Thread: What does alcohol mean for you?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What does alcohol mean for you?

I don't like the smell of weed, but I have softened my stance on that drug in recent times. It is clearly far less destructive than alcohol. Not my kind of thing though and will likely put you in prison for half a decade out here, but of course a bottle of soju is quite fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would smoke pot if it were legal rather than drink. I drink about once a week, usually fridays or saturdays. It's kind of an unwinding ritual for me, I tend to relax more and I dont get drunk to the point where it will affect me when I wake up. 4 beers can give me a lil buzz and thats all I try to get. I also am usually more jovial when I'm buzzed I think of it as a de-stressing ritual. Maybe I'm just in stage 2: denial. Maybe I should pick up yoga or meditation...ehh this works for me at the moment, and those damn bastard doctors say it's healthy in moderation. They are probably paid off by the damn liquor companies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    I stop by the bar for a drink (or two at the most) after work 3-4 days a week. More of a social thing.

I would say I drink more days than I do not, but rarely do I get flat out pissed. If it is a nice day I just enjoy being outside.
    Usually just build a fire in my yard and have 3 or 4 and think about things and listen to the radio.

I have always drank alone as easily as with other people (although I rarely drink to excess by myself and can easily with the right friends). But I have found I just naturally don't like that many people and avoid big crowds or people having fun raving in clubs:
    Men and how they act around women disgusts me often. In fact, I view both genders as exceedingly weak and stupid most of the time (in particular their interactions with each other). Often I will see some complete prick with a girl being moronic and I feel that if I had to act or look like that to have said girl, I would rather do without.

Often I will read into a novel and have a few beers and it is nice.

My friends all drink, in varying degrees of severity. Some people think it is a silly habit, but I think having three screaming fucking kids and going to soccer practice is a silly never-ending crazy ass hobby. So to each their own.

Whenever I think of the stereotypical happy family in the suburbs and those goddamn car seats and french fries and shit everywhere, it truly turns my stomach. I often marvel that my values are so apart from many.

Yesterday my best friend and I went canoeing and we drank many beers and had a good time out on the river. That then evolved to going to another buddy's house and admiring his renovations to his house going late into the night and several beers. But I am a river rat.
    THat we can agree on. Looks like a fucking never-ending nightmare to me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I stop by the bar for a drink (or two at the most) after work 3-4 days a week. More of a social thing.

I would say I drink more days than I do not, but rarely do I get flat out pissed. If it is a nice day I just enjoy being outside.
    Usually just build a fire in my yard and have 3 or 4 and think about things and listen to the radio.

I have always drank alone as easily as with other people (although I rarely drink to excess by myself and can easily with the right friends). But I have found I just naturally don't like that many people and avoid big crowds or people having fun raving in clubs:
    Men and how they act around women disgusts me often. In fact, I view both genders as exceedingly weak and stupid most of the time (in particular their interactions with each other). Often I will see some complete prick with a girl being moronic and I feel that if I had to act or look like that to have said girl, I would rather do without.

My friends all drink, in varying degrees of severity. Some people think it is a silly habit, but I think having three screaming fucking kids and going to soccer practice is a silly never-ending crazy ass hobby. So to each their own.

Whenever I think of the stereotypical happy family in the suburbs and those goddamn car seats and french fries and shit everywhere, it truly turns my stomach. I often marvel that my values are so apart from many.

Yesterday my best friend and I went canoeing and we drank many beers and had a good time out on the river. That then evolved to going to another buddy's house and admiring his renovations to his house going late into the night and several beers. But I am a river rat.
    I think kids are long term thing, a kind of insurance policy. If you grow up to be old an single and alone then you're likely to be found dead only weeks after your death when neighbours complain to the council about a strange smell.

Hopefully any kids you may have will remember the many years of care you devoted to them and will not see you sent off to a concentration camp for elderly where you are left to rot and die.

Of course, it's a risk, if they turn out to abandon you anyway you anyway the bitterness would be great.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I think kids are long term thing, a kind of insurance policy. If you grow up to be old an single and alone then you're likely to be found dead only weeks after your death when neighbours complain to the council about a strange smell.

Hopefully any kids you may have will remember the many years of care you devoted to them and will not see you sent off to a concentration camp for elderly where you are left to rot and die.

Of course, it's a risk, if they turn out to abandon you anyway you anyway the bitterness would be great.
    You know what? That is literally the only reason I ever occasionally think about maybe wanting kids. Then I remember how I've lived my life and I'm reassured by the fact that I will be dead long before I succumb to senility.

On a related note, I got smashed last night. First time in a while and I forgot how much I truly hate hangovers.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How morbid- just wanting kids so that somebody finds you when you die...
    I have a dog, so I'd be found right away. And since she's always hungry, I'm sure I wouldn't get to stinking and bothering the neighbors.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I lived in an apartment where a guy died and was dead for a few weeks. The damn basement of this place smelled awful, and I guess they figured out why. But they set up fans and all that in the hallway and got it cleaned up quickly.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the reason for living, the answer to every question, the solution to every problem. With it we are something, without it we are nothing. On it we are what we wish we were, off it we are what we wish we weren't.

It makes every enjoyable moment better, every hard decision easier, every ugly fat girl thinner, every ugly girl prettier.

Alcohol makes ever event more eventful, every moment more momentous.

You find a lump on your balls, you hit the sauce.

I honest to god don't think I could go more than two weeks without getting drunk unless I had a reason too (like £1,000 bet) I would just simply miss a night out on the sauce to much.

I have a theory; Muslims are happy to blow them selves up and they DON'T DRINK!

So let's look at this. Someone wants you to go blow your self out next month, What next month? are you a fucking downy? that's the FA cup final mate, we are all off out down down It will be mental! I'll be shit faced!

Now for a Muslim what reason do they have? No drink, no nights out on the sauce, no drunken mistakes, blaming the nectar for the reason why you nailed the porker at the party! Nop, if they tap a fat chick there are no excuses for that! 13 Virgins? we all love the notch on the belt saying we popped that cherry; but everyone knows an experienced girl is way better!

So in conclusion, get the muzzas drunk and no more suicide bombings!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    It's the reason for living, the answer to every question, the solution to every problem. With it we are something, without it we are nothing. On it we are what we wish we were, off it we are what we wish we weren't.

It makes every enjoyable moment better, every hard decision easier, every ugly fat girl thinner, every ugly girl prettier.

I honest to god don't think I could go more than two weeks without getting drunk unless I had a reason too (like £1,000 bet) I would just simply miss a night out on the sauce to much.

So let's look at this. Someone wants you to go blow your self out next month, What next month? are you a fucking downy? that's the FA cup final mate, we are all off out down down It will be mental! I'll be shit faced!

Now for a Muslim what reason do they have? No drink, no nights out on the sauce, no drunken mistakes, blaming the nectar for the reason why you nailed the porker at the party! Nop, if they tap a fat chick there are no excuses for that! 13 Virgins? we all love the notch on the belt saying we popped that cherry; but everyone knows an experienced girl is way better!

That's your most impassioned almost poetic post you have ever made.

Get drunk for peace! It's an interesting slogan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post

That's your most impassioned almost poetic post you have ever made.

Get drunk for peace! It's an interesting slogan
    Was 3/4 a bottle of vodka typing the aforementioned dribble

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alcohol and I have a light switch relationship. On and off similar to that certain woman you just cannot completely do without in your life. Absence makes the heart grow fonder though and nowadays its quality over quantity. Even if we do fight the make up sex is outstanding!

Weed and I have divorced entirely but she's left some serious mental scars...I need a damn restraining order against that one

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not drink at all was put off it when I was drinking it at 5 years of age. Guess my dads strategy worked.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not drink at all was put off it when I was drinking it at 5 years of age. Guess my dads strategy worked.
    You're dead to me.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd been doing so well. Now, thanks to all of you, I've spent the last three days drinking- not excessively, but drinking nonetheless. Though I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this discussion, as I don't think there's any alcohol in this beer that I just bought on sale.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't drink that much and I tend to like quality stuff instead of going on a rampage of cheap alcohols, even if it means not as often and more expensive. Normally, when I am home alone, I never drink beer but mostly porto, red wine or a whiskey in the evening. Beer and Vodka seem to be more of a social thing in general where I'll drink with people around.

I have a few bottle of Scotch Whiskeys over there (which one of the thing that I do prefer) and some of the top vodkas in the world but I drink it with parcimony. My favorite are Talisker and Cao Ila but I am never unsensitive for a good MacAllan.
    Porto and red wine are also things that I quite like and i am happy to have found in Lyle another red wine amateur with who I have the chance to exchange ideas and impressions about bottles. I have a little cave here, around 65 bottles that I did stack over the past 5 years and that (for most of them) I intend to open in 10-25 years depending of the bottles, I hope to get it up to 100-150 if I remain in Europe for another couple of years. For what I drink more on a weekly base, I simply go and buy them at the wine store and god knows that there are plenty around here.
    The good thing about living in Luxembourg is: you'Re 45 minutes away from the best wine producers in the world, 25 away from the 2 countries that produce the best beer (Belgium #1 and Germany #2 IMO), alcohol wise, that's a nice strategic little place.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information