Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Video Game Athletes of All Time - who is yours ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Best Video Game Athletes of All Time - who is yours ?

Having eventually beaten Isaac Frost on FN Champion I was thinking how difficult he was to play against. One of the most formidable opponents I have come across in a sports video game.

So i googled the subject and it's amazing how many lists have been compiled out there on the topic - Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson Punch Out seems to crop up a lot on SNES !

Anyway for me the greatest video game athlete of all time is Jeremy Roenick in NHL 93 on the mega drive. This guy was formidable to play against and lethal when you had him in your team. Get the ball in defence and simply weave your way towards opponents goal and slot it to the right ! (well that was my favourite move with him anyway)

The Top Ten Athletes In Videogame History - Sports Feature at IGN

I alo give a notable mention to Ivan Drago in Rocky on the Sega Master System (though he was easy if you could manage to average 7 hits per second on the speedgbag in the training session before )

and also a mention for S Screech who wasn't a player but the harshest ref in football history on Kick Off 2 on the Amiga. Many a time I would finish a game with 9 men due to that bastard
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best Video Game Athletes of All Time - who is yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    and also a mention for S Screech who wasn't a player but the harshest ref in football history on Kick Off 2 on the Amiga. Many a time I would finish a game with 9 men due to that bastard

Absolute classic ! so many memories of that game, how the hell ya remembered his name is beyond me, but I know exactly what/who ya talking about !!
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember the old Track and Field arcade game? Little Indian guy, you didn't beat him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Akuma in super street fighter 2 hd remix. You had to beat all the characters without losing to get to akuma and the he would rape you over and over.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Remember the old Track and Field arcade game? Little Indian guy, you didn't beat him!
    The one for the power pad or the lame one I whupped the powerpad version's ass....dash and hurdles!

I nominate all of the wrestlers from Nintendo's Pro Wrestling game...awesome game

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The one for the power pad or the lame one I whupped the powerpad version's ass....dash and hurdles!

I nominate all of the wrestlers from Nintendo's Pro Wrestling game...awesome game
    Right the huge button? Tried everything, even putting a pencil between fingers, using a coin ?! All in the timing

I remember wwf superstars. Ultimate Warrior was difficult as all hell

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Right the huge button? Tried everything, even putting a pencil between fingers, using a coin ?! All in the timing

I remember wwf superstars. Ultimate Warrior was difficult as all hell
    It doesn't get better than "Wrasslin" games...I haven't followed wrestling in ages but I'll be damned if it's not fun to wail on somebody with a steel chair for a while to unwind from a hard day

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Swinging Hammer on level 2 of The Karate Kid for NES.

I used to hate that fucken level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daley Thompson in Daley Thompsons decathlon for the Spunktrum 48k (rubber keyboard)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post
    Daley Thompson in Daley Thompsons decathlon for the Spunktrum 48k (rubber keyboard)

Good old Speccy !!

Brought back memories of a game for me 'Way of The Exploding Fist'

Although the fighters were tough the bull that charged in the final bonus round was even tougher to beat, timing was key, if ya didnt time it right ya were fucked !
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkymagic View Post

Good old Speccy !!

Brought back memories of a game for me 'Way of The Exploding Fist'

Although the fighters were tough the bull that charged in the final bonus round was even tougher to beat, timing was key, if ya didnt time it right ya were fucked !
    Yeh I remeber playing 'Daley Thompson' and 'Track and Field' and banging fuck out of the keyboard for running events. The I got a 'quick shot 2' joystick and you had to wank it off to make the guys run - good times
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember using a sweatband if you found an arcade machine for Track and field where the two run buttons were side by side and the jumb above.

You simply slid your hand left to right (am good at that to this day....) and could easily fill all but two of the yellow running bars below. Never did quite manage to fill that second to last run bar completely
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I remember using a sweatband if you found an arcade machine for Track and field where the two run buttons were side by side and the jumb above.

You simply slid your hand left to right (am good at that to this day....) and could easily fill all but two of the yellow running bars below. Never did quite manage to fill that second to last run bar completely

Me and my mates used to go to the arcade every lunchtime when we were at school, to play Track and filed. Loved the long jump and high jump lol
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Classic Joypad Days !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information