't seen the fight, but supposedly a washed up Erik Morales deserved to beat Marcos Maidana ? i've never really thought much of Marcos Maidana's skills, but he is a heck of a tough fighter.

So was Erik Morales robbed out of another win like against David Diaz ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maidana/Morales

No robbery IMO. Could have gone either way by a point and a draw wouldn't have been an unfair shout for me. Not quite sure what this says about the 140 division. Morales still throws beautiful faints and has some lovely combination punching still too. Surprised the hell out of me I was sure he would get smoked no problem. Eatin my words right now as we speak, will some hot sauce.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robbery? What a surprise ()

Maidana won a close-ish fight fair and square. I had it about 8-4 Maidana. Some close swing rounds though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Maidana won a close-ish fight fair and square. I had it about 8-4 Maidana. Some close swing rounds though.
    I've been hearing Erik Morales won 8 rounds to 4, but it probably will be alot closer when i see it. Was it a good fight action wise ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I've been hearing Erik Morales won 8 rounds to 4, but it probably will be alot closer when i see it. Was it a good fight action wise ?
    Yes it was. Anyone scoring it 8-4 for Morales did so with rose-tinted glasses for the old boy. That's a joke.

If Morales won, he did so by the skin of his teeth. But i seriously disagree with Morales winning.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think 8-4 Maidana is ridiculous as well, i had Morales winning by one round so easily could see it a draw or Maidana winning a very close decision due to him winning the last 2 rounds, either way Morales should hold his head up high and know that he showed why he'll go down as one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana won the fight some of the rounds were close but Maidana just did enough to win them imo. Morales put up a hell of a fight even fighting with more or less 1 eye from round 1 onwards due to swelling.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    i think 8-4 Maidana is ridiculous as well, i had Morales winning by one round so easily could see it a draw or Maidana winning a very close decision due to him winning the last 2 rounds, either way Morales should hold his head up high and know that he showed why he'll go down as one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport
    I didn't score it round by round. I generally felt is was about 8-4 Maidana.

With just the one viewing - I can clearly remember thinking Maidana definitively won rounds - 1,3,9,11,12. Morales definitively won round 8.

That's 5 rounds to 1 to Maidana. The other six rounds were 50/50 or Morales rounds. So the only way Morales won the fight is if you favour him in all the close rounds. That's what the SKY commentators did

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I correct u all!!! Morales lost a close decision with one eye?? Come on he deserves a rematch
    Cunts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With just the one viewing - I can clearly remember thinking Maidana definitively won rounds - 1,3,9,11,12. Morales definitively won round 8.

That's 5 rounds to 1 to Maidana. The other six rounds were 50/50 or Morales rounds. So the only way Morales won the fight is if you favour him in all the close rounds. That's what the SKY commentators did
    i personally thought that Morales won the 3rd, i had Maidana winning rounds 1 and 2, then he fizzled out a bit from the 5th till the 8th and yea i had Morales taking a clean sweep of those rounds

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i personally thought that Morales won the 3rd, i had Maidana winning rounds 1 and 2, then he fizzled out a bit from the 5th till the 8th and yea i had Morales taking a clean sweep of those rounds
    Funny old game this scoring lark. I'm not sure Maidana clearly won the 2nd. I'm certain Maidana didn't lose all through 5-8 (well maybe if they were close). He definitely lost 8. But either 6 or 7 i'm sure Maidana bossed the majority of the round before Morales finished with an eye catching last 30 secs. I'm sure of this because I laughed when the commentator said - "a Morales round"

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Morales lost the last two rounds I figured he would get a draw, because I had him up by two after ten, which suprised me. I hadn't been keeping a round by round score but I thought Morales was winning fairly clearly so I was suprised to find I had him only up two.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't score it RBR either, but I think it was probably about 7-5 to Maidana. It was the best version of Morales we have seen for a long time, but still a complete shadow.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales in a close fight. Erik preserved his legs which is something I thought he could not do and it was pretty obvious to me that Maidana did not prepare. He was breathing out of his mouth by round three.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny old game this scoring lark. I'm not sure Maidana clearly won the 2nd. I'm certain Maidana didn't lose all through 5-8 (well maybe if they were close). He definitely lost 8. But either 6 or 7 i'm sure Maidana bossed the majority of the round before Morales finished with an eye catching last 30 secs. I'm sure of this because I laughed when the commentator said - "a Morales round"
    i'm sure we can agree it was a very close fight, that it could have gone either way, and merits a rematch

Thread Information