Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward to ko froch in 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    my money is on froch

ward is made for him, exactly the fighter he likes
    Yeah he normally looks ace against tricky skillfull fighters

you are right, but he normally just looks ace anyway

but if there was sacrcasm in your voice and you are comparing ward to dirrell or taylor then its a completely different style
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love to see Froch beat Ward. Froch beat Abraham so easily because Arthur can't counterpunch.
    Froch is most susceptible when he faces a good counter puncher. I follow boxing closely but one fighter I know little about is Ward.

Froch is supremely confident and is mentally as good as any fighter today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it turns ugly then Froch's hands will go up but if Ward sticks and moves without giving Froch a chance to get involved then he gets the decision with a minimum amount of ugliness.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    If it turns ugly then Froch's hands will go up but if Ward sticks and moves without giving Froch a chance to get involved then he gets the decision with a minimum amount of ugliness.

So what you're saying is, this will be a ugly fight, hehehe, I agree. I can hear Froch's woman Rachael screaming, "he's worthless Carl!!" At least if the fight is Ugly we get to occasionally look at Rachael.

I don't care much for Froch's style, but I like Ward's even less, so i'll likely be pulling for Froch, like I said in an earlier post in this thread, the venue for this fight will determine who wins what should be a close decision, if the fight happens in California, Ward wins, if it's in the UK, Frock wins.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

So what you're saying is, this will be a ugly fight, hehehe, I agree. I can hear Froch's woman Rachael screaming, "he's worthless Carl!!" At least if the fight is Ugly we get to occasionally look at Rachael.

I don't care much for Froch's style, but I like Ward's even less, so i'll likely be pulling for Froch, like I said in an earlier post in this thread, the venue for this fight will determine who wins what should be a close decision, if the fight happens in California, Ward wins, if it's in the UK, Frock wins.
    It's set for Vegas.

Ward wins this fight. Ward smothers his opponents. He'll do it with Abraham and then he'll do it with Froch. It won't be a fun fight to watch, but it'll be an one-sided decision in favor of Ward.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

It's set for Vegas.

Ward wins this fight. Ward smothers his opponents. He'll do it with Abraham and then he'll do it with Froch. It won't be a fun fight to watch, but it'll be an one-sided decision in favor of Ward.
    Well of course first Ward will have to get by Abraham, which might not be all that easy. As for Froch vs Ward, I disagree that it will be a be "a one-sided decision in favor of Ward", Froch is not going to be a pushover for anybody, including Ward, I see this fight as a pick-'um that could go either way.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-19-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's set for Vegas.

Well of course first Ward will have to get by Abraham, which might not be all that easy. As for Froch vs Ward, I disagree that it will be a be "a one-sided decision in favor of Ward", Froch is not going to be a pushover for anybody, including Ward, I see this fight as a pick-'um that could go either way.
    If Froch beat Ward, I would really give him all the credit in the world, and he'd land in my top 10 p4p. No doubt about it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DogTheBountyHunter View Post
    Would love to see Froch beat Ward. Froch beat Abraham so easily because Arthur can't counterpunch.
    Froch is most susceptible when he faces a good counter puncher. I follow boxing closely but one fighter I know little about is Ward.

Excellent post. Abraham clearly can't counter-punch. Ward is like a young B-Hop.

Maybe once you've had a look at some Ward fights you can see where his mistakes might be for Froch to capitalize on?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DogTheBountyHunter View Post

Excellent post. Abraham clearly can't counter-punch. Ward is like a young B-Hop.

Maybe once you've had a look at some Ward fights you can see where his mistakes might be for Froch to capitalize on?
    Maybe you've already done this, but what mistakes are you referring?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's set for Vegas.

If Froch beat Ward, I would really give him all the credit in the world, and he'd land in my top 10 p4p. No doubt about it

I believe it's very possible that Froch will win this fight, it will likely come down to what the judges decide in Vegas. To me, it's not realistic or believable at all to assume that Ward will win one-sided decision or dominate Froch, much less knock him out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ward has no real power. The only way he scores a knockout is by headbutt.

Thread Information