Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley is the toughest opponent Pacquiao is going to face

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    I'm beting against Pacman, but I'm riding with Shane.
    "Shane, please knock this dude out!"

Yes I do believe that Shane chance of winning will only come with the hardest punch he every threw. But saying that, if Shane be looking for that knockout punch, Manny is going to kill him. Naz have to have a gameplan. If he don't, here it go

Shane is going to have to read Manny's first punch. A pawing jab. That's the punch that Shane is going to have to punch with or offset Manny's rhythm with a strong jab(not the pawing jab he usually throws) or run out the way. Shane "HAD" good combonation speed. but now he can't match Manny. So if Manny get off first, Shane needs to, 1. Step in and hold for dear life 2. Cover up and pray or 3. Absorb and counter Manny 3rd or 4th punch. Manny second punch have death written all over it. Sometimes his fourth. Another thing, Shane is going to have to do, is cut Manny's angle with an angle. And I mean footwork cause we all know Manny punches come from different angles as well. But 90% of Manny's angles be cut to the right. Against most peoples power. If Shane can step into the counter, he might can slow Manny's combo down a bit.
    Last but not least, Shane will hip punch and lower his head to cut Manny(not intentionally of course).

Shane's best chances of winning
    See I think this analysis is pretty good. I do think Naz and Shane will KNOW what to do and that Shane will recognize the opportunities in the ring. But I think he no longer has the reflexes or balance to EXECUTE quickly enough to be effective.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah thats the art of boxing---but no one wants to see him fight, he stinks out the whole arena with his style. Not getting hit is fine....but not engaging your opponent stinks out the whole arena. ODLH Big shots Oscar was never at the right punching range to get any leverage into his shots, he was crowded up too close to mayweather the whole fight, trying to cut the frikkin ring off/trap him on the ropes. Oscar is not an in-fighter, he needs room, he needs to find his range. I wouldnt say mayweather took too many good anchored, leveraged shots at all in that fight. More like good, stiff arm punches, at best.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    yeah thats the art of boxing---but no one wants to see him fight, he stinks out the whole arena with his style. Not getting hit is fine....but not engaging your opponent stinks out the whole arena. ODLH Big shots Oscar was never at the right punching range to get any leverage into his shots, he was crowded up too close to mayweather the whole fight, trying to cut the frikkin ring off/trap him on the ropes. Oscar is not an in-fighter, he needs room, he needs to find his range. I wouldnt say mayweather took too many good anchored, leveraged shots at all in that fight. More like good, stiff arm punches, at best.
    No one wants to see him fight?

What was ODLH biggest payday? What was Hattons biggest payday? Marquez's biggest payday? Which fight (should it come off) is being touted as the the biggest grossing fight of all time? That's Mayweather vs Pacquiao if you haven't been on earth for the last 3 years!

Look at this video if you don't think De La Hoya hit Mayweather with any good shots. There are quite a few on here but look at the one at around 4:50, that was a great shot and it never even bothered him!

Mayweather is a tool no doubt but he is the most talented boxer on the planet no doubt.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would have been a dangerous fight a few years ago, not now.

This will be Shanes last big money fight. Nothing like a good beating for a send off!

This will be like the Margarito fight, only worse. I think we'll get a couple of competitive rounds, but Shane will struggle for the remaining 10.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao will stop Sugar in 6, there I said it. I don't think it'll be a KO, but he's going to get cut and puffy, corner calls it. Pacquiao has many, many dimensions, Mosley gassed against money, and was lucky to escape with a draw against Mora in what was supposed to be his good performance to get back in the lime light. YES he has a punchers chance, but it's a slim one. There's a reason he's paying out 5 to 1.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley has a real shot in the first 3 to 15 minutes. His style is based on people who come to him and Manny is not going to back peddle. Shane punches like Armstrong and that's why he was such a destroyer at 135. Interesting to see how Manny takes a cork screw type shot because Shane is going to land. Richardson is not looking for a points win and neither is Shane. The plan is to blow your wad in the first 18 minutes. After that, Shane becomes a pin cushion. He simply does not have the legs. Shane either knocks him out early to mid or he suffers UD loss.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep;962162[B
    ]Pacquiao will stop Sugar in 6, there I said it. I don't think it'll be a KO, but he's going to get cut and puffy, corner calls it.[/B] Pacquiao has many, many dimensions, Mosley gassed against money, and was lucky to escape with a draw against Mora in what was supposed to be his good performance to get back in the lime light. YES he has a punchers chance, but it's a slim one. There's a reason he's paying out 5 to 1.

I can buy that, except it will likely go 8 to 10 rounds before the ref calls it, or Mosley's corner does. Pacquiao is at the absolute peak of his game, and Shane is fading badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac man handled everybody in front of him since stepping up from 135. Knocked out Hatton with a pin point accurate left bow and arrow counter, knocked down Cotto and wobbled Margarito with beautiful right hooks and made the always competitive Clottey have no prayer by throwing 1000 punches.
    Who in Mosley's training camp sparring wise is even preparing him for sharp right hooks ? Nobody.
    He is not even training to win just doing what he did for Mayweather and Mora which is being the best opponent he can be.
    I am a big Mosley fan and he is one of the nicest guys in the sport but I wish he would have retired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.
    No, it's not.
    5 or 6 years ago, this would have been a horrific mismatch in favor of Mosley. Manny was in the 130 lb weight division while Shane was in 154.

It would also be considered a mismatch just 2 years ago in Mosley's favor when he just beat Margarito and was in 147 while Manny was in 140.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 04-20-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.
    No, it's not.
    5 or 6 years ago, this would have been a horrific mismatch in favor of Mosley. Manny was in the 130 lb weight division while Shane was in 154.

It would also be considered a mismatch just 2 years ago in Mosley's favor when he just beat Margarito and was in 147 while Manny was in 140.
    Xaduboxer, what I've should have said was the version of Mosley 5 or 6 years against this version of Manny. You happy? I'm pretty sure others know what I mean.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DogTheBountyHunter View Post
    Pac man handled everybody in front of him since stepping up from 135. Knocked out Hatton with a pin point accurate left bow and arrow counter, knocked down Cotto and wobbled Margarito with beautiful right hooks and made the always competitive Clottey have no prayer by throwing 1000 punches.
    Who in Mosley's training camp sparring wise is even preparing him for sharp right hooks ? Nobody.
    He is not even training to win just doing what he did for Mayweather and Mora which is being the best opponent he can be. I am a big Mosley fan and he is one of the nicest guys in the sport but I wish he would have retired.
    He's old, slow to pull the trigger and agree with rest....but I'll never believe Mosley comes into a fight to dog it and not train and try to win, least of all to a Mora.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say it, I think Shane might win. Unless MAnny decides to out box him which he could do I have never witnessed Shane get out slugged by any one he is fast enough and hits harder than anyone at the weight a slugfest with him is a silly idea.

He's better than any one Pac has fought since moving up in weight, Cotto was ruined by Marg, Marg ruined by Mosley, Hatton not that good, Oscar shot and Clottey is terrible these were all good wins for the much smaller Pacman but this is his hardest fight since moving up Shane is faster than any of the big fighters Pac has fought, has a better chin and hits harder.

I give mayweather a lot of credit for this win I will also give Pac a lot of credit if he gets the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think ability to knock Pac flat on his a$$, I can't help but feel he'll be the toughest opponent in that respect...

But I also have a feeling Pac is going to be using him for a mobile punching bag for at least 6 rounds..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane will cause Pac Man problems because he is experienced enough to that and may even land the round house right hand that he caught Floyd with. However I dfo not think he is busy, and probably yoing enough to maintain it and will do well to survive to see the final bell.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will demonstrate again why boxing fans love Pacquiao and not Mayweather. Unlike the Mosley-mayweather snoozefest, a fight will be waged, punches will be thrown, big shots will be landed, chins tested. We will pay our money because we can depend on Paquiao to give us our money's worth.

I don't understand these posts that claim Naz Richardson will have an impact. Naz seems to be a good trainer and I like him but Mosley does not appear to be coachable.

Thread Information