Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ringside - James DeGale

I dont know if its just me but listening to Degale makes me cringe , he is such a prick.
    He has done nothing yet as pro but is so far up his own arse it beggers belief , yes he may beat Groves , but so what, it is a good domestic dust up at best.
    I will never take to Degale and i do hope he fights the elite of the divison as i think and hope he will get badly beaten.
    For me the guy doesnt even deliver his punches correctly , he isnt as powerful as he thinks , and he doesnt have the public support like a Nigel Benn or Watson.
    He does love himself , but I dont like him as a boxer or person.
    He is also an ugly long faced bastard who seems to think he is better looking than his oponants.
    Basically he is a wanker.

What did you guys think of his interview on ringside , and what do you think of Degale.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ringside - James DeGale

I like Degale and on domestic level he is the best at his weight but i'm not sure he is european level yet, and definetely not world level. Although i think he could become world level.

As for him and how he comes across, i think Jim McDonnell needs to take some stick for that as he has built James up to be the greatest he has had. I don't go along with that myself and even if he is, then so what? The people around Degale just blow him up to be some superstar, which he is not. Yet!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I dont know if its just me but listening to Degale makes me cringe , he is such a prick.
    He has done nothing yet as pro but is so far up his own arse it beggers belief , yes he may beat Groves , but so what, it is a good domestic dust up at best.
    I will never take to Degale and i do hope he fights the elite of the divison as i think and hope he will get badly beaten.
    For me the guy doesnt even deliver his punches correctly , he isnt as powerful as he thinks , and he doesnt have the public support like a Nigel Benn or Watson.
    He is also an ugly long faced bastard who seems to think he is better looking than his oponants.

What did you guys think of his interview on ringside , and what do you think of Degale.
    I agree with everything apart from the 'don't know if it's just me' bit.

I've got everything crossed that ugly boy comes over from Ireland and hands him his ass.

I could maybe grow to like him in future, but right now he needs to be humbled.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think he is punchy already or just plane stupid.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spoke to sombody who spent most of last week with him and he said he was a nice guy when the cameras where not about.

He gets people talking about him and his fights so he is doing his job well and is good for boxing in that respect.

But yes I do agree he comes across as a total prick on tv.
    Balls

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Spoke to sombody who spent most of last week with him and he said he was a nice guy when the cameras where not about.

He gets people talking about him and his fights so he is doing his job well and is good for boxing in that respect.

But yes I do agree he comes across as a total prick on tv.
    What makes it worse is its so blatantly obvious he doesnt have a shred of convition in what hes saying or the tone of his voice. He sounds nervous and trying to talk shit to hide it.

In that ringside eposode where him and Groves are sat side by side he offered a bet which Groves imediately stands up and offers his hand for and then DeGale backs out. It was embarrasing and made me cringe. He isnt very confident for this opponent at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has his moments, but I like him to be honest. I think he's just playing up to the cameras. I've heard he's a real nice guy in person. I think he's just taking the floyd mayweather route and trying to be the play the bad guy at times. Fair play to him I say.

As for his talent, I think he can go on to great things, I think he's even past euro level right now tbh. I will most likely root for him all the way.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the fact he was booed in his pro debut , sums up the real fans passion for him ,
    as i said he is an ugly long faced cunt.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the fact he was booed in his pro debut , sums up the real fans passion for him ,
    And yet he calls Grove the ugly kid. Wally but a very talented wally all the same.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really would love to see De gay fight one of the worlds elite , because his slappy style and lack of power will get him KOED , then i will be happy to listen to his post bout interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldnt have put it better myself

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren said de Gale has been offered a world title shot, a bit early for him just yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Best comment on this thread.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Thread Information