Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
I watched the couture and St Pierre fights and have to say I wasnt very impressed with what I saw of GSP given how he is hyped. He telegraphs his work, like those apinning kicks and the over hand rights. His opponent looked tired very early, it was sloppy rubbish really. The Machida kick was good as it would have been very hard to see that coming, rather than GSP thinking hes Jean Claude Van Damme with the theatrical kicks that do nothing.

I saw a clip on Van Damme at some expo and he is explaining to people that in boxing you have the jab and straight right hand and that the big looping punches rairly land so why not use straight kicks from your front leg like a jab. Thats exactly what
Machida did.
Isn't there a slight contradiction there? You say GSP thought he was "Jean Claude Van Damme with his theatrical kicks that do nothing" then say about a clip you saw of Jean Claude Van Damme and how Machida used that technique exactly and got a KO? Saying he is naff then saying someone used his move to win? Plus the kick was taught to Machida by Steven Segal!