Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UFC 130 predictions

Would have been a great card had the Edgar vs Maynard III fight happen but here ire my predictions:
    Main card
    Rampage vs Hamill - Rampage TKO 3
    Mir vs Nelson - Nelson KO 2
    Sturve vs Browne - Browne KO 2
    Alves vs Story - Alves TKO 3
    Stann vs Santiago - Stann UD

Prelims
    Torres vs Johnson - Torres UD
    Grove vs Boetsch - grove SD

Wont bother with Facebook fights i want be watching them. Who you guys picking? Potentially this could be a great night of fights. As long as Rampage comes to fight he can get the win. As to Mir I'm a fan of him but from the Mirko fight he looked past it and i don't think he chin is all that great lately so i think Nelson has the determination and power to finish him but if the Mir who fought Kongo comes i might be eating my words!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC 130 predictions

Gotta agree with most of your picks except I think Mir is still a cut above Big Country fatty.

He should submit the fatty or win a decision.

But, as you say he could get KO'd himself.

The Brian Stann fight could be the best fight of the night.

And Rampage is gonna smash Matt Hammill.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Gotta agree with most of your picks except I think Mir is still a cut above Big Country fatty.

Basically spot on. Mir was too strong and had way better cardio than big fatty. Roy needs lose weight, its not even an option any more. If the man has the delusion that he could beat any of the top heavyweights right now in that kind of shape then he has already signed himself up for being a journeyman for the rest of his career. I know he was supposed to fight carwin before but it was cancelled coz Carwin was injured....sooooooo lucky for Nelson. Nelson would of been destroyed in seconds !!!! JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Velazquez are all beasts and to contend with them you gotta at least be in shape. Brian Stann showed some impressive leg kicks and decent hands, got some serious power. If he can hit you, hes in the fight and I dont care if Leben was sick in that fight coz I dont think it changed the outcome. Hamill looked like shit. No plan B at all. Where were these 'heavy hands' we heard about? His outstanding wrestling ability? I have always thought he was limited and that the whole heavy hands thing was hyped to disguise him as multi dimensional fighter which really isnt true, if he cant get you to ground then hes in trouble. Dont get me wrong he can probably outstrike the mediocre light heavies but with guys like Jones, Machida, Jackson, Rua, Evans...you dont wanna strike with those and all of them have above average take down defence so I think Hamill needs to find a different weight division or more skill.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post

Basically spot on. Mir was too strong and had way better cardio than big fatty. Roy needs lose weight, its not even an option any more. If the man has the delusion that he could beat any of the top heavyweights right now in that kind of shape then he has already signed himself up for being a journeyman for the rest of his career. I know he was supposed to fight carwin before but it was cancelled coz Carwin was injured....sooooooo lucky for Nelson. Nelson would of been destroyed in seconds !!!! JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Velazquez are all beasts and to contend with them you gotta at least be in shape. Brian Stann showed some impressive leg kicks and decent hands, got some serious power. If he can hit you, hes in the fight and I dont care if Leben was sick in that fight coz I dont think it changed the outcome. Hamill looked like shit. No plan B at all. Where were these 'heavy hands' we heard about? His outstanding wrestling ability? I have always thought he was limited and that the whole heavy hands thing was hyped to disguise him as multi dimensional fighter which really isnt true, if he cant get you to ground then hes in trouble. Dont get me wrong he can probably outstrike the mediocre light heavies but with guys like Jones, Machida, Jackson, Rua, Evans...you dont wanna strike with those and all of them have above average take down defence so I think Hamill needs to find a different weight division or more skill.
    Thank you thank you I'll be here all week.

Common sense said that Mir vs. Nelson and Jackson vs. Hamill were basically a couple of tune up fights. Hamill is a nice guy, and boy does he play that being deaf card for all its worth, but he is a good wrestler in a sport filled with GREAT wrestlers. He beat a nearly shot Tito Ortiz and that is probably the biggest career win he will ever get. I didn't order the ppv, but I was surprised to read that Rampage didn't stop Hamill. Sounded like he dominated the fight though.

And Brian Stann is probably one of the most mentally tough guys in MMA with his military combat experience. He destroyed Leben and he just stopped Santiago so that puts him in the top 5 at MW. Stann vs. Marquardt would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stann vs Marquardt would be great! Too bad Nate cut to WW, I think he should've stayed at MW.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Stann vs Marquardt would be great! Too bad Nate cut to WW, I think he should've stayed at MW.
    Shit. I forgot about that. 170 is wayyy too small for a guy like Marquardt. Its like when James Irvin cut down to 170. He looked like a skeleton. Or was it 185 he cut down to ? Either way Irvin looked terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit. I forgot about that. 170 is wayyy too small for a guy like Marquardt. Its like when James Irvin cut down to 170. He looked like a skeleton. Or was it 185 he cut down to ? Either way Irvin looked terrible.
    Dont worry, i didnt realise marquardt is making his welterweight debut this month.
    Last edited by Snakey; 05-31-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Dont worry, i didnt realise marquardt is making his welterweight debut this month.
    I believe MMA may need more weight classes. 185-205 is a big jump. 185 down to 170 is also a big cut for a guy. When fighters drop that much muscle, they rarely keep their strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only is a going to kill himself making 170, he's fighting Anthony Johnson, a great wrestler whose bigger than most MWs! Not a bright career choice.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only is a going to kill himself making 170, he's fighting Anthony Johnson, a great wrestler whose bigger than most MWs! Not a bright career choice.
    Damn.

I like Marquardt, but we all saw how he handled the wrestling of Chael Sonnen.

Johnson is a guy who has no business even fighting at 170, he's HUGE.

Goddamn was that a boring fight he had against Dan Hardy...

He'll probably be more willing to stand up with Marquardt though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn.

I like Marquardt, but we all saw how he handled the wrestling of Chael Sonnen.

Johnson is a guy who has no business even fighting at 170, he's HUGE.

Goddamn was that a boring fight he had against Dan Hardy...

He'll probably be more willing to stand up with Marquardt though.
    Marquardts stand up isnt bad though, so that would be in his favour if Johnson doesnt elect to wrestle. And gotta give credit to Sonnen (roided up or not), the cunt probably is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. I dont buy Anderson Silvas excuse of broken ribs and I dont really think roids had that much impact on that fight, Sonnen threw him around and made him his bitch for 4 3/4 rounds.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but Johnson has good stand up as well and hits HARD. And I was gutted when I read about what happened in the Sonnen vs. Silva fight. Sonnen did everything he said he was going to do....then got caught in a triangle at the very end of the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just heard from Dana if Rampages hand is fine he will fight bones Jones but if his hand isn't fine then Machida is going to fight for the title. Coming of one win that would be a bit strange? What do you guys think? And for the Johnson fight the chances are he will become a boring wrestler again and scrap his stand up because Marquardt is a decent stand up fighter. I like when he told Dan he wanted to stand and bang..
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Just heard from Dana if Rampages hand is fine he will fight bones Jones but if his hand isn't fine then Machida is going to fight for the title. Coming of one win that would be a bit strange? What do you guys think? And for the Johnson fight the chances are he will become a boring wrestler again and scrap his stand up because Marquardt is a decent stand up fighter. I like when he told Dan he wanted to stand and bang..
    Rampage deserves a shot at the title more than Machida, since he beat Machida. However, I don't know if Rampage at this stage can beat Jon Jones. Seems Rashad Evans is getting left out in the cold when it comes to a title shot.

And yeah Johnson did anything BUT stand and bang with Dan Hardy. That was a boring ass fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Rampage deserves a shot at the title more than Machida, since he beat Machida. However, I don't know if Rampage at this stage can beat Jon Jones. Seems Rashad Evans is getting left out in the cold when it comes to a title shot.

And yeah Johnson did anything BUT stand and bang with Dan Hardy. That was a boring ass fight.
    Rashad's getting screwed, hard! How the fuck can a champion pull out of a fight with the number one contender for surgery, then scrap the surgery and fight someone else? It's total bullshit! Rashad is the closest thing to a real contender that division has right now. Jones is ducking him like a scared little bitch. Short of an 8-man tournament, Rashad should be next.

Boring or not, Rumble's fighting smart. He'd be stupid to trade with Hardy or Marquardt when he has a clear wrestling advantage. Boring winners always get paid while exciting losers get cut, see Jon Fitch and Keith Jardine as examples.

Thread Information