Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Looking For Boxing Equipment Recommendations

I have a gym and have for a long time. Our speed bag platforms have seen their better days and need to be replaced.

The last time I went looking for platforms, I didn't even have Internet. I don't think it even existed back then. I'm a bit lost in this. Anyway, I'm looking for speed bag platforms that are of exceptional quality. None of that particle board crap. I want a solid platform with no rattle. Professional grade.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? C'mon, it's for the kids! I want top-level platforms, but I don't wanna play $800 for what I coulda gotten for $400. What are the gems out there?

Thanks and sorry if this is clogging up the board, which I know is more for boxing chat rather than my individual cockamamie concerns. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looking For Boxing Equipment Recommendations

I have failed numerous times to find a commercial quality speedbag set up at a reasonable price. What we ended up doing out here was hire a local carpenter to make it for us.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you for your help. And it sounds like you're interested in helping the youth via boxing, so kudos for that too. That's not a bad idea to get a nice piece of wood, and buy the swivel and brackets a la carte and turn a carpenter loose on the project. I hadn't really entertained that as a viable option, but it makes sense. Did those platforms end up being solid? I mean really solid?

Boy have times changed. I could almost outfit a whole gym for a couple grand years ago, now that's what these suckers want for 3 lousy speedbag platforms nowadays. Thanks again Marbleheadmaui.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gallegos Boxing Gym View Post
    Thank you for your help. And it sounds like you're interested in helping the youth via boxing, so kudos for that too. That's not a bad idea to get a nice piece of wood, and buy the swivel and brackets a la carte and turn a carpenter loose on the project. I hadn't really entertained that as a viable option, but it makes sense. Did those platforms end up being solid? I mean really solid?

Boy have times changed. I could almost outfit a whole gym for a couple grand years ago, now that's what these suckers want for 3 lousy speedbag platforms nowadays. Thanks again Marbleheadmaui.
    As the great strongman Paul Anderson once said "A tired boy is a good boy."

We brought the guy over so he could look at the setup we had when the kids were there using it to get an idea. What he ended up doing was using the existing wall attachment setup (that was NEVER gonna break and which adjusted and adjusts in height). It was out of commission for a few days but it has been fine since. No shake, rattle or roll! When you think about it, while specialized, it isn't a very complex setup.

Good luck!
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Thread Information