Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley is the toughest opponent Pacquiao is going to face

Prime for prime at 135, that would be interesting (even if Pac did pretty much skip that weight class)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you replace the word "is" with the word "was". I agree with all the pro Mosley comments.

If you've watched any of Shanes last 2 fights you'll know he has no real chance.

If it was Mora vs Pac we wouldn't even be having a conversation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is, I have no doubt that Mosley knows how to beat Pacquiao and that Richardson knows the plan to take him out. It's the fact that none of us know if Shane can follow through with that kind of performance consistently. Then again, not many expected Erik Morales to outslug Maidana. Morales didn't have to put on a spectacular performance, what he did was found the holes in Maidana's game and exploited them every chance he got, and conserved his energy the rest of the times. This is something Mosley should do. Mosley should take advantage of the holes in Manny's game and invest in the body early. Problem is, Shane has never been one to stick to a gameplan, he is more one that fights with all emotion, he can follow a gameplan for a round or so, but once he gets hit his fighter instinct gets the better of him. The last fight he ever followed the gameplan fully in was Margarito, but Margarito's wide looping shots and height didn't offer Mosley any issues with pressure. Against Pacquiao it's a whole different kind of monster. What I do not want this fight to turn into is a glorified sparring session where Mosley concedes the fight halfway through and just takes punishment.

But holes in Pacquiao's game have been shown, and they have been getting more and more apparently because Pacquiao IS slowing down. All these impressive performances, he is getting hit a lot more than he used to over the last few years when he worked on his boxing and in and out, he is losing some craft and getting hit more, so this is gonna be the best Pacquiao Mosley has a chance of beating at this stage. When Freddie says "I've seen your last two fights" to Shane, Mosley should say "and I've seen his last three" .
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.
    No, it's not.
    5 or 6 years ago, this would have been a horrific mismatch in favor of Mosley. Manny was in the 130 lb weight division while Shane was in 154.

It would also be considered a mismatch just 2 years ago in Mosley's favor when he just beat Margarito and was in 147 while Manny was in 140.
    Xaduboxer, what I've should have said was the version of Mosley 5 or 6 years against this version of Manny. You happy? I'm pretty sure others know what I mean.
    Maybe ........ now that you clarified it.

BTW, I'm not Xadu but this isn't the first time I heard that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Prime for prime at 135, that would be interesting (even if Pac did pretty much skip that weight class)

Comedy central. Manny never fought outside of the weakest title holder and Shane was 34 and 0 with 32 ko's at lightweight.

135 Shane destroys him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Comedy central. Manny never fought outside of the weakest title holder and Shane was 34 and 0 with 32 ko's at lightweight.

135 Shane destroys him.
    Diaz was weak no doubt.
    But destroy Pacquiao as in dominate or by knockout? Not that version of Pac against Mosley at LW. While 34-0 was impressive for Shane but take a close look at his LW reign. Beating guys like Phillip Holiday, John John Molina, Jesse James Leija and Golden Johnson is one thing beating Pacquiao at LW is another. It would have been a great competitive fight that probably ends up being close on the cards would be my guess, but Shane dominating a Pacman that was pretty much complete at that stage? I don't see it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    If you replace the word "is" with the word "was". I agree with all the pro Mosley comments.

If you've watched any of Shanes last 2 fights you'll know he has no real chance.

If it was Mora vs Pac we wouldn't even be having a conversation.
    But my friend, Mora is Big (Junior Middle Weight), Pacman is not. Mora runs, Pacman comes.
    Mosley is strong, Pacman is not against Super welterweight like Margarito and Mosley.
    This is what they could analytical conversation.
    MOra's defensive fighter, Pacman's offensive pug.
    Shane could not get backpedaling Mora, Shane would gobble your steamrolling Pacman

Thread Information