Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley is the toughest opponent Pacquiao is going to face

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.
    YOu're funny man. what kind of logic was that "Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does" ? Margartio did not make it against Pacman, but Mosley bludgeoned and KO Marga in the 9th. Pacman ain't KO or TKO Marga. Three simple premises that show Mosley is better than Marga. Mosley is not only better but stronger than Marquez, or Morales (first tussle with Pacman).
    That's why pro- Mosley, you ready your P1000 (Philippine currency, man) against Pacman fans who are going to pit your sum with their P5000. Expect for an upset and a windfall!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm beting against Pacman, but I'm riding with Shane.
    "Shane, please knock this dude out!"

Yes I do believe that Shane chance of winning will only come with the hardest punch he every threw. But saying that, if Shane be looking for that knockout punch, Manny is going to kill him. Naz have to have a gameplan. If he don't, here it go

Shane is going to have to read Manny's first punch. A pawing jab. That's the punch that Shane is going to have to punch with or offset Manny's rhythm with a strong jab(not the pawing jab he usually throws) or run out the way. Shane "HAD" good combonation speed. but now he can't match Manny. So if Manny get off first, Shane needs to, 1. Step in and hold for dear life 2. Cover up and pray or 3. Absorb and counter Manny 3rd or 4th punch. Manny second punch have death written all over it. Sometimes his fourth. Another thing, Shane is going to have to do, is cut Manny's angle with an angle. And I mean footwork cause we all know Manny punches come from different angles as well. But 90% of Manny's angles be cut to the right. Against most peoples power. If Shane can step into the counter, he might can slow Manny's combo down a bit.
    Last but not least, Shane will hip punch and lower his head to cut Manny(not intentionally of course).

Shane's best chances of winning

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toto View Post
    Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.
    YOu're funny man. what kind of logic was that "Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does" ? Margartio did not make it against Pacman, but Mosley bludgeoned and KO Marga in the 9th. Pacman ain't KO or TKO Marga. Three simple premises that show Mosley is better than Marga. Mosley is not only better but stronger than Marquez, or Morales (first tussle with Pacman).
    That's why pro- Mosley, you ready your P1000 (Philippine currency, man) against Pacman fans who are going to pit your sum with their P5000. Expect for an upset and a windfall!
    Margarito had to lose a shitload of weight prior to the fight and was caught with loaded gloves right before. And Mosley was the huge underdog, Margarito likely underestimated Mosley and probably wasn't at his best that night. Still, Mosley did what he had to do and looked great doing it.

I actually think Margarito looked somewhat better against Pac because his mind was in it and he was in shape. When Margarito is in shape, he will take the punishment and keep on coming. And so he did.

Roll on 2 plus years later and Mosley is coming in off of two fights without a win and a good dozen and a half rounds looking quite shot.

Pac is massive favourite for good reason.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fist off Mosley is not as great as stated on the thread opener. A prime Mosley might have proven to be too much for Pacquio but that's question will have to be asked after Pacquiao finishes Mosley. Mosley, like Dela Hoya can't pull the trigger anymore. Margarito was slower than molasses which enabled Mosley to use his old, slow but savvy skills. Mosley can honestly get hurt and I hope the ref will be watch him really close. As far as being the toughest. Yea a prime Mosley would have been the toughest not the strongest most powerful punch) but the toughest (Pac will ever have faced is Margarito.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny but this is not the first time I've heard someone say that Mosley is the toughest fighter Pacquiao has fought in a while. With the number of upsets we've seen recently, it's not safe to write Mosley off just yet. He has the power to trip Pacquiao up and he won't be bullied by Pacquiao, but I just don't know if he has a solid 12 rounds in him. That is, if he doesn't hurt Pacquiao early in the fight, with Pacquiao's training and stamina, it'll be a tough outing for Mosley.

Then again, Pacquiao isn't defensive like Mayweather or Mora are, a style that Mosley doesn't do well against, at least recently hasn't done well against. Mosley has never lost to a smaller fighter. His only true loss recently was against Floyd who is arguably the best fighter on the planet. Mora was an odd showing, I grant, but Mora at his best is a difficult outing for anyone because he is defensive and awkward, and add to that he is bigger than Mosley.

Pacquiao is a favorite for a reason. No doubt about it. I like Mosley as an underdog in this one though. Pacquiao better bring his A game.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think some people are once again getting a little carried away regarding how shot a former great fighter actually is.

Sure he lost to Floyd, not as one sidedly as Marquez though and he did KO the guy Manny last went the distance with.

Of course Manny is a big favourite but Shane has never lain down for anyone and all this tal of it being a routine knockout job for Manny is ridiculous.

When has Shane ever been stopped? He will want to fight to the end, he has the punch to hurt Manny and Manny isn't the hardest guy to hit.

An upset certainly isn't impossible. Manny is fighting above his natural weight class, he's managing two extremely demanding careers simultaneously and a guy like Shane can never be taken lightly.

Of course I expect Manny to win, but if he knocks Shane out, something that nobody else has ever done that would be a great acomplishment.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I think some people are once again getting a little carried away regarding how shot a former great fighter actually is.

Sure he lost to Floyd, not as one sidedly as Marquez though and he did KO the guy Manny last went the distance with.

Of course Manny is a big favourite but Shane has never lain down for anyone and all this tal of it being a routine knockout job for Manny is ridiculous.

When has Shane ever been stopped? He will want to fight to the end, he has the punch to hurt Manny and Manny isn't the hardest guy to hit.

An upset certainly isn't impossible. Manny is fighting above his natural weight class, he's managing two extremely demanding careers simultaneously and a guy like Shane can never be taken lightly.

Of course I expect Manny to win, but if he knocks Shane out, something that nobody else has ever done that would be a great acomplishment.
    But Marquez was a fighter fighting 2 weight classes outside of an already optimal weight class and Mayweather couldn't even make the weight for that. Of course Mosley the natural WW did better. It's a no brainer.

And let's quit with this Manny fighting outside of his own weight class talk. You don't do what he is doing and be totally beyond your comfort zone. WW is clearly his weight right now.

Mosley is clearly past his best. He had a HUGE lay off and came back and gassed after 2. He then had a tough, tough night with Mora. He has no form behind him and a pensioners age in boxing terms.

Having said that though, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Mosley knock Pac clean through the ropes. It would make my year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Mosley to win but there is a slim chance of him coming away with the win however he has a punchers chance and i don't think the old dog is going to give up. He will go out on his shield and fight till the final bell.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    It's funny but this is not the first time I've heard someone say that Mosley is the toughest fighter Pacquiao has fought in a while. With the number of upsets we've seen recently, it's not safe to write Mosley off just yet. He has the power to trip Pacquiao up and he won't be bullied by Pacquiao, but I just don't know if he has a solid 12 rounds in him. That is, if he doesn't hurt Pacquiao early in the fight, with Pacquiao's training and stamina, it'll be a tough outing for Mosley.

Then again, Pacquiao isn't defensive like Mayweather or Mora are, a style that Mosley doesn't do well against, at least recently hasn't done well against. Mosley has never lost to a smaller fighter. His only true loss recently was against Floyd who is arguably the best fighter on the planet. Mora was an odd showing, I grant, but Mora at his best is a difficult outing for anyone because he is defensive and awkward, and add to that he is bigger than Mosley.

Pacquiao is a favorite for a reason. No doubt about it. I like Mosley as an underdog in this one though. Pacquiao better bring his A game.
    @Rantcatrat, and Bilbo, and some dudes:
    I liked you, guys. You all talked sense. Unlike many folks here who have shallow analysis on this Pacquiao-Mosley's brouhaha
    Last edited by toto; 04-19-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys are NUTS who think Mosely has any more than a puncher's chance. This guy is WAY past his prime while Pac is right in the middle of his.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a dangerous fight for Pac. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Pac to win BUT he is never the hardest to hit and I believe Mosley is the biggest puncher he will have ever faced. If Mosley lands good on Pac he is very capable of stopping him!

Also I remember people saying he was shot going into the Marg fight (I was one of them) and then he produced a great performance and stopped one of the most solid chinned fighters of all time. Pac is a total different kettle of fish no doubt BUT I refuse to write Shane off against anyone other than Mayweather and he did even rock him, the hardest fighter in the world to hit let alone rock.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mywthr is easy to chop-chop. hard to rock? he himself runs like a sissy bcuz he himself knows about the chandelier in his jaw. zab judah rocked him, too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez was more than to able to pull the trigger when he fought Pacquiao.
    Margarito was willing to live up to his rep as a face first slugger when he fought Pacquiao.

Mosley will be caught in no-mans-land waiting to pull the trigger every second of every round.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    mywthr is easy to chop-chop. hard to rock? he himself runs like a sissy bcuz he himself knows about the chandelier in his jaw. zab judah rocked him, too.
    He took some big shots off a good ODLH at 154 (not the weight drained old man Pac fought) and that didn't bother him. I don't think Mayweather has got a glass jaw at all. It's not running like a sissy either. The art or science of boxing is to hit and not be hit and Mayweather is the best in the world at that!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Mosley is the toughest foe Pacquiao is goin' to face. He is much dangerous than Marquez, and Eric Morales (in their 1st tussle). Forget about de la Hoya. He was drained and washed-up then. Would promoter Arum curses himself till Kingdom Come incase upsets happens? Upset ensued after he pitted his dangerous then-undefeated-knocked-out puncher pug Juan Manuel Lopez to the underrated but granite-chinned Salido just to avoid a marquee fight against undefeated Gamboa. What happen? Lopez lost. Likewise in the same event last Sunday (Philippines) hoi-polloi favorite Andre Berto also lost to Ortiz and his probable multi-million dollars fight vs. Pacquiao
    You are crazy!!! This will not be Pacs most dangerous fight. Trying to compare this to Berto-Ortiz, and JuanMa-Salido is insane. Yes Berto was the favorite, but a fight most thought Ortiz had a good chance of winning. Ortiz has always had a ton of talent and Berto's record was always in question. JuanMa was a bit more of a upset to me, but not on the level of Mosley beating Pac. Salido was a quality opponet who went the distace with Gamboa in a highly competitve fight, and JuanMa had a questionable chin by most. Now your're thinking arguably the worlds best fighter is going to lose to a someone who has looked horrible in his last two fight. I don't see it happening. Pac will win in a brutal stoppage.
    Hey man, I am talking here about upset, probable upset by Mosley against Pacman. I am talkin here Mosley as the toughest foe Pac will face. Can you give me the toughest Pacman has face aside from those I mentioned in my original poser? Probably you say Margarito. Shane knocked the shit out of him at the 9th Round. But Marga survived Pacman. He even KO pacman's Mom Dionesia after that flushed left hook he unleashed vs. Manny boy.
    You sound as if Shane is just your regular journeyman that has been plucked by Arum to fight Manny. YOu go to BoxingRec and look who were the opponents of Shane. MOra and Mayweather, and even Forest and Wright have the style that do not suit Shane's style.
    But Manny? Jesus Christ, his "wait and I'll lick your ass" suit" Shane clashing style. Thus we can not ignore an upset here. This fight could be a Fight of the Year nominee probably much better than Morales vs. Maidana
    Journeyman, NO. Plucked to fight Manny, YES to sell a shit load of tickets and PPV's to the casual boxing fan who only sees the names and want to watch this PPV.

Thread Information