Thread: Khan fight spoiler

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad stoppage. Khan tho is still so amateurish. Since he's stepped up to world level from kotelnik onwards, hes just looked so amateurish. I love him as a fighter but I really truely think Bradley will beat him.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan fight spoiler

No secret I am no Khan fan but 95% chance Khan would have won a 120-108 easy there but FFS that has to be the worst stoppage I have ever seen in boxing ! Jesus whats wrong in giving the guy one more round at least. Have seen guys with ten times worse cut carry on for at least 2 rounds more

Oh and why did Khan celebrate like he was the dogs bollocks with all arms rasing and shit. i would have been embarassed
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was pretty disappointed with the fights premature stoppage; I've seen McCloskey fight before and I know he definitely had a lot more to give. :/ But what urked me off the most was Khans childish demeanor during and after the fight. He had no respect at all. I thought his perilous fight against Maidana would've humbled him, but it seems to have just made him less of a champion and more of a self-righteous smack talker. At least it will sell his next fight.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan is so crap

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    The doctor was a joke of a doctor. What kind of pussy's stop the fight with that little cut?
    Didn't seem like McCrappy complained to much
    He was saying bullshit after the stoppage, he looked upset by the stoppage. You seriously think that was a bad cut?
    No. Fight could of and should of gone on. Ain't that what a cut man for? To work on the cut?
    finish the round, let the guy go to work, start the round, if it's too bad to continue then end it.

Half of Hattons face had to be glued together during his fights...
    Exactly. And Barrera had to look like Frankenstein until it was okay to go to the cards.

Another shameful homecooking job involving a Khan fight.

Seems to be an all too regular occurance.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The doctor was a joke of a doctor. What kind of pussy's stop the fight with that little cut?
    He was saying bullshit after the stoppage, he looked upset by the stoppage. You seriously think that was a bad cut?
    No. Fight could of and should of gone on. Ain't that what a cut man for? To work on the cut?
    finish the round, let the guy go to work, start the round, if it's too bad to continue then end it.

Exactly. And Barrera had to look like Frankenstein until it was okay to go to the cards.

So are saying that the referee and doctor were both Khan fans, saw him win the first six rounds but sensed he might unravel and so stopped the fight to protect his record and career?

Is that what is meant by hometown cooking?

It's just that to my clearly uneducated mind, that Khan's team, who see him as a business would probably want entertaining fights that draw crowds and get them wanting to see him again rather than unsatisfactary endings like this which may only harm his chances of staging another big PPV fight in Britain on Sky any time soon..

But you are saying it was stopped deliberately to keep Khan's unbeaten run going, because after hanging 12 rounds and winning against the divisions biggest puncher they were understandably worried about his surviving the distance against a relatively light punching Irishman who Khan had pitched a shutout against up to that point?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

So are saying that the referee and doctor were both Khan fans, saw him win the first six rounds but sensed he might unravel and so stopped the fight to protect his record and career?

Is that what is meant by hometown cooking?

It's just that to my clearly uneducated mind, that Khan's team, who see him as a business would probably want entertaining fights that draw crowds and get them wanting to see him again rather than unsatisfactary endings like this which may only harm his chances of staging another big PPV fight in Britain on Sky any time soon..

But you are saying it was stopped deliberately to keep Khan's unbeaten run going, because after hanging 12 rounds and winning against the divisions biggest puncher they were understandably worried about his surviving the distance against a relatively light punching Irishman who Khan had pitched a shutout against up to that point?
    Hometown cooking refers to a fight being stopped on an extremely insignificant cut. Barrera was able to fight for 4 more rounds whilst being cut to the bone and yet McCloskey was not even able to see out the round and have his cut worked on.

Once again it is rather dodgy hometown officiating and that is what I mean by hometown cooking.

Do you not think the fight was relatively minor and that McCloskey was game to continue. There was no good reason to stop the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4 on HBO. This is not so hot as both seem to have two left feet so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree bilbo.

You are clearly uneducated.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree the stoppage was awfully premature. I don't think it was done to favour Amir Khan.

If anything it's just taken away from his win. He had pitched a shut out and now thanks to the extremely soft stoppage McKloskey and his team can claim they were always going to stop him late and that he was tiring.

McKloskey gets out of suffering a legitimate defeat and Khan's big homecoming ends in a farce. Sky drop his PPV, he loses a million, and then the referee robs him of an impressively one sided win.

I expect Khan can't wait to get in a plane and back to the USA where he's a more appreciated star.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree the stoppage was awfully premature. I don't think it was done to favour Amir Khan.

If anything it's just taken away from his win. He had pitched a shut out and now thanks to the extremely soft stoppage McKloskey and his team can claim they were always going to stop him late and that he was tiring.

McKloskey gets out of suffering a legitimate defeat and Khan's big homecoming ends in a farce. Sky drop his PPV, he loses a million, and then the referee robs him of an impressively one sided win.

I expect Khan can't wait to get in a plane and back to the USA where he's a more appreciated star.
    It was an awful stoppage and this seems to happen far too often when Khan is fighting in the UK. It was the opposite of the Barrera one. That needed to be stopped as it was the worst cut in living memory. This was nothing. The man was game to continue, it could have been fixed by the corner.

Pathetic and a dire reflection once again on British officiating.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cut wasnt even bleeding, once they interviewed it was already stopped. What a huge gash he cant go on....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an awful stoppage and this seems to happen far too often when Khan is fighting in the UK. It was the opposite of the Barrera one. That needed to be stopped as it was the worst cut in living memory. This was nothing. The man was game to continue, it could have been fixed by the corner.

Watching it again on HBO think McKloskey actually quit. He even hinted as much when he said the way the doctor was looking at his eye he thought it was really bad. Looking at the footage it seems to me that the doctor asked him if would impair his vision, and he didn't give an enthusiastic response. I mean like the HBO team called watching the interaction, Mckloskey quit.

Also I love Larry's summay, 'Khan did ok against an ameoba level opponent but I'm not calling him King Khan yet'..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry Merchant was bang on the money with his comments.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't read the thread. Fight just ended. Honestly here I dont see the controversy I had Khan up 6-0 and momentum was swinging his way.

Accidental head butt results in cut. Ref call Dr. and he and McClotsky carry on a conversation for awhile, one in which he obviously cast doubt over vision and gave Dr. pause....Dr. has no choice to stop it. I can't fault Ref or Dr and can't read lips but McClotsky certainly didn't insist on it continuing from what I could see ala yeh I can see now get the hell out of my way.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching it again on HBO think McKloskey actually quit. He even hinted as much when he said the way the doctor was looking at his eye he thought it was really bad. Looking at the footage it seems to me that the doctor asked him if would impair his vision, and he didn't give an enthusiastic response. I mean like the HBO team called watching the interaction, Mckloskey quit.

Also I love Larry's summay, 'Khan did ok against an ameoba level opponent but I'm not calling him King Khan yet'..
    McKloskey had no idea how bad the cut was, the way they were going on he was convinced it was significant. Of course he had an expression of doubt on his face, but he didn't quit and you could tell how pissed off he was with the post interview.

We ALL agree that the cut was nothing. Like Merchant said, these people seem to have thought they were at a wine tasting contest.

Thread Information