Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can we have a sticky about posting spoliers

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    When there is just a single fight card on it's not so bad and I agree with what you say. But tonight the Americans had to watch Khan on tape delay and both Showtime and HBO cards clashed so it's common sense that most people aren't all going to watch the fights at the same time.

I know it's easy to get excited immediately after a big fight, especially an upset, but it's not too hard to contain yourself for just the title and then go off in like an excited crazy person in the actual thread.

I'm a little confused about this whole "spoiler" thing, once a fight is being shown live (whether or not you are able to see it) it's fair game and usually being watched around the world. Therefore, you should be able to post whatever you want about it, if someone is unable see the fight and/or doesn't want to know the results, then either don't read posts/threads about the fight, or stay off the forum? "Spoilers" seem to be divisive, and a source of dissension for the members here, that's my 2 cents.
    The thing is that there could be many reasons why someone missed a fight. And if they do, they generally logged in to find a download link. But guess what with a title like "Lopez knocked out in 7th," or "Victor Ortiz is Amazing," blazed across the boards it's going to be hard to miss, when one is scrolling down towards the download section.

It's called common courtesy. It might be fair game, but you're going to piss off people.

I can see that, it's OK to discuss the fights in a fight thread, but don't post a thread with a title that makes it obvious who won or gives the result away.

Thanks for clarifying, i'm certainly not here to piss anyone off.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-17-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When there is just a single fight card on it's not so bad and I agree with what you say. But tonight the Americans had to watch Khan on tape delay and both Showtime and HBO cards clashed so it's common sense that most people aren't all going to watch the fights at the same time.

I know it's easy to get excited immediately after a big fight, especially an upset, but it's not too hard to contain yourself for just the title and then go off in like an excited crazy person in the actual thread.

I'm a little confused about this whole "spoiler" thing, once a fight is being shown live (whether or not you are able to see it) it's fair game and usually being watched around the world. Therefore, you should be able to post whatever you want about it, if someone is unable see the fight and/or doesn't want to know the results, then either don't read posts/threads about the fight, or stay off the forum? "Spoilers" seem to be divisive, and a source of dissension for the members here, that's my 2 cents.
    The thing is that there could be many reasons why someone missed a fight. And if they do, they generally logged in to find a download link. But guess what with a title like "Lopez knocked out in 7th," or "Victor Ortiz is Amazing," blazed across the boards it's going to be hard to miss, when one is scrolling down towards the download section.

It's called common courtesy. It might be fair game, but you're going to piss off people.

I can see that, it's OK to discuss the fights in a fight thread, but don't post a thread with a title that makes it obvious who won or gives the result away.

That's all that's being asked for mate.

Yesterday the HBO and Showtime cards both ran at the same time so we couldn't watch both live.

Many of us like to be in here live during the fights and chat during rounds, and I did for the Ortiz Berto fight. Unfortunately people put the results of the other card on the main board as well.

Also Amir Khan fought on a tape delay last night so people in the US saw the fight a few hours after those of us in the UK.

It's not a big deal to just be considerate of these facts and not post spoilers.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    have said it before I don't agree with all this spoiler shit

when i want to avoid a fight result I stay off internet altogether - never mind a fucking boxing site !

don't even read my texts in case i have been messaged with a comment regarding the result.

its what you have to do in these days of information overload I'm afraid. Fact
    Well some people like me don't stay up and watch fights, and like to download the fights the next day. Me personally i don't care about spoilers, as im too excited i always check the results.

But i can understand what Bilbo is saying, and i totally agree.
    I just don't get why when trying to avoida fight result you'd go on a boxing site.

I mean how long are we supposes to use spoilers for ??

People on here do realise that Barrera beat Naz by UD right ?!?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    have said it before I don't agree with all this spoiler shit

when i want to avoid a fight result I stay off internet altogether - never mind a fucking boxing site !

don't even read my texts in case i have been messaged with a comment regarding the result.

its what you have to do in these days of information overload I'm afraid. Fact
    Well some people like me don't stay up and watch fights, and like to download the fights the next day. Me personally i don't care about spoilers, as im too excited i always check the results.

But i can understand what Bilbo is saying, and i totally agree.
    I just don't get why when trying to avoida fight result you'd go on a boxing site.

I mean how long are we supposes to use spoilers for ??

People on here do realise that Barrera beat Naz by UD right ?!?
    Just for the immediate aftermath. Come on Mark, two fight cards going on at the same time. Just post spoiler in case some are watching one and not the other.

To be honest, I'm usually not bothered, like you. But yesterday it directly affected me and that's when it became a problem

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Can we have a sticky about posting spoliers

Yesterday the HBO and Showtime cards both ran at the same time so we couldn't watch both live.

Many of us like to be in here live during the fights and chat during rounds, and I did for the Ortiz Berto fight. Unfortunately people put the results of the other card on the main board as well.

Also Amir Khan fought on a tape delay last night so people in the US saw the fight a few hours after those of us in the UK.

It's not a big deal to just be considerate of these facts and not post spoilers.
    Now that I understand, I totally agree with you.

Cheers

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that I understand, I totally agree with you.

Cheers
    Cheers buddy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just send Bilbo PM's and reputation comments with spoilers from now on guys, no need to ruin it for everyone else.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If enough of you guys want a sticky, I have no problem with it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo - I just think its too much to expect people not to post sensibly and even think about spoilers when a major fight has just finished and there been an upset or KO thats all eg if Khan loses again by KO I would be straight on with "good night KTFO Amir ! now fuck off !"

Would be too excited to worry about ruining it for others round world.

But at same time I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

We should go to a vote !!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo - I just think its too much to expect people not to post sensibly and even think about spoilers when a major fight has just finished and there been an upset or KO thats all eg if Khan loses again by KO I would be straight on with "good night KTFO Amir ! now fuck off !"

Would be too excited to worry about ruining it for others round world.

But at same time I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

We should go to a vote !!!!
    A lot of people already post the word spoilers, it's not really that hard. It only needs to apply in the immediate aftermath of a fight, and really only when there are multiple cards at the same time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone from England here ever seen that episode of 'The Likely Lads' (the older version, not the shitty Ant & Dec version) where the two lads are trying desperately to avoid the results of the England-vs-Bulgaria game?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I tell you what I really hate, is if missed a fight and decide to find it on Youtube but I'm searching and all I come across is silly reaction vids with the results in the titles
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep i remember that one

ant and dec version was utter shite agreed !

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funnt thread

Going onto a boxing forum shortly after a big fight and expecting not to be given clues about the outcome of the fight is like a paedophile going into mothercare and not expecting to see any kids
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Funnt thread

Going onto a boxing forum shortly after a big fight and expecting not to be given clues about the outcome of the fight is like a paedophile going into mothercare and not expecting to see any kids

Look tubs we were already in here becuase two cards were running at the same time. I was chatting in the rbr with the HBO crowd. Common sense says that people can't watch both so in these cases why not put up a sticky asking if people not reveal results right away?

I don't understand the mentality that says 'No I would prefer to drive away fight fans when the big fights are happening'.

You are an awful mod, Josh is much better than you.

Also, the mods always edit the titles anyway after someone complains so why not try and save yourself a job. Premempt and prevent.
    Last edited by Kev; 04-18-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Thread Information