Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan fight spoiler

I had Khan winning every round, in fact I think most people had him winning every round. It was ugly and too bad about the cut, even though it wasn't McCloskey's fault but it is his responsiblity to try and beat Khan, he didn't even win 1 round before the cut. All the ref and doctor did was end a fight that more than likely is a UD for Khan. Time to move on, it's Khan vs Bradley in the summer.

Much better than a rematch with McCloskey.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I agree the stoppage was awfully premature. I don't think it was done to favour Amir Khan.

If anything it's just taken away from his win. He had pitched a shut out and now thanks to the extremely soft stoppage McKloskey and his team can claim they were always going to stop him late and that he was tiring.

McKloskey gets out of suffering a legitimate defeat and Khan's big homecoming ends in a farce. Sky drop his PPV, he loses a million, and then the referee robs him of an impressively one sided win.

I expect Khan can't wait to get in a plane and back to the USA where he's a more appreciated star.
    It was an awful stoppage and this seems to happen far too often when Khan is fighting in the UK. It was the opposite of the Barrera one. That needed to be stopped as it was the worst cut in living memory. This was nothing. The man was game to continue, it could have been fixed by the corner.

Pathetic and a dire reflection once again on British officiating.
    Watching it again on HBO think McKloskey actually quit. He even hinted as much when he said the way the doctor was looking at his eye he thought it was really bad. Looking at the footage it seems to me that the doctor asked him if would impair his vision, and he didn't give an enthusiastic response. I mean like the HBO team called watching the interaction, Mckloskey quit.

Also I love Larry's summay, 'Khan did ok against an ameoba level opponent but I'm not calling him King Khan yet'..
    Sure buddy, HBO brodcasting team are effing clowns. Emmanuel Steward needs to give up training boxers how to bore the crap out of the crowd. Lampley has selective vision and only sees what he wants to see. I'd almost rather watch a fight with the sound off.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree the stoppage was awfully premature. I don't think it was done to favour Amir Khan.

If anything it's just taken away from his win. He had pitched a shut out and now thanks to the extremely soft stoppage McKloskey and his team can claim they were always going to stop him late and that he was tiring.

McKloskey gets out of suffering a legitimate defeat and Khan's big homecoming ends in a farce. Sky drop his PPV, he loses a million, and then the referee robs him of an impressively one sided win.

I expect Khan can't wait to get in a plane and back to the USA where he's a more appreciated star.
    It was an awful stoppage and this seems to happen far too often when Khan is fighting in the UK. It was the opposite of the Barrera one. That needed to be stopped as it was the worst cut in living memory. This was nothing. The man was game to continue, it could have been fixed by the corner.

Watching it again on HBO think McKloskey actually quit. He even hinted as much when he said the way the doctor was looking at his eye he thought it was really bad. Looking at the footage it seems to me that the doctor asked him if would impair his vision, and he didn't give an enthusiastic response. I mean like the HBO team called watching the interaction, Mckloskey quit.

Also I love Larry's summay, 'Khan did ok against an ameoba level opponent but I'm not calling him King Khan yet'..
    McKloskey had no idea how bad the cut was, the way they were going on he was convinced it was significant. Of course he had an expression of doubt on his face, but he didn't quit and you could tell how pissed off he was with the post interview.

We ALL agree that the cut was nothing. Like Merchant said, these people seem to have thought they were at a wine tasting contest.
    Mckloskey would have been asked if the blood was in his eyes and if he could continue. You only have to watch the interaction between the doctor, ref and Mckloskey to see he was not interested in carrying on.

What he did was to imitate the classic chump in a pub fight showdown, where when the opportunity for a fight is there meekly does nothing, only to shout to his mates, once the guy has gone how he wants to go back and smash his face in.

It's easy to be upset after the event but he clearly wasn't over keen on carrying on during the cut inspection.

I think he just quit to get an excuse personally the same way Nate Campbell did against Bradley.

The card has been a total commercial disaster for Amir. Lost money on the card, opponent who didn't really come to fight and and broken relationship with Sky.

Doubt he will be back for a few years now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McKloskey had no idea how bad the cut was, the way they were going on he was convinced it was significant. Of course he had an expression of doubt on his face, but he didn't quit and you could tell how pissed off he was with the post interview.

We ALL agree that the cut was nothing. Like Merchant said, these people seem to have thought they were at a wine tasting contest.
    Mckloskey would have been asked if the blood was in his eyes and if he could continue. You only have to watch the interaction between the doctor, ref and Mckloskey to see he was not interested in carrying on.

What he did was to imitate the classic chump in a pub fight showdown, where when the opportunity for a fight is there meekly does nothing, only to shout to his mates, once the guy has gone how he wants to go back and smash his face in.

It's easy to be upset after the event but he clearly wasn't over keen on carrying on during the cut inspection.

I think he just quit to get an excuse personally the same way Nate Campbell did against Bradley.

The card has been a total commercial disaster for Amir. Lost money on the card, opponent who didn't really come to fight and and broken relationship with Sky.

I dont know how you come to that conclusion, he shakes his head, as if to say no dont stop the fight, or no I'm not hurt. I'm pretty sure he didnt say to the ref stop the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yawn well I didn't expect anything ither than something not quite right and find it quite Funny that just because he was winning rounds that some of you think he'd have won the fight this is boxing remember !! One punch can be all it takes I would be extremely embarrassed if I was khan
    A win is not a win no matter how u get it and it's not a win worthy if lifting him on his fake friends shoulders what an idiot he talks a load of shit …

YES I AM A KHAN HATER THROUGH AND THROUGH and khant wait to see him on the floor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mccloskey really did nothing. Khan didnt look great ether but he was winning it pretty easy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight View Post
    Yawn well I didn't expect anything ither than something not quite right and find it quite Funny that just because he was winning rounds that some of you think he'd have won the fight this is boxing remember !! One punch can be all it takes I would be extremely embarrassed if I was khan
    A win is not a win no matter how u get it and it's not a win worthy if lifting him on his fake friends shoulders what an idiot he talks a load of shit …

YES I AM A KHAN HATER THROUGH AND THROUGH and khant wait to see him on the floor
    But you'd fuck him though right?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you are such a mong. I really don't need to say anymore than that. Discussion over.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mong haha

Ever the charmer Missy

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done, missy. I had never thought of saying that before.

Bilbo, you are such a mong!

I still don't see how McKloskey quit, I just don't see it. He was clearly uncertain at the extent of the damage and the decision was made for him. He did not actually quit and said as much afterwards. Why would he have been looking for a way out, he wasn't getting particularly hurt by Khan.

Anyway, I don't want a rematch, I want Bradley next. Bradley is the man in this division.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasn't that much different from the Bradley Alexander fight imo.

As for fighting through cuts, the crazy mad fucker Valero was pretty awesome against DeMarco. That was a bad cut. But the ref was probably understandably scared to stop him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight View Post

You must be from up north

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo you mong.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo's posts are equivalent to The Sun. You should try and get a job with them creating headlines or something. The headline for the Khan fight would be "McCloskey, McLoses his will to fight, quits in 6". What a mong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait for the Bradley fight so that all this talk about how bad Khan is becomes a history well forgotten. I have only seen two of his fights and frankly if I didn't record those two fights after falling asleep on them, I wouldn't be so anxious for his demise at Bradley's fists in June.

Thread Information