Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bellew v cleverly confirmed

It's up on frank warren's website this morning!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v cleverly confirmed

I give Bellew credit for taking the fight. But he's gonna get trounced. Despite his undefeated record it's pretty obvious he's just scrub. A scrub with a poor chin. His last 2 fights prove it. He's got heart. And he packs some decent power. But when you struggle with fellow scrubs it don't bode well for your future success. Cleverly to me is some what overrated. But he's to skilled for Bellew. And seems to take a better punch. Cleverly dusts him. And he dusts him early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I agree completely with your comments. Can't see it going past 4 rounds tbh.

I still think this match up at such late notice is too good to be true.

Bellew steps in and gets credit, Warren gets his ppv back on track, then we find out at the very last notice that Bellew can't quite make the weight..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I give Bellew credit for taking the fight. But he's gonna get trounced. Despite his undefeated record it's pretty obvious he's just scrub. A scrub with a poor chin. His last 2 fights prove it. He's got heart. And he packs some decent power. But when you struggle with fellow scrubs it don't bode well for your future success. Cleverly to me is some what overrated. But he's to skilled for Bellew. And seems to take a better punch. Cleverly dusts him. And he dusts him early

clev definately isnt overrated
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cutsman View Post
    It's up on frank warren's website this morning!

Oh great stuff, thought there was a couple of things to sort out.

WAR TONY!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

decent little matchup, very khan-mcloskey esque

cleverly should have him out of there mid to late rounds
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

You are the master of crap comparisons.

Khan = world-class WBA "world" champion. McCloskey = never fought anyone close to world-class.

Cleverly = never fought anyone close to world-class. Bellew = never fought anyone close to world-class.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

You are the master of crap comparisons.

Khan = world-class WBA "world" champion. McCloskey = never fought anyone close to world-class.

Cleverly = never fought anyone close to world-class. Bellew = never fought anyone close to world-class.

cleverly = world class potential
    bellew = standard commonwealth level

if this isnt doesnt turn out to be a mismatch i will fly to ireland and nosh you off personally
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have to nominate someone in Ireland to take my place considering I live in London.

I agree Cleverly is clearly the favourite. He is the most likely winner. However, he is not a puncher and likes a tear-up. If Bellew isn't dead making weight he is definitely the hardest puncher, and probably most dangerous fighter, Cleverly has faced. And he truly believes he can KO him.

Bellew's knockdowns have all been early. And a bit weird. Twice he's gone down really heavy but looks fine seconds after restarting the fight. That certainly doesn't bode well for his rushed prep mind...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have to nominate someone in Ireland to take my place considering I live in London.

I agree Cleverly is clearly the favourite. He is the most likely winner. However, he is not a puncher and likes a tear-up. If Bellew isn't dead making weight he is definitely the hardest puncher, and probably most dangerous fighter, Cleverly has faced. And he truly believes he can KO him.

Bellew's knockdowns have all been early. And a bit weird. Twice he's gone down really heavy but looks fine seconds after restarting the fight. That certainly doesn't bode well for his rushed prep mind...
    How big of a puncher can hebe with only 10 ko's against 15 journeymen? Thats not a record that screams julian jackson, Mike Tyson or George Foreman. Also, regarding the knockdowns, as well as his punch resistance being worrying its how easy he is to catch with those shots.

Warren is basically ruining him as a fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

How big of a puncher can hebe with only 10 ko's against 15 journeymen? Thats not a record that screams julian jackson, Mike Tyson or George Foreman. Also, regarding the knockdowns, as well as his punch resistance being worrying its how easy he is to catch with those shots.

What the fuck are you going on about now? Warren is ruining him? He is not putting him in against a prime fucking Roy Jones he is fighting a guy who looks good but has fought no one near world class, Tony is 28 this is the right time to sink or swim, he is fighting another young guy who has looked great so far but we don't no how good he is I think he will be too much for Tony especially at this short notice but this a great fight.

Tony wants this fight not Warren he told Frank as soon as the German pulled out he wanted the shot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nowhere have I said he rates alongside the fiercest punchers in history. That's ridiculous. For this LEVEL Bellew has shown above average punch power. I think he has the power to hurt Cleverly. Maybe i'm wrong.

Look how many times the journeymen that have taken him the distance have been stopped? Hardly at all. Because they are survival experts. They are normally harder to stop than guys with ambition that open up. Plus these fights are just 4-6 rounders. The left hook he flattened McKenzie with in 8th round last time at least shows he retains power from the early rounds.

As Skel said - he's fighting a fellow prospect this saturday. He is not being matched with Hopkins or Pascal

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

What the fuck are you going on about now? Warren is ruining him? He is not putting him in against a prime fucking Roy Jones he is fighting a guy who looks good but has fought no one near world class, Tony is 28 this is the right time to sink or swim, he is fighting another young guy who has looked great so far but we don't no how good he is I think he will be too much for Tony especially at this short notice but this a great fight.

Tony wants this fight not Warren he told Frank as soon as the German pulled out he wanted the shot.
    Bellew thinks he has the beating of Cleverly but going on his recent fights, I dont think so and ot many others do either. When he takes a beating as is brought back down to earth with a bang he will be mentally ruined. At 28 its a bit late in the day to have to start from scratch again. Its taken him long enough to get to this point, which was going to be a rematch with a british level journey man...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he gets KOed inside a round will it fuck up his career?

he may also give a very good account of himself against a prsopect everyone is raving about and if that happens a defeat could still lift his career
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information