Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, 2011. What do you make of this?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, 2011. What do you make of this?

Victor Ortiz - Boxer

i think this is just a ploy from mayweather to steal some attention from the upcoming pac-mosley fight. if this pushes thru, then good for him and i will look forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, 2011. What do you make of this?

not big enough for floyd

say what you like about money but in his last 2 outings other than the big dawg he has opted to fight the 2nd and 3rd best available options out there
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ortiz brings the same hunger as he did vs Berto, he could well knock Mayweather the fuck out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, 2011. What do you make of this?

Tune up if it happens.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Tune up if it happens.

Agreed, different leagues.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it happens. Saw him beaming at ringside and eyeing that trinket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is true I think it is a great fight, Floyd fighting a young big powerful 147 fighter I think it would be a great fight even a dangerous fight for Floyd at this stage of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't matter.....The Pacfarts will rag on Floyd for this one. Yet if Pac said he was fighting Ortiz the Pacfarts would be putting Floyd down even more. But Shane is a great opponent and in his prime too...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't jump down my back for assuming Box Rec always has the facts straight. But......they do have Floyd and Victor fighting on the 17th in Cowboys Stadium. Please tell me why Cowboys Stadium? Isn't this Arum's turf? And Victor and Floyd aren't connected or going to do favors for Arum. Anyone have any ideas?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing for sure: I could hardly get excited by the idea of that fight.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mafiajoey View Post
    Don't jump down my back for assuming Box Rec always has the facts straight. But......they do have Floyd and Victor fighting on the 17th in Cowboys Stadium. Please tell me why Cowboys Stadium? Isn't this Arum's turf? And Victor and Floyd aren't connected or going to do favors for Arum. Anyone have any ideas?
    Floyd will be lucky to sell 20000 tickets and the stadium will be look empty.

Floyds fights only sell well when he is faceing a well known big name.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    One thing for sure: I could hardly get excited by the idea of that fight.
    Why not? It's a great matchup and Ortiz is one of the most exciting fighters around.

Do you believe in the invincibility of Floyd Mayweather or something? He's only fought twice in 3 years and would have been 18 months out of the ring by the time that fight took place.

Unless you assume he's some kind of super human and judge him differently from all other fighters how could you possibly make the case that this is an unintersting routine comeback fight for him?

If he comes back after 18 months and goes straight to fighting Ortiz that would be a big risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My issue with this is not that Floyd is fighting Ortiz but the timing of the announcement for the fight. He did this by revealing his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez the day before the Pacquiao-Hatton fight. The question that was brought up then (and I'm sure will be brought up again) was why he didn't wait for the conclusion of the Pacquiao fights and then fight Pac. Oh, the Ortiz bout is supposed to be a tune-up fight, just like the JMM fight. How many tune-up fights is he planning to do?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a decent enough pairing, but Ortiz has only just made his mark. I would like to see him build his career more really. Mayweather should really be thinking about fighting nobody except the winner of the big fight this weekend.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    My issue with this is not that Floyd is fighting Ortiz but the timing of the announcement for the fight. He did this by revealing his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez the day before the Pacquiao-Hatton fight. The question that was brought up then (and I'm sure will be brought up again) was why he didn't wait for the conclusion of the Pacquiao fights and then fight Pac. Oh, the Ortiz bout is supposed to be a tune-up fight, just like the JMM fight. How many tune-up fights is he planning to do?
    Exactly, he should be fighting Manny. Ortiz is more than a tune up, but nobody is demanding it.

Thread Information