Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Democrat or Republican

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrat or Republican

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Democrat or Republican

If you lived in the USA what political party would you vote for?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Democrat or Republican

Republican.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Republican.
    You are strange, sometimes you are for the state and welfare and other times you have right wing views that. Thought you would have gone independent.

Ghost which Indepenednt person would you vote for?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Republican.
    You are strange, sometimes you are for the state and welfare and other times you have right wing views that. Thought you would have gone independent.

Don't know who is running, but Ross Perot was a good one a few years back. Liked his style.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Republican.

I'm unashamedly firmly on the right. As a party right now I think the Republicans suck. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman would make awful Presidents.

But they are the party of pro guns, anti abortion, anti gay marriages etc etc.

So I would choose them every time.

And if that meant Palin getting in and ruining America, well I couldn't care less as it's not my country

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about Donald Trump for the republicans?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about Donald Trump for the republicans?
    That man is a total turnip. Looks a bit like one too.

The democrats are the lesser of two evils, but they are still pretty rotten. In terms of principles I would probably go with a credible independant, but it's probably just a vote thrown away considering they only ever get about 4% of the vote.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like Ralph Nader as an Independant. He is someone I have a lot of time for.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For an American perspective it's interesting to see what you guys are saying here. The logic overall is pretty similar to how many Americans choose affiliation. Both parties are corrupt and inevitably hurt the country when in power for too long. What is essential (and many will disagree with me here) is pendulum that swings from right to left, left to right. Because most Americans are far more centrist that politicians.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    For an American perspective it's interesting to see what you guys are saying here. The logic overall is pretty similar to how many Americans choose affiliation. Both parties are corrupt and inevitably hurt the country when in power for too long. What is essential (and many will disagree with me here) is pendulum that swings from right to left, left to right. Because most Americans are far more centrist that politicians.
    My own take though is that the pendulum never really swings to the left. It wavers back and forth, but always on the right side. In terms of US politics of the past 40 years, I see all too few initiatives that I would class as truly left wing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    My own take though is that the pendulum never really swings to the left. It wavers back and forth, but always on the right side. In terms of US politics of the past 40 years, I see all too few initiatives that I would class as truly left wing.
    haha it's waaaaaay to the left now. Did you know that in American universities 8/10 professors are now liberals?

I read it in Time a few weeks ago. Has to be true.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    haha it's waaaaaay to the left now. Did you know that in American universities 8/10 professors are now liberals?

I read it in Time a few weeks ago. Has to be true.
    Academics are typically smart and observant people, but they are not in government nor forming policies. I don't see what that has to do with this.

The left has been attacked and dismantled for a long time now and with so called talk of a deficit crisis we are seeing an expansion of this policy. Politics has been and is firmly on the side of the right. I am sure you can bring up examples of this not being so, but as a whole you cannot say that US politics is 'way to the left'. That is silly talk.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You left off Libertarian and Green Party. But to answer the question I vote Libertarian.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To go off of Killer's post I don't think we should swing left or right but have a federal gov't that strictly follows the constitution. Individual states can have varying degrees of left/right gov't but not at the federal level. The Constitution was written specifically to provide the feds with a strict set of enumerated powers and to allow the citizens of individual states to have much more autonomy over their local policies. Once the 17th went into play the whole crux of the system was removed.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was too strong in my last statement, some academics obviously do have influence, but name me one from the left that has influenced government policy. They are few and far between.

Thread Information