Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mosley is the toughest opponent Pacquiao is going to face

Mosley is the toughest foe Pacquiao is goin' to face. He is much dangerous than Marquez, and Eric Morales (in their 1st tussle). Forget about de la Hoya. He was drained and washed-up then. Would promoter Arum curses himself till Kingdom Come incase upsets happens? Upset ensued after he pitted his dangerous then-undefeated-knocked-out puncher pug Juan Manuel Lopez to the underrated but granite-chinned Salido just to avoid a marquee fight against undefeated Gamboa. What happen? Lopez lost. Likewise in the same event last Sunday (Philippines) hoi-polloi favorite Andre Berto also lost to Ortiz and his probable multi-million dollars fight vs. Pacquiao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley is the toughest opponent Pacquiao is going to face

Mosley is handpicked for both Pac and Floyd. Look at every time Shane fought after being out of the ring 5 +months or more. He has had his worst performances when off long layoffs.

Mosley should have retired few years ago. He is starting to show the effects of his long career and moving back and forth from 154 to 147 at 36-40 years old is no bueno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toto View Post
    Mosley is the toughest foe Pacquiao is goin' to face. He is much dangerous than Marquez, and Eric Morales (in their 1st tussle). Forget about de la Hoya. He was drained and washed-up then. Would promoter Arum curses himself till Kingdom Come incase upsets happens? Upset ensued after he pitted his dangerous then-undefeated-knocked-out puncher pug Juan Manuel Lopez to the underrated but granite-chinned Salido just to avoid a marquee fight against undefeated Gamboa. What happen? Lopez lost. Likewise in the same event last Sunday (Philippines) hoi-polloi favorite Andre Berto also lost to Ortiz and his probable multi-million dollars fight vs. Pacquiao
    You are crazy!!! This will not be Pacs most dangerous fight. Trying to compare this to Berto-Ortiz, and JuanMa-Salido is insane. Yes Berto was the favorite, but a fight most thought Ortiz had a good chance of winning. Ortiz has always had a ton of talent and Berto's record was always in question. JuanMa was a bit more of a upset to me, but not on the level of Mosley beating Pac. Salido was a quality opponet who went the distace with Gamboa in a highly competitve fight, and JuanMa had a questionable chin by most. Now your're thinking arguably the worlds best fighter is going to lose to a someone who has looked horrible in his last two fight. I don't see it happening. Pac will win in a brutal stoppage.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley from 5 years ago would have been a handful for Pacquiao, but he has no shot against Manny now. Hell the 39 year old Mosley could only manage a draw in his last fight against Sergio Mora and he's going to be Pacquiao's toughest opponent? I don't think so, sad to say, Shane is going to take a beating, and be stopped for the first time in his career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference between Mora and Manny is Pac loves to fight, he almost thrives on the combat. This will be Mosley's slim chance as Manny will engage while boxer-movers simulating gloved preservationist baffle an old Mosley. Who ever signed Mora after Mayweather was a dope. Mosley's biggest chance is to attack Manny out right and get him on his heels and into exchanges, his instinct is to fight out not flight out. At some point along the way I can really see Mosley depositing Manny on his backside, power surprising him and Manny needing to switch gears early on. Spanning a career I dont know about most 'dangerous' but maybe I'm off my rocker...I think Mosley is live in this fight. He either ends up looking like William Joppy after Hopkins...or he gets a....hold on here....he gets a tko on Manny I know, nuts.
    I'm not stuck in current 'upset' think. Have thought it before it was signed. Styles. Actually like this fight. Going to be many small explosions and frequent points of impact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toto View Post
    You are crazy!!! This will not be Pacs most dangerous fight. Trying to compare this to Berto-Ortiz, and JuanMa-Salido is insane. Yes Berto was the favorite, but a fight most thought Ortiz had a good chance of winning. Ortiz has always had a ton of talent and Berto's record was always in question. JuanMa was a bit more of a upset to me, but not on the level of Mosley beating Pac. Salido was a quality opponet who went the distace with Gamboa in a highly competitve fight, and JuanMa had a questionable chin by most. Now your're thinking arguably the worlds best fighter is going to lose to a someone who has looked horrible in his last two fight. I don't see it happening. Pac will win in a brutal stoppage.
    Hey man, I am talking here about upset, probable upset by Mosley against Pacman. I am talkin here Mosley as the toughest foe Pac will face. Can you give me the toughest Pacman has face aside from those I mentioned in my original poser? Probably you say Margarito. Shane knocked the shit out of him at the 9th Round. But Marga survived Pacman. He even KO pacman's Mom Dionesia after that flushed left hook he unleashed vs. Manny boy.
    You sound as if Shane is just your regular journeyman that has been plucked by Arum to fight Manny. YOu go to BoxingRec and look who were the opponents of Shane. MOra and Mayweather, and even Forest and Wright have the style that do not suit Shane's style.
    But Manny? Jesus Christ, his "wait and I'll lick your ass" suit" Shane clashing style. Thus we can not ignore an upset here. This fight could be a Fight of the Year nominee probably much better than Morales vs. Maidana

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

............Mosley is the most washed-up opponent Pacquiao is going to face.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Shane has only the mildest punchers chance. I think he's shot. He was shaking his hands because he couldn't let them go against Floyd. That's a classic sign of a guy who can no longer pull the trigger. He can see the openings, but he can no longer act on them.

Shane has a chance because he's powerful and Manny is really only a lightweight (by today's standards). But I think if Floyd discouraged Shane, Manny will build on that and Shane will not make it through the middle rounds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gonna say it one more time, styles make fights. Mosely is gonna be like a Margarito that can actually hit Pac, and probably even harder. How can you guys after all these upsets and fights where people didnt expect good fights(morales/ortiz) write Mosely off? Once again I'm gonna go with this fight will be alot closer/better than most of you expect....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill go with Pac on a late stoppage after a close fight but the younger more aerobic fighter taking it out.

I also think Pac has the style to catch Shane on angles as he is coming forward too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Gonna say it one more time, styles make fights. Mosely is gonna be like a Margarito that can actually hit Pac, and probably even harder. How can you guys after all these upsets and fights where people didnt expect good fights(morales/ortiz) write Mosely off? Once again I'm gonna go with this fight will be alot closer/better than most of you expect....
    This fight will be more one sided than people think. Mosley had ease with Margarito because of his style as a more stationary target. Mosley was also active before that fight. In the last 2.5 + years he has fought Mayweather and was gassed in the first round and vs Mora he looked like crap.
    This is a payday for Mosley he has no intentions of winning just collecting his retirement fund which was diminished by his divorce and now he has replenished that by losing to Floyd and Manny.

Mosley will be stopped mark my words.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley just doesn't have the legs or the output.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crazy talk, Mosley of 4 years ago would have been a quality test. But 4 years is an eternity when you are north of 35. All the decline is setting in for anyone at that juncture, let alone a boxer who has been getting hit on the head for 2 decades.

I will be willing Mosley on as I like the guy and always root for the underdog, but how many fighters beat the PFP best at nigh on 40? It never happens does it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Because he was gassed against Mayweather after about 3 rounds. Mayweather doesn't have the work-rate of Pacquiao. Mosley is fucked.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito against Pac had more of chance than Shane does. Shane is shot and will be stopped, I say before the 8th. This would have been a great fight 5 or 6 years ago.

Thread Information