Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Pascal knocks out Hopkins ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What if Pascal knocks out Hopkins ?

Would that shock you? For me it would be like when Jones Jr got knocked out against Tarver, a man youve never seen badly hurt and hes out for count. Id be pretty shocked.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd b shocked but it's not out of the question.
    But Hopkins has a solid chin and could trade with a heavy hitter all day, let us not forget hopkins by nature is a brawler!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if Pascal knocks out Hopkins ?

Pascal should have finished him in the their first fight..Hopkins ring savvy and generalship is way too much for Pascal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would mostly shock me coz BHOP is that crafty he usually doesnt get hurt or in trouble but Pascal put him down in the last fight. What if this is it for him ? Age finally catching up in devestating fashion. Been a hopkins fan for a lot of yrs, would rather not see it end that way but i dont think its out of the question.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would mean that Hopkins is at the end of the road mostly and that Pascal clan did get some good experience from their previous fight with the Philly bully.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

....Then there would be much rejoicing. Hopkins has been hurt before, but really hasn't had to hold his own vs a top power puncher other than Kelly Pavlik who's power over 160 isn't all that great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i`ll eat my own shit if hopkins gets knocked out

hops greatest performances have come on the biggest stage of all, his worse have been fights that have never warranted much attention

he wont make the mistake over those first 4rounds and i predict we will see an absolute master class that sees hopkins taking a comfortable decision
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless they let Pascal bring a baseball bat in the ring, Hopkins won't get knocked out, he's too crafty, got too good of a defense, and a solid chin.

But if Hopkins should get knocked out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised.

It happens to every fighter that carries on for too long at some point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i say he gets a lot of credit, because hopkins hasn't exactly looked his age, far from over the hill, pascale gets lots of appropriate props for such a feat, but i doubt it happens, hopkins reminds me of yoga, tricky old man, he looks old as shit, but once u put them gloves on, he moves better than some guys in there 20s

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be more shocked than when Jones got KO'd. We had never seen Jones hit very hard because he was so damned hard to hit and he had just had to shed a lot of muscle too and looked the worst he had ever looked in his career in the first fight vs Tarver just a few months prior.

We have seen Hopkins hit a good few times now and we know he has a solid chin. He is fighting at a very comfortable weight for him right now and has not shed any muscle like Jones did. It could be that he gets old at once, he's certainly more than old enough for that time to come, I just don't see it. If anyone gets KO'd in this fight IMO it would be Pascal. Realistically I see Hopkins UD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I would be more shocked than when Jones got KO'd. We had never seen Jones hit very hard because he was so damned hard to hit and he had just had to shed a lot of muscle too and looked the worst he had ever looked in his career in the first fight vs Tarver just a few months prior.

We have seen Hopkins hit a good few times now and we know he has a solid chin. He is fighting at a very comfortable weight for him right now and has not shed any muscle like Jones did. It could be that he gets old at once, he's certainly more than old enough for that time to come, I just don't see it. If anyone gets KO'd in this fight IMO it would be Pascal. Realistically I see Hopkins UD.

Watch jones vs toney again, there is a part where toney turns al the way around and lands a flush wide right hand....and jones shakes it off...he has taken good ones, but tarver was there at the right time, you can easily tell by jones body, and the way he threw punches, he was no longer the same man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post

Watch jones vs toney again, there is a part where toney turns al the way around and lands a flush wide right hand....and jones shakes it off...he has taken good ones, but tarver was there at the right time, you can easily tell by jones body, and the way he threw punches, he was no longer the same man.
    Sorry I know. I should have actually said Jones was very rarely hit very hard. My mistake. I don't actually think Jones was chinny before the HW experiment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry I know. I should have actually said Jones was very rarely hit very hard. My mistake. I don't actually think Jones was chinny before the HW experiment.
    yeah very true the hw ordeal messed the guy up imo, but i think hopkins getting knocked def matches up when roy fell, i still remember seeing it...could not believe it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah very true the hw ordeal messed the guy up imo, but i think hopkins getting knocked def matches up when roy fell, i still remember seeing it...could not believe it
    Well I was shocked but after the first fight with Tarver not that shocked. He looked weak and the weaker you are the more chance of a KO.

Thread Information