Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are women allowed to fight men in pro boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Are women allowed to fight men in pro boxing?

I know a few dykes over here that could fucking SMOKE some of the pansies walking around my apartment complex.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are women allowed to fight men in pro boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I know a few dykes over here that could fucking SMOKE some of the pansies walking around my apartment complex.
    You're a fucking nutcase...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Women shouldn't fight, period. They need to hold some type of competition in the kitchen because a boxing ring isn't a place for them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Women shouldn't fight, period. They need to hold some type of competition in the kitchen because a boxing ring isn't a place for them.
    Well.. there are also some women that shouldn't even be considered women.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They had a male vs female fight a few years ago. Cannot remember State but B.F South most likely, the female won.

I think it happened a number of yrs ago in Vegas when Tyson picked up the WBA trinket as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha Ha. Ur a funny guy Brocktonblockbust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should not be alloud, Men would just keep punching women in the boobs until they fell over.

I don't see why Tennis or football players cannot have mixed gender matches tho

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No they're not I don't believe, but any female boxer will have sparred with men. Being a light-welterweight, I've sparred with a few of girls at our gym & they're very skillful & also great to spar with because you focus on your own technique without thinking about power. Very few of the best women go pro (certainly in the UK), however because there aren't the same financial incentives to do it as there are for men. In fact, through Team GB grants a lot of them will earn more as amateurs.

Anyway brockton I'm sure there will be some 147lb South Korean women who you can beat up in sparring as you prepare for your own pro debut.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Trainer Monkey was hoping to stick his wife in with another man and watch her get pounded.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    No they're not I don't believe, but any female boxer will have sparred with men. Being a light-welterweight, I've sparred with a few of girls at our gym & they're very skillful & also great to spar with because you focus on your own technique without thinking about power. Very few of the best women go pro (certainly in the UK), however because there aren't the same financial incentives to do it as there are for men. In fact, through Team GB grants a lot of them will earn more as amateurs.

Anyway brockton I'm sure there will be some 147lb South Korean women who you can beat up in sparring as you prepare for your own pro debut.
    When I was considering it, it would really have meant moving to the US because the UK is still now - 15+ years later behind the US and europe in terms of supporting womens boxing. I went from MA to boxing back to MA because there we so few women competing in boxing but plenty in thai & kickboxing.

But BBB have you gone a bit mental?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

When I was considering it, it would really have meant moving to the US because the UK is still now - 15+ years later behind the US and europe in terms of supporting womens boxing. I went from MA to boxing back to MA because there we so few women competing in boxing but plenty in thai & kickboxing.

But BBB have you gone a bit mental?
    Yeah, I've noticed a lot more doing Thai & Kickboxing. It's odd that they'd do that because having come from kickboxing, you have far fewer trainers & officials who care about your welfare & how to best develop you as a fighter. Unfortunately, with the exception of those who've actually boxed & been around female boxers, the general boxing fan has ridiculously patronising attitudes to it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's what so annonyed me - it was fine to get kicked, take a knee or elbow to the face but god forbid a woman should get punched

I think it will take another 20 years before it's seen as more acceptable but it really needs some strong female role models. When I was training I studied fight tapes of guys because the women I watched were game but technically poor. I owe my killer left hook to the body to watching MAB, shadow boxing it, working it on the bag and then going looking for it in sparring. No one ever taught it me, I taught myself that one. Dropped one man and made another smart arse street fighter back peddle and stop messing about from that one punch. Gained plenty of respect from that one hand not punched any watermelons though I think that's what was holding me back.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    You're a fucking nutcase...

A pattern is starting to surface here....
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    that's what so annonyed me - it was fine to get kicked, take a knee or elbow to the face but god forbid a woman should get punched

I think it will take another 20 years before it's seen as more acceptable but it really needs some strong female role models. When I was training I studied fight tapes of guys because the women I watched were game but technically poor. I owe my killer left hook to the body to watching MAB, shadow boxing it, working it on the bag and then going looking for it in sparring. No one ever taught it me, I taught myself that one. Dropped one man and made another smart arse street fighter back peddle and stop messing about from that one punch. Gained plenty of respect from that one hand not punched any watermelons though I think that's what was holding me back.
    Which amateur club were you with if you don't mind me asking?

All the girls at our club are very skillful, but one of our trainers is a woman so maybe we have quite a forward attitude to it.

You can't help it though. We can't all be naturally heavy-handed

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

never officially carded, came close but there was no one to fight so I quit! I trained in a couple of gyms in Stoke - couple are complete shit but most of my training I did in Sheffield.
    I spent a while training in a pro-am gym and watching the amatuers my style was far from that - the run at each other and flail for 2mins -nah not me, dumb.

Thread Information