Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What would you do against this fighter?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What would you do against this fighter?

Second fight, one in the white shorts. How would you box against him? Quick replies would be appreciated

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What would you do against this fighter?

Its kind of hard to evaluate him, as his opponent did nothing to make him do much in return. He doesn't do much at all with his left hand, and he pushes his right (sometimes a sharp push but a push nonetheless, and telegraphed to boot), and he leaves his chin hanging because he reaches with that right.
    He squares up and his chin is high; jab and circle to your right. I saw him throw one left hookish type punch and it seemed very awkward. He favors the right hand; you'll be moving away from it, so if he turns and tries to throw it watch for your right hook or straight left counter. Keep circling to your right.
    A couple things to beware of. Don't move straight back as you have in the past- he seems more apt to take advantage of that than somne of the other guys on the tapes I've seen. Also, don't come in on a straight line, especially throwing your left hand from too far away. I think he could make you pay, countering with his straight right.
    He is very right-hand happy; he seems unsure about how to use his left. Circle to your right and away from his. Jab and step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just the man I was hoping would reply to this thread Thanks for taking the time to watch it Grey, me and my coach have been working on not going back in straight lines, taking the centre of the ring and moving to my right. If he does get close hit him with the straight back hand, left uppercut ( you mentioned he drops his head ) or just holding him and spinning him off. We've also been working on the right hook and pivoting off which I think will be effective in this fight. I just hope I can stick by what i've learnt and not go back to my bad habits. I'll let you know how it goes mate and hopefully have a video soon.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd keep him turning, as he barely looks planted to begin with, keep shifting my direction and angles - I'm a step ahead of him.

If you ask me the guy is BEGGING for a right hand straight over the top of that lazy left hand, temple of jaw shot. Thrown either as a counter or a lead (counter would be ideal as he leans in... but he doesn't throw a lot of lefts... you do't want to waste time waiting)

he's not you is he? just wandering if you're being coy as to who it is because you want an unbiased opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha no Adam, it's who I'm fighting tonight. Greys saw some of my fights so he knows it's not me. Thanks for the tips mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I thought I won the fight, so did most people there, so did he, so did the referee. But they gave it him lol. I suppose being the home fighter/ticket seller/champion is an advantage. My trainer scored it 10-9, 8-10, 10-9, 10-9. But oh well I boxed a lot better and he was a tough lad. Ill put the video up asap.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love to see it.

I've been on the bad end of 2-3 desicsions... it can leave a fucking bad taste in your mouth... especially when it's one after another.

Thread Information