Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Been Watching The Snooker ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Anyone Been Watching The Snooker ?

Hope Judd Trump beats cheating John Higgins.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Been Watching The Snooker ?

not really paid it much attention this year but I don't like Higgins - and how he goyt away so lightly with what he did is beyond me

been watching some clips of Trump and its like watching Alex and Jimmy when they first hit the scene - am warming to hin and he says he wants to entertain.

That style will certainly get hin fans but as we've over the years seen it doesn't bring the titles and consistency that Davis and Hendry had. But I know which type of player I would rather be
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    not really paid it much attention this year but I don't like Higgins - and how he goyt away so lightly with what he did is beyond me

been watching some clips of Trump and its like watching Alex and Jimmy when they first hit the scene - am warming to hin and he says he wants to entertain.

That style will certainly get hin fans but as we've over the years seen it doesn't bring the titles and consistency that Davis and Hendry had. But I know which type of player I would rather be
    Mark it is unreal how that bent cunt Higgins got away with a fucking six month ban which just happened to fall in the off season so basically got banned for 2 fucking months!!!

He said he went along with these guys in the Ukraine he called " gangstas" because he feared for his life haha, but his then manager/agent had already met these guys three/four times previous to this? Makes me angry he got away with it, when Quinten Hann was caught do nearly the exact same thing he got an eight year ban, How the fuck does that work?

I saw him get heckled last night well done to the bloke for standing up to him, fuck Higgins the bent cunt. Hope Trump smashes him!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Mark it is unreal how that bent cunt Higgins got away with a fucking six month ban which just happened to fall in the off season so basically got banned for 2 fucking months!!!

He said he went along with these guys in the Ukraine he called " gangstas" because he feared for his life haha, but his then manager/agent had already met these guys three/four times previous to this? Makes me angry he got away with it, when Quinten Hann was caught do nearly the exact same thing he got an eight year ban, How the fuck does that work?

I saw him get heckled last night well done to the bloke for standing up to him, fuck Higgins the bent cunt. Hope Trump smashes him!!!
    Totally agree mate can't stand Higgins, its 4-4 in first session. Trump should of been 5-3 up but stupidly went for the 147 when he should of just made sure of the frame. I think Judd Trump is playing better but John Higgins is so hard to beat, as Mark Williams found out twice.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Trump will win it. I've watched the whole tournament and he has played best. I had 3 tips at the start (didn't put any money on) Selby, Trump and Williams. Dunno what Trump's odds were at the start, must've been at least 25s??

As for Higgins, I really don't know how he got away with what he did, it is so obvious that he was bent! With all the money he has and all the game has given him and he will agree to throw frames for a quick buck
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump was 40/1 after winning in CHina. I had a small bet on him at 35/1. I had a better bet on him to beat Robertson and win his quarter. However, I had much bigger bets on Ding (especially Ding) and Williams in all sorts of combos. Fucking gutted yesterday. Gutted. Gutted.

As for Higgins - Maybe i'm a bit naive, but I think you guys are being a bit harsh. There's a big difference between intentionally throwing a game and SAYING it's possible to throw a game.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Judd Trump showed some good bottle today, he's 10-7 up going into the final sessions tomorrow. Amazing player and he's the same age as me, unbelievable he could be quite a force in the future best of luck to him tomorrow.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Trump was 40/1 after winning in CHina. I had a small bet on him at 35/1. I had a better bet on him to beat Robertson and win his quarter. However, I had much bigger bets on Ding (especially Ding) and Williams in all sorts of combos. Fucking gutted yesterday. Gutted. Gutted.

As for Higgins - Maybe i'm a bit naive, but I think you guys are being a bit harsh. There's a big difference between intentionally throwing a game and SAYING it's possible to throw a game.

ok but he never answered two questions (at least I never saw them answered)

i) why was he there

ii) why didn't he report it

had he not been the world number one I am certain the consequences would have been much harsher. And his manager will have just agreed to take the fall

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i) why was he there

had he not been the world number one I am certain the consequences would have been much harsher. And his manager will have just agreed to take the fall
    1. To meet rich business men about promoting exhibition tournaments in East Europe.

2. That's why he got a six month ban and fined £75,000.

Had there been any evidence that he ever threw a WPBSA sanctioned match, as opposed to saying it's possible to miss a ball in an exhibiton match, i'm sure the consequences would have been much harsher too.

Quentin Hann got an eight year ban for supposedly agreeing to throw a match in the China Open. He didn't even try to defend himself, he didn't go to the hearing. Also Neil Roberston informed the WPBSA that Hann approached him about fixing a match for £30,000.

Big difference.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ii) he was hiding something then

have to say I think the journalists who trap people like this should be the first to go down in these situations anyway

ICB Guest

i) why was he there

1. To meet rich business men about promoting exhibition tournaments in East Europe.

Had there been any evidence that he ever threw a WPBSA sanctioned match, as opposed to saying it's possible to miss a ball in an exhibiton match, i'm sure the consequences would have been much harsher too.

Quentin Hann got an eight year ban for supposedly agreeing to throw a match in the China Open. He didn't even try to defend himself, he didn't go to the hearing. Also Neil Roberston informed the WPBSA that Hann approached him about fixing a match for £30,000.

Big difference.
    I thought the video footage was pretty clear, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Plus that match he played against Steve Davis, was an obvious fix i've never seen him play that bad. Yes players have off days but that was ridiculous he was missing balls all over the place.

Oh by the way what a knob Quinten Hann was, i always hated him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

i) why was he there

Big difference.
    I thought the video footage was pretty clear, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Plus that match he played against Steve Davis, was an obvious fix i've never seen him play that bad. Yes players have off days but that was ridiculous he was missing balls all over the place.

Oh by the way what a knob Quinten Hann was, i always hated him.
    That is utterly pathetic. Bookmakers are the first to expose suspicious betting patterns. They have the right to NOT payout on anything they deem suspicious/corrupt. There's not one single shred of evidence anyone greatly profited from Higgins losing to Davis. The bookies never mentioned a single suspicious bet. So please explain how Higgins gained from intentionally blowing his chance to win £250,000, plus the virtual £1million guarantee that comes with being World Champion, when there was ZERO amounts of money won that wasn't out of the norm? Do you not realise how pathetic that is? You are saying Higgins PURPOSELY lost for NOTHING!!! Come on now, that is beyond silly..

Having your hand caught in the "cookie jar" means there's clear evidence of wrongdoing. There is ZERO evidence Higgins has ever purposely missed a pot in his life let alone thrown a game/match. The NOTW footage showed Higgins talking about how you can miss balls it didn't show him actually missing balls.

And If you think it's corrupt that a six-times world champion, one of the greatest players that's ever lived, a man who was still ranked in the top 20, can win a match, then you must think every upset that happens in boxing is fixed, right?

Upsets happen in every sport.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster, I agree on the Steve Davis thing, but in the NOW it was pretty clear that Higgins was agreeing to lose frames for money. He actually discusses how payment (and how much) will be made. He asks how he is going to 'swallow' £300,000. He asks if they can pay a mortgage on his Spanish property. He's going a bit deeper than that is just 'possible' to throw frames. He didn't actually do it, because he never got the chance. If somebody plots to bomb the Pentagon, just because they got caught before they did it, doesn't make them not guilty of anything.

Anyway....

Steve Davis said last night that John Higgns is the best player ever, I have to agree. To win 3 times in the last 5 years, with the standard of opposition in that period is incredible. Would Hendry have sone the same? Maybe? But the competition was nothing near what it is now.

My opinion has always been that the 4 best players ever are Hendry, Williams O'Sullivan and Higgins, I think Higgins has just gone to the top of that list.

PS Trump lost that match, more than Higgis winning it imo. Trump was far to happy to have lost!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Fenster, I agree on the Steve Davis thing, but in the NOW it was pretty clear that Higgins was agreeing to lose frames for money. He actually discusses how payment (and how much) will be made. He asks how he is going to 'swallow' £300,000. He asks if they can pay a mortgage on his Spanish property. He's going a bit deeper than that is just 'possible' to throw frames. He didn't actually do it, because he never got the chance. If somebody plots to bomb the Pentagon, just because they got caught before they did it, doesn't make them not guilty of anything.

Anyway....

Steve Davis said last night that John Higgns is the best player ever, I have to agree. To win 3 times in the last 5 years, with the standard of opposition in that period is incredible. Would Hendry have sone the same? Maybe? But the competition was nothing near what it is now.

My opinion has always been that the 4 best players ever are Hendry, Williams O'Sullivan and Higgins, I think Higgins has just gone to the top of that list.

PS Trump lost that match, more than Higgis winning it imo. Trump was far to happy to have lost!
    It was a blatant fix ().

You're probably right about Higgins, but he was discussing missing balls in an exhibition match that didn't even exist. For sure he was wrong, he disgraced himself and will always have people thinking he's a cheating cunt, but he didn't actually cheat, that's all.

Anyway - Fucker cost me bigtime all tournament. Ban him! Ban him! Ban him!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would still put Higgins behind Hendry and Davis on greatest ever players list - greatest players in the sense that they were tournament winners

Three of the dullest I ever watched mind

Thread Information