Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question New Beginnings

Right, sorry if I'm doing things wrong, I'm new, just gimme a shout if I am.
    Basically I'm interested in starting boxing, and Im planning to start in September. I'm 16, and 6"0, 11 and a half stone. I'm not fat, nor am I overly muscly. I need to know round a bout what sort of exercise should I concentrate on and what dietary tips should I follow. Also, I would really appreciate some shouts on what type of boxer I should be, and some examples. I'm fast and intelligent. I have books and old tapes on some fights to inspire me and teach me. If anyone could give me a few tips, I would be more than appreciative. If you need anymore details just say. Thanks in advance! Sorry if I've done something wrong. I'll make sure not to do it again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New Beginnings

Learn the basic style! No metter of your build it will aways work! Get your weight on the back leg, go in narower stance(don´t squere up) and learnd the basics movements, maniuvers, defences and punches!(to learn this it will take considerable amount of time) Don´t fall in the trap of learning combos and head movements and s**t like this before you can´t evan stay in a stance! Build solid base of knowlidge and understanding!

You must work alot over your legs and here i don´t mean the big muscles, but the smal ones which will help you maneuver! Work on your balance from the begining. This will save alot of time later!
    Work the posterior chain, neck and core. And under core training i don´t mean stuped countless crunches!

I think that interesting boxers for beginers are Joe Louis, Sonny Liston, early early James Toney, Mike McCallum, Ezzard Charles...

Thread Information